Bellazon

If you could choose to have models over actors in your magazine

sinstinker

Extremely long, un-thoughtout, massively-biased rant on previous page

1. So you laud designers, yet it's boring for a celebrity to be asked what designer they're wearing on the red carpet?

2. You support models because they do causes (and I only know of one), yet the celebrity example you're sick of -- Angeline Jolie -- is one of the most famous celebrity activists on the planet?

3. You tell me a Russian model sold fruit as a kid and somehow that means no celebrity ever struggled in their past because Scarlett Johansson didn't?

4. You call celebrities wannabe models when there are more and more models trying to gain publicity by getting in movies and hosting TV shows to gain a celebrity status?

5. You say celebrities want to look like models when the celebrities don't need to because they can get fashion campaigns without actually needing to? (And some models are just plain ugly *see Strawberry Bigmac's post above*)

6. You imply models' lives are exciting because they travel the world when (supposedly dull) actors and celebrities obviously do that too?

7. You say models are so rare and gifted, yet the industry can bring them in by the dozens?

8. You challenge the magazine industry from an internet forum? :rofl:

That was a long rant you gave me, but did you think about what you were saying in it? Clearly you didn't. And I have one last point: I never said models' lives are dull. :rofl: I only said the interviews were, and that it would be more interesting for the public to hear about making a big movie than walking a runway the average Joe didn't watch and the clothes of which they'll never buy.

So please think next time! Got it? Think, then post!

What you just said actually proves a point. You said that the models would be dull but you are comparing them to celebrities right now and their lives are pretty much the same. :trout:

thank you xanessa, what you just wrote mbinebri equates models along the lines of celebrities, yet magazines still use the celebrity over the model, there are plenty of magazines where I can read about a celebrity , I do not need to in FASHION, and there are plenty of models who do causes just a couple of months ago they had irina L, alex W, carmen kass brought buissness to estonia by starting a modeling agency, helena christensen world hunger, ahh lets see the heart truth campaign where many models and celebs did the runway, gisele bundchen working within south american indians, so yes you completely compared models to actors and showed they were similiar if not the same , but you deem a movie more important to talk about in a FASHION MAGAZINE, FASHION, a magazine that is supposed to be about beauty, designers clothing, cosmetics, let me say again FASHION, where a celeb can talk about there interesting life in premiere, star, movie line, empire mag, Us , people, intouch, so you put down the people who you say

I only said the interviews were, and that it would be more interesting for the public to hear about making a big movie than walking a runway the average Joe didn't watch and the clothes of which they'll never buy.

so now you put down not only me but the people who regardless if they do not buy the designer clothes do watch the shows, I say you can find on most any models site pictures of them on the runway, some even use progams so you can view the show oh yeah and why is there fashion tv and WFT, , so all of us here who spend time posting pictures and videos are average joes :whistle:

and my comment wich took out of place is that models comeing in by the dozens, is that a model is soley judged mainly on her look, if she has a great attitude and energy about her it helps, but they have a new girl and for the men and new guy rite behind them ready to take there place, and measure the acting span of say angelie jolie, meryl streep, kim basinger, there careers last longer than most models, so excuse me if I support the models who this year maybe the new thing and by next year another girl, beauty can not be measured, but the criteria for a model is like an athlete you have to be within a certain height, weight, where in celeb land you can have kathy bates, gena rowlands and and the guys mel gibson , jack nicholson, so sorry I am not a bleeding heart for celebs in my fashion magazines, when you put back suzy parker in a meisel ed maybe I'll change my mind

and my comment of haveing to covers to see who will sell, was for the purpose of just saying it and let myself be heard, and if you love celebs so much what are you doing here :ninja:

if you love celebs so much what are you doing here :ninja:

Britney Spears should give you a nobel prize for that :yes:

what about paris :wave:

a great movie to watch , to get the feeling when celebrity started to cross over in fashion is the movie catwalk, model lovers its great, christy turlington, naomi, but there is one moment and a very young helena christensen is getting ready for valentino show, and watch her comment about sharon stone, she ended the show that season, but helena speaks quite frankly how she feels about sharon doing the show, maybe that will be my next project at a fashion week, for the models that have a moment how they feel about celebs taking there place on covers, clothing and cosmetic campaigns :wave:

models...models models models models :laugh: Celebrities should be in tabloids, models in fashion magazines, I mean, c´mon people, it´s their job :) but I know mags with celebs always sell good...especially when there´s like "Pirates mania", a fashion mag with Keira on cover will sell the best...it´s bad, bad... :sigh: if people get more interest in fashion, there will be more models on fashion mags I think...but there is also a slight sight of a good times for models comming - nowadays I see more models on covers, not celebs :) it´s cool!! They might not be so curvy, but they´ve got a face for it - something that actresses have only in a shy, thin imitation. I mean, celebs are supposed to be themselves, but models are suppose to represent what that curent magazine is actually about. You can never get this from celeb on the cover :ninja: Angelina can be the most beautiful woman in the whole world, still she shows no mood of the recent mag, but her ownself. I mean, look at this example:

ellecoverjuly2005lq7.jpgpost-3761-0-1445988984-2829_thumb.jpg

post-3761-0-1445988984-37664_thumb.jpgpost-3761-0-1445988984-41426_thumb.jpg

http://www.vogue.co.uk/CoverArchive/

see what I mean? (save Keira, she´s really close to a model-look I think :idk: )

