Bellazon

The Race Thread?

Strawberry BigMac

I think people will soon get bored and tired of seeing white girls everywhere....and if someone wants something special, they have to use other ethnic you know... :) I think we need some BIG personality out there...someone like Naomi again!!

Dont you think its kind of wierd that being an ethnic minority our selves we are the ones most often represented as beautiful?

It's not weird at all: most of the world fashion capitals -- New York, Paris, Milan, etc. -- are located in countries where whites are not the ethnic minority. So it makes sense that whites are more represented, although I do agree that other ethnicities in fashion are under-represented.

• 2 months later...

Its simple..

its not racism..but its a general concept..that to display your clothes you need a tall frame..most of the asian and indian models are short. They cant really make it to the league..if you bring down your criteria of tallness then may be asians and indians would get a chance..

Its simple..

its not racism..but its a general concept..that to display your clothes you need a tall frame..most of the asian and indian models are short. They cant really make it to the league..if you bring down your criteria of tallness then may be asians and indians would get a chance..

First of all, welcome :fun: :wave: :fun: "I'm Joe."

The statement was made regarding Asians and blacks, not Asians and Indians. I remember because my original response is gone. However, black girls aren't any shorter than white girls. IMO, the issue isn't as much what the powers that be can find or how easily they can find it, but what they want. For example, if the issue was the convenient availability of features, the recent acceptance of full lips in the fashion industry would have caused agencies to hire more black girls. On the contrary, they stay with the same tolkein approach that was in place before and the trend has caused white girls with naturally full lips or injections to become more popular instead. If white girls were shorter than Asians, then white owned agencies would have either A) deamed shortness as being more valuable or B) just put more effort into finding tall white girls.

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...

well its 2009 now and im glad to say there are more races on our runways :D

black girls like jourdan, sessilee, chanel and arlenis ...

asian girls liu wen, han hye-jin, daul kim, tao okamoto...

and lakshmi from india :flower: