Bellazon

Paulina Porizkova
Thumbnail

supermodel07

Thanks, Brazilianaffair! On Fashion Spot, I also found these (there's a short article in Italian) - so here it all is, in the order it appears in the magazine, including the cover of that issue.

Maybe it's just these pictures (airbrushing and all) but, other than the close-up pic of her, the rest almost look to me like she's had some work done - does anyone else agree? I hope not - I like that she is so against it!

post-18318-1335373137_thumb.jpg post-18318-1335372927_thumb.jpg post-18318-1335372968_thumb.jpg post-18318-1335372991_thumb.jpg post-18318-1335373018_thumb.jpg post-18318-1335373044_thumb.jpg post-18318-1335373057_thumb.jpg

she does look a little plastic, just like Stephanie Seymour did in her last editorial, or Naomi Campbell & Kristen McMenamy in theirs a few months ago....it's funny because if you see recent candids of all these ladies, they all look more than fine in real life if you ask me... editors might have overdone with the airbrush

SF Chronicle has a feature about Supermodels, Then and Now:

http://blog.sfgate.com/dailydish/2012/03/0...s-then-and-now/

There's a nice candid of Paulina in the series, from "the late 80s". It's the 45th frame. Trying again ... let's see if I can get a link to that frame:

http://blog.sfgate.com/dailydish/wp-conten...now/paulina.jpg

she does look a little plastic, just like Stephanie Seymour did in her last editorial, or Naomi Campbell & Kristen McMenamy in theirs a few months ago....it's funny because if you see recent candids of all these ladies, they all look more than fine in real life if you ask me... editors might have overdone with the airbrush

I agree. The 1st & 3rd photos are off, I had doubts if it was really her until I saw her name on the editorial, and the glam face shot is nice but perhaps a little too much finessing.

OK - just found these - they are a bit odd. Apparently a guy named David Farley wrote a book back in 2009 called An Irreverent Curiosity and Paulina showed up to some kind of party celebrating this dressed as a nun. She wasn't the only one, so I guess it was the thing to do... (?)

post-18318-1335445146_thumb.jpg post-18318-1335445154_thumb.jpg post-18318-1335445165_thumb.jpg