Bellazon

Meghan Collison
Thumbnail

Thiago.

who is the editor for nippon? they LOVE her there!!! hahahaha!

and omg! ^ i'm retarded with scans!!! my scanner is just retarded! its all pixelated and you can see the colors dot by dot! eugh!!! but im too cheap to get a new one! hahahaa!

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

i know!!!! seriously! shes been MIA! which is sad because she could actually be great if she could get consistent booking and establish longevity (like raquel!).... in comparison to these East Block new comers!

plus! it seems like she lost weight! she looks different for some reason!

• 2 weeks later...

Can't believe her thread is so ... short/abandoned?

I'm short of time, but a while ago, I upload this at my blog http://anintriguingfashion.blogspot.com/20...n-collison.html (source tfs)

from that shooting i falled in love with her. She's not the typical sweet face model, love her strong face and perfect bangs (reminds me a little to irina)

How I meet her? from an interview with blogger pony ryder http://pony-ryder.blogspot.com/2009/02/exc...ith-meghan.html

also found a photos of her @Siri Tollerod thread, from another magazine

hope i can upload the photos when i have time, if someone can upload them before, THANKS!:)

Exclusive interview with Meghan Collison

There is just one sentence than can describe Meghan that will tell you all: Vogue Cover girl! Perfect intro,don't you think?

Meghan Collison is with Supreme, Woman Paris, Woman Milan, Premier in London, Mode models (mother agency).

PONY RYDER: First Meghan, please solve the mystery: will you participate this season's Fashion weeks?

MEGHAN COLLISON: Yes I will be doing a few shows this season.

PONY RYDER: And where is your Supreme showcard?

MEGHAN COLLISON: I was in school when the Supreme show card was shot. I really thought this seasons show package was beautiful.

PONY RYDER: So are you modeling full time, or did you start going to college?

MEGHAN COLLISON: Now I'm back to modeling full time, but last September I took some time too myself to study psychology and a few other courses.

PONY RYDER: What is the most important thing in your life right now?

MEGHAN COLLISON: The people I love <3

PONY RYDER: Meghan, what is your ethnic origin?

MEGHAN COLLISON: I was born in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. My ethnic origin is Ukrainian on my mother's side and Icelandic on my father's side.

Ph. Mario Testino for Vogue UK

PONY RYDER: OK, let's go back to your first modeling days. How where you scouted?

MEGHAN COLLISON: I was scouted at a model search held by Kelly Streit and Mode models. I came in first place and with that I won a contract with the agency.

PONY RYDER: Did you ever expect that your career would be so big?

MEGHAN COLLISON: No... If someone told me two years ago that this is what I'd be doing I wouldn't have believed them. I am so grateful for the opportunities that I have been given and all the amazing people I have met along the way.

PONY RYDER: Where you popular in high school?

MEGHAN COLLISON: In high school I had a close group of friends that I stuck with. I was quite shy, but got along with everyone.

PONY RYDER: What do you personally think, is it more important for a model to be recogniazble or to be versatile?

MEGHAN COLLISON: I think it is more important for a model to be recognizable. You have to have something that stands out from the crowd or else you get lost among it. As far as versatility, I don't really think a model has much control over that. One definition of versatility is the capability of moving freely in all directions. We don't decide the styling, what we wear, the makeup, the hair, or the image being selected.

PONY RYDER: From the very start you appeared on the scene, you remained the same, darkhead - light skinned. So... What about tanning, or going red like Coco?

MEGHAN COLLISON: No I don't believe in tanning. It does nothing for the skin, but cause sun damage and premature aging. I think there is nothing wrong with being really pale! Take Baz Luhrman's advice: "Wear Sunscreen, If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it".

PONY RYDER: Talking about that, which brand of sunscreen do you use?

MEGHAN COLLISON: The sunscreen that i use is Neutrogena Sunblock, Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch The SPF i use changes depending on the weather.

PONY RYDER: The Vogue Italia image of you with a full body tattoo is now legendary! Tell us about that photoshoot, and the elaborate make up process.

MEGHAN COLLISON: That was an amazing photoshoot. It took a day to cover our bodies in tattoos.

PONY RYDER: Did you meet the other models at that shoot?

MEGHAN COLLISON: I did meet the other models at the shoot, including Kinga and Lara. Everyone was so sweet!

PONY RYDER: You where the face of D&G and Prada Resort. OK, Meghan, please tell us this, are you taller than Sasha Pivovarova? :)

MEGHAN COLLISON: Hmmm well Im 5'11 so maybe ;-)

PONY RYDER: When models first appear on the scene, they are sometimes compared to other, already established models. Were you compared to anyone?

