Bellazon

Football

goose

If you still need it Freddy,

Links for the Schalke 04 vs Borrusia Dortmund game (Wide Screen, 1129 MB)

http://www.fileserve.com/file/QWbFdKE

http://www.fileserve.com/file/9kK2sHT

http://www.fileserve.com/file/7A5ep3s

Credit to Bobik007

Thanks Ed, I managed to already find a link, meaning I spent Monday morning hooting and roaring at Schalke's inept...well, everything.

"Mourinho like a cheating husband"

Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti has compared Jose Mourinho's exit to "a husband cheating on his wife".

After joining the Italians in 2008, Mourinho led them to the Scudetto before winning a historic treble with the club in 2009/10.

However, despite pleas from the players and club hierarchy, the Portuguese opted to leave when Real Madrid came calling in the summer.

Moratti, who had always enjoyed a good relationship with the coach, told calciomercatoweb.it: "It was like a husband cheating on his wife, but seeing as he cares for her and doesn't have the courage to admit to it, he climbed out the window."

At one point Moratti had even compared Mourinho to legendary coach Helenio Herrera, but refused to draw the same parallel this time round.

"Is Mourinho like Herrera? Football has changed," said the president.

"The coaches didn't used to be on the transfer market, but now they are. Mourinho and Herrera do have many things in common: they are genial, professional, but above all do hard work.

"‘Il Mago' worked so much and the same can be said of Mourinho."

Life under new coach Rafael Benitez has not been the smoothest so far for Inter Milan with both Samuel Eto'o and Diego Milito admitting they've already had differences with the Spaniard.

Seems violating backlines on the pitch wasn't enough

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id...and&cc=3436

Weirdly enough, I was chatting to somebody about all things red & white on Tuesday evening when it was mentioned that our ex-loanee Jonny Evans was accused of something similar a couple of years back (which I'd completely forgotten about). The following morning, the news about Bramble broke.

Though the majority of our fans would have been bracing themselves for a Bramble gaffe of some sort, I never thought it could be one of such epic proportions. Still, innocent until proven guilty and all that.

Ed, I think we're finally even for the beach ball incident!

Our propensity for giving away goals in new, original and often comical ways never ceases to amaze me. Lord knows how we'll top it next week - an own goal off the back of someone's neck, or maybe a Bent penalty that hits the bar, bounces back and and lobs Mignolet. Still, a point and two goals at Anfield isn't to be sniffed at. Nice one, Darren.

What in the world happened to Arsenal today? :blink:

Re: Liverpool/Sunderland - What a terrible refereeing performance, one of those real cowardly, snivelling weak willed ones. And Gerrard's elbow, how typical. But its okay Alan Hansen (ex-Liverpool) said it wasn't a red card because he only "led" with his elbow, which is of course utter nonsense. Bruce was absolutely right, if it had been Lee Cattermole it wouldn't have been seen as contentious at all and he'd have gone. Will the Pool still get Big Four advantages when they finish 9th though?

How did I foresee the Blackpool result? *sigh* Take your best shot guys. I don't think I can even be bothered answering any messages in this thread.

Btw, congrats on the haul for Fantasy, M*. Next matchday, I have to play the much-feared Average. I lost to it last time and I believe everyone but Freddy has lost to it as well *quivers* :ninja:

Pretty sure I've suffered a couple of defeats to Average myself. They're fast becoming the Stoke City of our little league. <_<

Anyway Ed, thought this story might help cheer you up a bit after the weekend's events...

Police question Man City's Balotelli for breaking INTO women’s prison

Manchester City's Mario Balotelli is in more hot water in Italy. The Sunday Mirror says Balotelli has been quizzed by police after attempting to drive through the gates of a women's prison in Brescia, Italy - "out of sheer curiosity", according to his lawyer. The Italian star, a £24m summer buy from Inter Milan, figured in a series of controversial on and off-field incidents during his time in Serie A.

The 20-year-old and brother Enock, 17, were grilled for half an hour before being released. Brescia jail officer Calogero Lo Presti said: "We saw a high-powered Mercedes Coupé come through the gate with two lads on board, and after a few minutes we realised Balotelli was one of them. They were questioned for 30 minutes to get their details and by the end both were frightened. Balotelli said he was sorry. They said they had seen the gate was open, and drove in without knowing that you need special permission to visit the jail. They added they were especially curious at the fact it was a women’s prison."

Balotelli's curiosity about the state of women's prisons really tingles the senses! In fact should I ever run into the gladiatorial City sharpshooter down at the newsagents or city library or what have you, I'll be sure to recommend him the Prisoner Cell Block H DVD boxset, which I think he'd thoroughly enjoy.

