Bellazon

The Race Thread?

Strawberry BigMac

Asians are getting some recognitions

Blacks have some recognition as well but not enough, there is only Chanel Iman who is seen as the it black girl. There is also Jessica White, but not so much. There are others but not enough as how they should be.

Indians, hmm, they are beautiful but sadly only Ujjwala Raut has achieved some fame with her modeling career. There needs to be more recognitions for Indian models.

I agree with you Strawberry Big Mac that it has become harder now than ever for a colored girl to make it big in the fashion business. 3-4 years ago you had great diversity with Liya, Ujjwala, Yasmin Warsame, Tyra, Oluchi, but its dwindling now, which is strange because you would think the opposite would happen.

Well it is a lot about trends...I mean the trend for awhile has been Easter European now has it not (although its taking a back seat to Candadians, and Americans now im not complaining either becasue Hilary is gorgeous :wub: :p :laugh:)? And even in the Supers days...it was hard when there was no trends at all....I mean you had (Canada, USA, Czech, French, Britian, etc. dominating)...I mean its harder more so then when Liya, Ujjwala, Yasmin Warsame, Tyra, Oluchi, were modeling full time because the exotic Braslian look has gone and left. Just my two cents. :p

:| not generally tall or skinny? <_<

and goodbye NFD :wave: ...strawberry big mac will tear you to shreads because of that last comment.

hahahahaha funny!

im not gonna go there.... white devil *cough cough* <_<

if you look at the total population of the world....white is truly the minority vs. indian, asian, black and latin put together by like 10 fold. and eventhough white people are generaly taller their is lots of tall indians and black girls so it seems very strange to me. It's so wierd that they have like a token of each race in a show like it's supposed to stop people from asking questions.

i find it much more evident at italian fashion week :idk:

Really? Italian Fashion week? Do you mean they tend to have more models of different races in Italian fashion week...or less? Because HC week is the worst. Mr. Elie Saab is the only one that features promanitly asians and black models...but Dior and Valentino? I think its Chanel only present at those.

huh?

i find it so grosse how their is such a "europeanization" of "beauty". and even on this website its so obvious none of the girls have any length to their threads.....and no one has any "ethnic" looking girls in their sigs or top ten. I feel like were still living in the 50's or something. It's so dangerous because women aspire to look more white and cookie cutter blonde.

i dont even know why im so pissed/preachy over this..... i mean i am from eastern europe and its very obvious but still i dont want everyone to look the same :idk: it really pisses me off.

Thats why this world is a sick and sad place...

Hmmm...about race...honestly I have to say...even in my (asian) Country...I don't see asian models AT ALL on runways...only sometimes there'll be 1 chinese or 2?...but mostly are white or eurasian...its kinda sad...cuz though its an asian country...eurasian and whites get more chance to be a model here...and not the ethnic looking girls...

But I still kinda have to agree with NFD's comment, though its abit too much...I don't know about black...but for asians...yea...we aren't that tall...even if there are tall ones...its only a few...the tallest girl in my class is 5'6...the tallest girl in the skool is about 5'7...

Really? Italian Fashion week? Do you mean they tend to have more models of different races in Italian fashion week...or less? Because HC week is the worst. Mr. Elie Saab is the only one that features promanitly asians and black models...but Dior and Valentino? I think its Chanel only present at those.

yeah the Milan Fashion week is the absolute worst when it comes to showcasing models of other ethnicities, dont know the reason behind that though.

NY and Paris somewhat are better, maybe because the locations themselves are more multicultural? There are people of all different ethnicities in NY and France has a large population of African Americans.

:| not generally tall or skinny? <_<

and goodbye NFD :wave: ...strawberry big mac will tear you to shreads because of that last comment.

What is wrong with what I said? From what I have seen black people are usually more toned and asians are usually shorter. It doesn't bother me just like it doesn't bother me when a lot of sprinters are black.

If we see every race as equal why should it bother us that some aren't as prominent in the fashion industry?

The day we have ethnic quotas in things such as fashion will be a sad one!

Considering the 2 largest consumers of fashion are most likely North America and Europe, is it any wonder the majority of models are white?

A lot have said it's because fashion is run by mainly white males. Do you think if it were run by blacks or asians white models would be the majority? No, blacks and asians would be.

NFD, I kinda like your comment, agree especially about that sprinters ;) however, I honestly think there are more and more "non-white" models nowadays, and so...I see everyone´s reasons here, but still I don´t think there is so much to be worrying about :idk: Fashion keeps changing everyday, actually it NEEDS to keep changing.... just needs time, that´s all :idk:

the indsutry and the fact that they dont promote "ehtnic minorites" in ad or runways. Its rare to see them. When is the last time you saw one in an ad for versace?.....not since the 80's. Fendi never, gucci never, hermes like never. They used ujwala raut for YSl like a long time ago but she does not look very indian they also used a asian girl in the pantene ads but she was so white looking and aibrushed mind you they even airbrush doutzen to look more "euro"....what about prada...i dont think i've ever seen one in a prada ad. ....maybe once.

DOnt you think its kind of wierd that being an ethnic minority our selves we are the ones most often represented as beautiful? Naomi and Tyra were pretty much the only girls that were represented for "minorities"....and their hasnt been any big names since.....selita doesnt even count she is so whitebread and they just use her as the one token black girl for the angels.

I like Selita, I think she´s got her place there right :idk: She´s beautiful, her face is naturally very pretty and she´s got appeal to the crowd, and can actually talk :idk:

but I see your point...and can´t get any answer :no: