Bellazon

Lakshmi Menon
Thumbnail

Sam12

Model Hot Seat: Lakshmi Menon :drool:

6a00d834527a7669e20120a.jpg

Spotted at: Michael Kors

Age: 26. “I’ve done four Fashion Weeks, I think. Sorry, I’m losing track! I got discovered while I was in India attending University. I started working in Paris and then New York. I’ve been doing this for the past two years now.”

Hometown: Goa, India. “I live there with my boyfriend and I love being there. He doesn’t like me traveling so much, but he doesn’t really have a choice in matter! We’re trying to work it out. He travels with me and when he travels I’ll travel with him. We try to plan things. He’s in New York right now with me—he’s a photographer and has some work here.”

Fashion Week Hair Saver: “I shampoo and condition with Dr Hauschka products because they're mild and have the least amount of chemicals and alcohol—I have to shampoo once or twice a day during Fashion Week and they're gentle enough for that. But when I’m at home and have more time on my hands, I do a hot oil massage on my hair with coconut oil. That always helps. And, of course, I have to get a trim after every Fashion Week because there’s never much left at the ends.”

Fresh-Faced Secret: “I drink lots of water, eat good food, and try to have a positive attitude—that generally helps your skin and hair. My favorite food is Indian. I love a South Indian breakfast. I could eat idli and sambhar all day.”

Party Must-Have: “I don’t wear much makeup when I go out. At the most, I put a little kohl liner on my eyes. I use Aveda Petal Essence Eye Definer. It’s more natural and not so toxic. I’ll also wear a bit of lip gloss. It depends on where I’m going. Most of the time I just go out with friends to dinner.”

Best Backstage Pastime: “I think about stuff that I have to do, things that need to be done—unfinished work I’ve been procrastinating about. I sort of go through my lists and try to finish up by the end of the day. I write notes to myself on my Blackberry.”

Favorite Part About Fashion Week: “Meeting new people is always fun.”

Least Favorite Part About Fashion Week: “Getting my hair, makeup, and nails done four times a day. There’s nothing left of my hair, skin, and nails by the time I’m done with Paris Fashion Week. Everything just becomes raw.”

source: elle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...