Jennka! :shock: You posted four covers and none of them have Gisele on it! :chicken:

This is a milestone in BZ history so momentous that I'm actually going to refrain from arguing in this thread further (at least for the moment), which means sparing you the absurd comment on actresses' faces being only "thin imitations" of models'. :ninja:

And I appreciate that, because it means I don't have to kill more of my brain cells explaining to sinstinker incredibly obvious things like: you can be here to appreciate more than just models, or what a run-on sentence is. :rofl:

Jennka! :shock: You posted four covers and none of them have Gisele on it! :chicken:

This is a milestone in BZ history so momentous that I'm actually going to refrain from arguing in this thread further (at least for the moment), which means sparing you the absurd comment on actresses' faces being only "thin imitations" of models'. :ninja:

And I appreciate that, because it means I don't have to kill more of my brain cells explaining to sinstinker incredibly obvious things like: you can be here to appreciate more than just models, or what a run-on sentence is. :rofl:

I feel so ashamed...no Gisele....I feel so dirty!!! :ninja: but as long as it makes you quiet, I think I can handle it :laugh: love ya :D :D :D appreciate more than models?? I can´t appreciate nothing on actresses save themselves...I mean, there´s no deep about them. They´re just...them. Nothing more. They´re too famous to be something more, they´re too popular to represent something different then just themselves..you know what I mean? No...I don´t think so :laugh: Models are faces that represents something more...while actresses represent only themselves. You look at Lindsay cover and the only thing I can think about is: Oh, Lindsay. That little ****---- ehm. :ninja: but when I see a model, it´s like "oh, she´s so beautiful. Who is she?" or "Whow, there´s summer out there finally!!!" There´s just much more to think about :) for me... ;) I honestly think that actresses can never be so versatile as models can...although they can act.... :)

I know this upsets you, but pointing out my style of writing is not the issue... I obviously get my point across....and so now twice you demean me...if that is your way of swaying peoples thoughts on this subject over the way I write, my reason for starting this thread is because I love models and I believe they should have there place or domain in fashion magazines...yes you can appreciate actors and models but the discussion was about who would you like to see on your covers in your fashion magazines....so now I am an average joe and you imply I am not intelligent by pointing out my writing style....and you wont have to waste brain cells, thank you mbinebri for showing me what kind of person you are.

Models on the cover of Fashion Magazines & Celebs in celeb magaiznes.. Of course there can be once in a while celeb on the cover of Fashion magazine if she's like a Style Icon & beuatiful etc..

But God I want Daria to have the Vogue cover by herself like Natalia :woot: I was dreaming both to get it & now Daria is left :heart:

I know this upsets you, but pointing out my style of writing is not the issue... I obviously get my point across....and so now twice you demean me...if that is your way of swaying peoples thoughts on this subject over the way I write, my reason for starting this thread is because I love models and I believe they should have there place or domain in fashion magazines...yes you can appreciate actors and models but the discussion was about who would you like to see on your covers in your fashion magazines....so now I am an average joe and you imply I am not intelligent by pointing out my writing style....and you wont have to waste brain cells, thank you mbinebri for showing me what kind of person you are.

He's 5'10, 170 pounds and his measurements are 33-23-34. He loves reading poems in his free time and playing with the children. He's a heroic character of Bellazonia. He also likes to dress in pink and gives hugs to little boys.

*runs like never run before*

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: oh Heather, if I could I would give ya a tons of *high5!!!!* :laugh:

Mbinebri is a good man, pure heart, brave, likes crosswords and appreciates intimacy. He drives BMW M-5, but all in one, he´s just an orange county boy ;) :D (we used to drive together, me, my mercedes, his bmw, him and HK MP5, a beautiful rides full of adventures....death was walkin with us, and so was the law... :laugh: )

He's 5'10, 170 pounds and his measurements are 33-23-34. He loves reading poems in his free time and playing with the children. He's a heroic character of Bellazonia. He also likes to dress in pink and gives hugs to little boys.

*runs like never run before*

Just remember, the earth is round, so no matter how far you run, you'll be coming back to me eventually. :ninja:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: oh Heather, if I could I would give ya a tons of *high5!!!!* :laugh:

Mbinebri is a good man, pure heart, brave, likes crosswords and appreciates intimacy. He drives BMW M-5, but all in one, he´s just an orange county boy ;) :D (we used to drive together, me, my mercedes, his bmw, him and HK MP5, a beautiful rides full of adventures....death was walkin with us, and so was the law... :laugh: )

Now if I ever sign up for an online dating service, I know what to put as my general statement. Thanks, Jennka! :clap:

Now if I ever sign up for an online dating service, I know what to put as my general statement. Thanks, Jennka! :clap:

If you ever sign up for an online dating service with general statement like THAT, I would be the first one to write you :drool: :laugh: