Bellazon

Football

goose

Yay someone to complain to about our awesomeness! :bounce:

Count me in the Suarez bandwagon Ed. Dude is awesome. :bounce:

I'm a big fan of Arshavin but not surprised to hear rumours of his exit. With the exception of the Champions League first leg game against Barcelona, where he appeared to be briefly possessed by the spirit of Nigel De Jong, he came nowhere near to replicating the performances of the previous year and indeed, spent most of last season looking decidedly overweight.

Always thought Mikel Arteta would be a ready made replacment for Fabregas when the inevitable transfer to Barca eventually happened. A class player when fit but much like Van Persie, his reputation as an injury prone player seems to precede him at this point.

So how are Juve shaping up this year? I'm totally out of touch with the Italian game these days. :(

Last thing Everton would need at this point is to lose Arteta! :ninja:

I'm not ready to lose faith in Arsenal just yet, but Arsene will have to bring someone in to fill the huge creative hole the departure of Cesc and the impending departure of Nasri have created.

They combined for 13 goals and 15 assists from midfield last season, just in the league. Unless they can bring someone in to pick up the slack, they will struggle to score. We've already seen that vs. Newcastle and Udinese.

I like Arteta, but I don't think he is the new blood that we need. As good as he is (and I really like him), I wouldn't start him over Wilshere. I'm more concerned about our wingers. I think we will try to get Eden Hazard. Haven't watched that much of him, but I believe he will be doing a decent job. We like to get Mata, but he seem a bit pricey.

The player I would like to get the most, and I don't know why this doesn't come up as an idea by the others, is Kaka'. He has lost his speed, and is definitely not the one he used to be. But he plays football straight, and his passing ability can come in handy with our system. Plus he is definitely unhappy in Madrid (at least because he isn't a starter), and Madrid kinda wants to release him too. I doubt he'll go back to Milan (especially after Shevchenko example), as he'll only damage his legacy there, and he definitely won't join Inter. That makes EPL the likeliest destination, and when City tried him few years ago, he had declared that if he comes to England, he'd like to play for Arsenal, or Manyoo. It can be a win-win-win situation, but if I know Wenger, he won't even think of getting a 29 year old.

M* - Currently Italian league has no heavy-weight teams, to match up with Barça, Real, Chelsea, or Man.U. But there is competition, like never before. This year Juve looks like finally will be back in the title race. We've added some new blood, with Pirlo and Vucinic being the most important ones, plus last year we struggled a lot with injuries, so this year hopefully we'll get back on track. Juve is also interested in Villareal's Rossi, but seems like it's not going to happen.

Inter is likely to lose Etoo to Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala (Roberto Carlos plays for them too). Rumor has it that Porto's Colombian striker Falcao is about to join Atletico Madrid, so I think that means Forlan will be Etoo's replacement.

At least there is a league where I have title hopes. :fun:

^ Mata to Chelsea :cry:

I know Kaka' is not the same, but maybe more play time is exactly what he needs. It's not like he is out of shape or anything. He has great body of work, and even if his injury will never heal 100%, he may make a decent comeback if given the opportunity.

I have a feeling that Wenger will be willing to pay Hazard, as he has to buy someone, and he has a soft spot for french players. Another option is Lazio's argentinian Mauro Zarate. I used to really like him for a couple of years, but last season he was oddly ineffective. So his name doesn't get me that psyched at all.

I know Kaka' is not the same, but maybe more play time is exactly what he needs. It's not like he is out of shape or anything. He has great body of work, and even if his injury will never heal 100%, he may make a decent comeback if given the opportunity.

I have a feeling that Wenger will be willing to pay Hazard, as he has to buy someone, and he has a soft spot for french players. Another option is Lazio's argentinian Mauro Zarate. I used to really like him for a couple of years, but last season he was oddly ineffective. So his name doesn't get me that psyched at all.

I don't know, do you really think Kaka at 29 and with limited abilities due to a chronic injury can really adapt to the pace of the English game? Not to mention that he would command a very high salary. Both of which makes a move to the Emirates quite unlikely.

Hazard is not a Frenchman, he's a Belgian. ;) And Lille are rumored to want 25-30 million euros (35-43 million dollars) for him. IIRC, the highest transfer fee Arsene has paid in the last decade was £ 17 million (28 million dollars) for José Antonio Reyes. So he would have to break his own transfer record by a considerable amount to afford Hazard.

