Bellazon

MLB

Capt Snow

Oh, can the Yankees get an out?  :laugh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh um is that the sound of a lowly mets fan with no chance of seeing the postseason? oh yes, thought so. i'll let your comment slide as i feel nothing but pity for you :p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Lowly Mets fan" :laugh: :laugh: You Yankee front-runners are unbelieveable. :p

Mets are on the way up and we will be good in a couple years.

I hate the Mets. They suck.

Go Braves.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You hate the Mets because they suck? <_< How can a Braves fan hate the Mets? All they do is kick our asses at Turner Field. Anyway, enjoy the first round because it will be the only round that you guys see, again. :trout:

:p

Oh, can the Yankees get an out? :laugh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, I hate the Mets, because John Rocker was cool. I also hate the Mets' fans because snipers were needed to protect Rocker, and Chipper's kids.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

John Rocker was cool?? Was what he said in Sports Illustrated cool??? I and many other New Yorkers didn't think so. He screwed himself and now he sucks ass.

I also hate the Mets' fans because snipers were needed to protect Rocker, and Chipper's kids.

Rocker denigrated every ethnic group there is....i'm suprised he didn't have his Klan outfit on when he made the comments. If you say the things that he said and come to the Big Apple there will be problems. I've never heard snipers being needed to protect Chipper's children. That is totally false.

I hate the Mets' fans, because they call Chipper, Larry. Get over it, it makes him play better.

As for Chipper, Mets fans call him Larry because that's his name...wtf...who calls a grown man Chipper?

I hate Shea, because it's purple...purple is gay, baseball isn't supposed to be gay.

Shea is not purple, it's blue. Get your eyes checked. We are getting a new ballpark in 2009.

I hate Mets' fan, because they are jealous of the Braves NL EAST DOMINATION. Get over it.  The Braves are a better team. You wish you would actually make it to the playoffs. But it won't happen, so get over it.

And yes the Braves dominate the NL East, but when the postseason comes around they are the biggest chokers ever. 14 consecutive postseason bearths, 1 championship. :cain:

And yes the Yankees can get an out. At least they don't suck...but the Mets sure do suck hard. K, have a nice day. Mets' fans...seesh

This was a sarcastic comment (directed toward Original Sin) refering to their September 27 game against the Orioles, where they lost 17-9 and used about 9 relief pitchers.

I'm not a Yankee hater...I have nothing but respect for the way they play the game.

BlueEyedBaby = :trout:

Oh, can the Yankees get an out?  :laugh:

oh um is that the sound of a lowly mets fan with no chance of seeing the postseason? oh yes, thought so. i'll let your comment slide as i feel nothing but pity for you :p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Lowly Mets fan" :laugh: :laugh: You Yankee front-runners are unbelieveable. :p

Mets are on the way up and we will be good in a couple years.

:p

actually i agree with you, i felt the mets were about one year off from having a complete playoff ready team, so i'm banking on next year or the year after they'll make it.

ohhh, i never got to ask you...how do you like the subway commercials with willie randolph and joe torre? i think those are so awesome!!

"why isnt mine fresh toasted"

"you didnt ask for it"

"well what did you think this meant?" [motions hand]

"idk we dont use that sign across town"

:rofl:

i love it!!!!!

as you can see, i'm easily amused :laugh: :|

yankees won today...

and the red sox got owned 14-2 (by a team NOT known for its offense) :evil:

*sigh* i just hope the angels dont suddenly get a surge tomorrow and beat the shit out of us. i love the angels but i dont want them to beat us again like 2002 :(

well the chisox not being a good team is actually debateable. for the first half of the season they were literally unstoppable and on pace to shatter the single season wins record (which is currently 116, held by the 2001 seattle mariners). but second half they completely shat and came very close to completely blowing the division. lucky for them the indians suffered a complete collapse in the last 9 games or the white sox would be sitting at home watching the post season on fox. however, the white sox are still a very good team...one could argue that their failures in the 2nd half merely *corrected* for their overachievement in the first half. they're not an offensive team...they rely on defense and pitching, which is historically known to be THE deciding factor that wins world championships (the saying goes good pitching always beats good hitting). the red sox and yankees have shitty pitching (red sox unbelievably have shittier pitching than the yankees), but great offenses. the angels play the running game ... big time ... and they have good pitching, including an amazing bullpen that shits on ours since we have mariano rivera, the greatest closer of all time...and well...that's it :rofl:

unfortunately, mo's ERA against the angels is apparently higher than it is against any other team...including the red sox, whom he's blown more saves against than any other team :|

um...so yeah...way more information than you cared to know :whistle:

no, thanks for letting me know....only reason i figured the white sox aint a good team because earlier this year when i asked you about the white sox you said dont worry about them. i realized what kinds of teams the yankees and angels are cuz they said today on fox :p

um yeah, i think i actually posted a pic i stole off the mlb website :laugh:

National League:

Atlanta Braves vs. Houston Astros

St. Louis Cardinals vs. San Diego Padres

general format:

team with the best record in the league faces the wild card, unless the WC is in their division...then they face the team with the lowest record.

winner of each division series faces off in the pennant, formally known as the league championship series...and then the winner of each goes to the World Series.

not sure if that was the question though...

ah ok

so yeah...there are 4 division series in all

2 ALDS

2 NLDS

then 2 league championship series

ALCS

NLCS

then world series

so three rounds, 8 teams total ...

this aint like basketball where if you dont get into the playoffs you really sucked ass that year :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

:whistle:

okie dokie....thanks for the info, i understand how basketball, football and hockey works...just not baseball....actually my baseball info is good...only reason i dont watch it much is because i have to explain it to my grandpa but he remembers the yankees as the team that always wins and he remembered the angels won the world series and the red sox won too

the only reason you dont watch it much is because it's boring as hell. you can say it, its ok :laugh:

even i think it can be pretty boring...plus its really complicated when you get right down to it. i can turn on a pistons game and figure out whats going on pretty much as soon as i see the score...baseball there's all this shit you gotta know...are there people on base, what team is up at bat, yada yada :|