MEGHAN COLLISON: I was compared to Freja and Querelle Jansen.

PONY RYDER: Did you know at first how to walk in high heels?

MEGHAN COLLISON: Ohhh high heels. I have a love-hate relationship with them haha. I never really wore high heels before modeling because I felt like I was too tall as it was.

PONY RYDER: Who taught you how to do runway walk?

MEGHAN COLLISON: My agency is the one that taught me how to runway walk.

PONY RYDER: You walked for everyone, but can you still name your favorite runway job that can also relate to your personal style?

MEGHAN COLLISON: I really like Alexander Wang. All his clothes I just love.

PONY RYDER: What is your favorite photo of yourself?

MEGHAN COLLISON: This really tough question to answer...probably the one from Vogue Italia: I look at this photo and am amazed at how transformed they made me. The makeup , the hair, the tattoos, and the colors are amazing.

PONY RYDER: I wonder, now that you are a huge name in the industry, do you get different treatment?

MEGHAN COLLISON: No I haven't really noticed a different treatment. which is good.

PONY RYDER: What about bookings, do you get booked directly or you have to do castings as well?

MEGHAN COLLISON: I do go to castings and occasionally get directly booked, so a little bit of both i guess.

PONY RYDER: Do you like to shot more editorials where you are all edgy or the ones where you are all glamorous like for example when Craig McDean shot you for W?

MEGHAN COLLISON: I like to do both. Its always fun to wear a pretty dress and then the next day rock out a leather coat haha.

PONY RYDER: I wonder, do TOPGIRLS read web sites to see what people think of them?

MEGHAN COLLISON: One of the great things about beauty is that it is subjective. Some people will love a model while others won't get it. As long as you are comfortable with who you are, it shouldn't matter what other people think of you. Life is too short.

PONY RYDER: Let's go back, what is your personal style like?

MEGHAN COLLISON: My personal style is quite dark. Most of my wardrobe is black but i am trying to make an effort to wear a little more color.

PONY RYDER: Do you have a favorite style item that you own?

MEGHAN COLLISON: I have a pair of Anna Sui boots that I love. I also own so many pairs of black jeans, can't go wrong with that! I also have this tank top that is half baby blue and half pink that was given to me by my mother. She used to wear it when she was a teenager.

PONY RYDER: Beauty talk now! :) How do you stay in shape?

MEGHAN COLLISON: Go to the gym and eat healthy.

PONY RYDER: How do you mentain your skin (products)?

MEGHAN COLLISON: I make sure I drink lots of water and exfoliate regularly. I really like Neostrata skin care products.

PONY RYDER: Any beauty advice you know of...

MEGHAN COLLISON: Everything in moderation and stay out of the sun!

PONY RYDER: Are there some make up products that are always with you?

MEGHAN COLLISON: When I do wear makeup I like to use MAC studiofix powder. Other things that I carry with me are cherry lip balm, mascara, and a black eye liner pencil.

PONY RYDER: What did you learn from make up artist you worked with?

MEGHAN COLLISON: How to do winged eyeliner. It's so hard to do though! I still need a little more practice with it before I leave the house with it on.

PONY RYDER: Favorite fragrance?

MEGHAN COLLISON: My boyfriend bought me Dior Hypnotic Poison for Christmas which I have been wearing recently.

PONY RYDER: Favorite film?

MEGHAN COLLISON: My favorite film is probably American Beauty because of the memories I have attached to it. I used to never really watch films but lately i have seen more. I usually like comedies or thrillers. Just as long as it has an good plot that can hold my interest for 2 hours im good ( I've been told I have a short attention span from my friends haha )

PONY RYDER: Did you? :) Do you love music?

MEGHAN COLLISON: I love music, everywhere I go I make sure I pack my Ipod.

PONY RYDER: What is your favorite song at the moment?

MEGHAN COLLISON: My favorite songs at this moment are Weeping Willow by The Verve, Wonderwall by Oasis, A Boy and his Machine Gun by Matt Good, Messes of Men by Mewithoutyou, You wont know by Brand New, Sleep by the Dandy Warhols, Epilogue by The Receiving End of Sirens, and A Boy Brushed Red Living in Black and White by Underoath. My favorite songs are constantly changing though.

PONY RYDER: What advice would you give to new models(or to anyone who wants to look good in pictures) on posing?

MEGHAN COLLISON: Everyone looks good when they smile! :heart:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...