These hijinx reminds me of a few years ago when Glen Johnson sat down and watched Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, which he enjoyed so much that it inspired him to start stealing toilet seats on behalf of the poor. Noble intention, kid, but maybe stick to the football, eh?*

*although on recent form, maybe he shouldn't!

• 2 weeks later...

Rooney waits for starting call

Wayne Rooney is facing an anxious wait to see if he is recalled into Manchester United action at the weekend.

United play West Bromwich Albion on Saturday.

The striker could be on collision course with manager Sir Alex Ferguson, who said he was left out of his side's past two games against Valencia and Sunderland because of an ankle injury.

But when asked after England's 0-0 draw with Montenegro at Wembley in midweek if his ankle had caused any problems, Rooney replied: "No, I have had no ankle problems all season."

England physio Gary Lewin confirmed there was no issues regarding Rooney's fitness during his time with the national team.

Lewin told talkSport: "We are in communication with the clubs every day so we knew what was going on with Wayne.

"I can only speak about the seven days he was with England and he trained every day and was fit for the game.

"He had not played for Manchester United for two weeks before and what happened at United is between them and him. But when he arrived with us he was fit and available to play.

"Manchester United knew with the two weeks he had off and the treatment they were giving him that by the time he came to us he would be ready to train. And they were quite open with us about that."

Owen Hargreaves could be on the bench after a first team absence stretching back over two years.

He was struck down by an acute form of tendinitis in his knees, which he first experienced during his time at Bayern Munich.

Two operations and an extensive period of rehabilitation seemed to have put the 29-year-old back on track by the end of last season.

Yet Hargreaves's hopes of being fit for the start of this campaign were wrecked when he experienced more discomfort after his return to training.

He was dispatched back to Colorado by Ferguson for more work with Dr Richard Steadman.

Veteran winger Ryan Giggs is hoping to return against newly-promoted West Brom after a minor hamstring injury as United attempt to maintain their 100% record on home soil.

Loading comments...

Problems loading Disqus?

Balotelli's curiosity about the state of women's prisons really tingles the senses! In fact should I ever run into the gladiatorial City sharpshooter down at the newsagents or city library or what have you, I'll be sure to recommend him the Prisoner Cell Block H DVD boxset, which I think he'd thoroughly enjoy.

These hijinx reminds me of a few years ago when Glen Johnson sat down and watched Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, which he enjoyed so much that it inspired him to start stealing toilet seats on behalf of the poor. Noble intention, kid, but maybe stick to the football, eh?*

*although on recent form, maybe he shouldn't!

I found out about the Johnson incident much, much later and was kicking myself for somehow managing to overlook this corker of a headline - "Johnson - I want to be known as England star, not toilet seat thief". Strange though - on the sliding scale of embarrassment, I would have thought both tags were roughly on a par.

I found out about the Johnson incident much, much later and was kicking myself for somehow managing to overlook this corker of a headline - "Johnson - I want to be known as England star, not toilet seat thief". Strange though - on the sliding scale of embarrassment, I would have thought both tags were roughly on a par.

Hey come on Michael, its not like we have to play qualifiers against countries with the vast talent pool of Montenegro every time! There are still easy wins against genuine minnows like Wales in the offing!

Anyway, what a week! Roy Hodgsen really is becoming more and more like Ellen Burstyn in Requiem for a Dream.

Don't even get me started on those bloody Montenegrins, lording it over us with their astute game plans, and their limited but tactically disciplined players. How are we supposed to compete? :persuazn:

On a side note - if this were really Sam Allardyce's Twitter account, I'd forgive Blackburn for being such a powerful stench on the footballing map.

The way Michael joins the vampire gang in 'The Lost Boys' is strikingly similar to how Sir Alex seduced me into joining the LMA.

11:22 AM Oct 12th via Twitter for iPhone

Then afterwards Sir Alex took me down to a railway bridge and made me jump over it with him. What a hugely endearing man.

11:25 AM Oct 12th via Twitter for iPhone

http://twitter.com/TheBig_Sam

49619335rooneyfergie.jpg

U-turn? More like a Roo-turn!

I'm particularly delighted for the fans, for Malcolm and his sons, for David 'Gilly' Gill, for Nani, for Giggsy and of course, for Owen Hargreaves.

Now, where's every broadsheet hack who tried to convince this was anything other than a bargaining ploy? I bet Ferguson was pulling a Joaquin Phoenix in his highly confessional press conference, now that I think about it!