I don't know, do you really think Kaka at 29 and with limited abilities due to a chronic injury can really adapt to the pace of the English game? Not to mention that he would command a very high salary. Both of which makes a move to the Emirates quite unlikely.

Hazard is not a Frenchman, he's a Belgian. ;) And Lille are rumored to want 25-30 million euros (35-43 million dollars) for him. IIRC, the highest transfer fee Arsene has paid in the last decade was £ 17 million (28 million dollars) for José Antonio Reyes. So he would have to break his own transfer record by a considerable amount to afford Hazard.

Well Kaka is my ultimate favorite player to whom I've been introduced in the 00s, so I'm not claiming I'm unbiased. But I believe if he gets more playing time, he'll recover quite a bit. His speed won't be there, but his technical abilities should be.

I know for Real it's hard to let go of a player you've payed this much. Plus he is not a trouble maker, so they are not in a hurry to get rid of him, but I'd guess they're realizing that his value will only go down as time passes. I'm certain they can find a middle way if they want to work things out (which they probably won't, and don't).

Sorry for my mistake :) Though I have a french friend whose lastname is Hazard, so that must've gotten me confused. Since he is a Belgian, maybe you can fill me in about him. Some media here heir him as the new-coming of Zidane. I get a feeling that's a bit over the top, yet that he can be a great addition for us.

And one last think: Did anyone notice Meireles pointing his middle-finger at somebody after the 2nd goal. Suarez immediately took his hand down, so the refs won't see it, but the camera was zoomed at them! :ninja:

Early dominance at home turns into abject surrender when not immediately followed by goals. Young players overawed on the park while experienced heads warm the bench. Woefully short in at least four positions. Little to no resolve from the manager to plug said holes. Business as usual at the SOL, then. :banghead:

Or he could just promote another 16 year old :p Is Ryo Miyaichi ready to play yet?

How sweet! Just got our ass kicked. Congratulations Ed & TheEnigma!! I hope Udinese does the same to us to! We really need to hit the rock bottom before jumping back to the top. :(

I only watched from the first goal onwards and I think by then you guys were down to 10 men, so I can't judge how good/bad Arsenal were.

I hear some Arsenal fans want Wenger out. Meanwhile others support their manager, saying "In Arsene We Trust" and citing how since Arsene's arrival they have won some important trophies and managed to always play in the Premier League every season. The club seems to be in transition and no one else can take the place of Wenger.

It all sounds so familiar for some reason :whistle:

And one last think: Did anyone notice Meireles pointing his middle-finger at somebody after the 2nd goal. Suarez immediately took his hand down, so the refs won't see it, but the camera was zoomed at them! :ninja:

Can't say I did *scours interwebz for replays*

Early dominance at home turns into abject surrender when not immediately followed by goals. Young players overawed on the park while experienced heads warm the bench. Woefully short in at least four positions. Little to no resolve from the manager to plug said holes. Business as usual at the SOL, then. :banghead:

:(

Does anyone know something about Diego Forlan? His father made a statement today saying that Diego won't stay at Atletico Madrid this season and Diego confirmed Inter made an offer...

Falcao in + Eto'o out = Forlan transer. Forlan's a good striker with a pretty rounded game but he seems to have lost motivation the past couple of seasons.

Real Madrid and Tottenham Hotspur have reached an agreement for the transfer of Lassana Diarra - Spurs will pay €11,5m

Good buy for Spurs. I quite like Lass and thought he did a good job at Madrid.

Valencia's chairman Manuel Llorente have told Unai Emery that Mata will be sold to Chelsea. He will be wearing number 10 at Chelsea

:cry:

I hate you Llorente!

So according to the presenters of Sky's 'Sunday Supplement' programme, Seb Larsson's attempt to escape punishment for his (admittedly blatant) goal-line handball yesterday was worse than Joey Barton's effort to incriminate every other player on the park against Arsenal last weekend.

Translation: Please Joey, don't slag me off or quote Machiavelli at me on Twitter. :cain:

Valencia's chairman Manuel Llorente have told Unai Emery that Mata will be sold to Chelsea. He will be wearing number 10 at Chelsea

:cry:

I hate you Llorente!

There's something strange in Arsenal's neighbourhood, and it's almost certainly located in the board room rather than the dugout. Mata was expected to join them for months, but they supposedly dropped their interest last week (having allowed a £22m buy-out clause in his contract to expire) figuring Chelsea would trump any offer made by Wenger. But assuming the transfer of Nasri to Man City is still essentially a done deal, Arsenal have raked in almost 60 million quid in a week. Surely they have the cash now? :unsure: