Bellazon

Abbey Lee Kershaw
Thumbnail

Thiago.

Model Monday

Abbey Lee lives in the ocean with the mermaids and selkies; she can breathe underwater and read people’s minds! At least, that’s what she wants us to think... The 26 year old dyed her hair white to look more like a fairy but when she’s not pretending she’s a mythical creature, she the supermodel goddess we see in the pages of Vogue, W, Pop, Interview, on the runways of Chanel, Prada, Fendi, Versace, as an angel for Victoria’s Secret or a green-haired-robot from the future on the cover of i-D. She was in the band Our Mountain, is going to be in the film Mad Max: Fury Road released in 2014, is an artist and a writer and wants to try everything! Originally from Victoria, Australia, Abbey was spotted walking along the beach with her grandmother ten years ago, is now signed to NEXT and after a year long hiatus from modelling whilst filming Mad Max she’s back with a short brunette crop, a big Gucci campaign and little bit of controversy over her protest at the punk-themed Met Gala, where she scrawled ‘Gun Control’ across her abs. We want to run away with Abbey Lee.

Felicity Kinsella | Mon 25 November 2013

What would you be doing if you weren’t a model and a actress?

I'd probably be pursuing my music or art more heavily. Or working with mentally/physically challenged adults. I did that for work experience back at school and absolutely adored it.

What was filming Mad Max like?

It was like falling in love.

What film would you have most loved to play the main character in?

Lisa Rowe in Girl Interrupted. I suppose I have some pent up disturbances I could put to use.

What’s the most rebellious thing you’ve ever done?

Oof that's a big one! Can't tell... Ok, here's one... Being a vegetarian at 12 years old was pretty rebellious. Fairly fashionable now I suppose.

What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever read about yourself?

That I had my back teeth removed to enhance my jaw line.

What reactions did you get to your Met Gala ‘Gun Control’ statement?

A vast mix. My favourite was “she's a stupid slut who was just looking for an excuse to take her clothes off.” They were spot on.

What was the last dream you had?

That a woman with blonde hair and black roots wearing a leopard skin coat was stealing everything in my bedroom.

Where is your favourite place in the world?

Underwater. Any water. I feel alive, alone, free and weightless under water.

If you were invisible for a day what would you do?

I'd sit inside a prison. That would be fascinating.

What do you do for fun?

Paint, dance, drink, watch movies, cuddle and hang. All sorts of things. It depends really on time, weather, place and mood.

Who is your best friend in the fashion industry?

Crystal Renn. She's one of the most fascinating people I have ever met. The most unique soul. I want to grow old with her. She's a witch.

Where do you see yourself in five years time?

Hopefully in more movies.

http://i-d.vice.com/en_gb/look/model-week/12/tuneful-tuesday

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...