Bellazon

How famous are models from your country in your country/what models are famous in your country?

ninanina19

supermodels are celebrities.

i know that adri is pretty famous in italy she used to be all over the city on billboards, bus stops, tv, magazines cause of her Tim mobile campaign.

Celebrities...half true.

Adriana Lima is a supermodel,

but in Brazil, no one knows her.

She is more famous in Italy and U.S than in her own country.

In France (Paris especially) the fashion industrie is big, so I think more models are known ? In New York it is different. Models on American ads looks different from French. Makeup, clothes - some ads are shared from country at country, but French is different. In France I think models are being more easy to recognise, because makeup is less concealing from the American. I know mes copains in Paris know that Louis Prades is and Gemma Ward and Jeremy Dufour, and everyone knows famous models like Moss and etc. Just for the very obscure model, in any countries, you have to be ineterested in that to know them.

((My english is bad at nights, but I am OK in the days, d�sol�))

i'm French too and i'd say that beside Laetitia Casta, Adriana Karembeu and Estelle Lef

One of my best friends mentionned Petra Nemcova the other day... and she felt she had to add "she's a swimsuit model, you know ?" and i was like "i know who petra nemcova is, i've known it for a few years now and i even know i despise her" she was kinda surprised... my model addiction is a secret one :shifty:

On a side note, i really doubt you don't know how to say in English what you say in French in your sentences, and since a lot of people here don't speak French i think that would be nice to make the effort to write only in English :flower:

I am always doing that ! Sorry. :blush: It come from habit, I think ? No excuse, really. I am better speaking English, because that I use a translator for most of the writing, but when writing my own put French in my phrases. I will try to write only in English. :whistle:

And I am always say to my mom (almost put reum, :blush:) who is this model and that. Like Gemma Ward. We see her all of the time in shopping malls.

hahaha no big deal, i understand it so i don't really care, although i prefer when someone either speak french or english, i'm not a fan of mixes.... but anyways if you're in the US right now you should stick to just English :p

No one knows I'm obsessed with models here. No one here likes me enough to care :\ .

i don't talk about it because i know some of my friends would be like "models ? what do they do beside being pretty ? and even then it's arguable..." so i just enjoy visiting BZ and tFS when i'm home alone :hehe:

I agree it´s quite understandable :) :D And I´m luckz to have a best friend (Ketka) as obssesed as I am :D so we join togehter in this likeness :D and mz friend is a model too (or at least she´s trying to be one) so shw quite understands it...but not much people do.

In France (Paris especially) the fashion industrie is big, so I think more models are known ? In New York it is different. Models on American ads looks different from French. Makeup, clothes - some ads are shared from country at country, but French is different. In France I think models are being more easy to recognise, because makeup is less concealing from the American. I know mes copains in Paris know that Louis Prades is and Gemma Ward and Jeremy Dufour, and everyone knows famous models like Moss and etc. Just for the very obscure model, in any countries, you have to be ineterested in that to know them.

((My english is bad at nights, but I am OK in the days, d�sol�))

i'm French too and i'd say that beside Laetitia Casta, Adriana Karembeu and Estelle Lefébure no other model is known to the great public

yes you're right! but you forget Ines de la fressange, Julie de gouy, Fillipa Hamilton and Morgane dubled, and aurelie claudel!