Bellazon

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Cult Icon

Lots of new pictures from the set just landed...

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice/36026/batman-v-superman-lots-of-new-pictures-land

Jesse Eisenberg appears to be playing Spencer Reid from 'Criminal Minds' in his shot, although they've already released a picture of him sporting a closely shaved head. I assume we'll just have to see what happens.

• 3 weeks later...

This batman vs. superman conflict thing...was in the comics?

I only know of one moment in "the Dark Knight Returns" (Miller) but this was superman seeking batman.

The Ben Affleck brooding that they are making him do makes him look ridiculously out of character- I keep on thinking of his prior movies.

I am not hyped yet for this movie.  I think that if it's done right, it'll end up being just a decent movie like Man of Steel.  Otherwise it could be kind of a mess with some interesting CG stuff.  The cast, outside of superman is not showing promise.

Speaking of Batman related media, the "Batman Arkham Knight" game story/setting was very enjoyable to watch on youtube. It was accurate to the source material and showed lots of creativity.

This Batman is based upon that comic. Though from what I know (and believe) they changed it around for Batman to go after Superman due to the events of Man of Steel. Apparently someone employed by Bruce Wayne was killed due to Superman and Zod. Lex could possibly play a role in Batman going after Superman. 

In regards to that picture of Lex with hair, it feels like that's a nod towards Gene Hackman's Lex when he was wearing that awful wig. Or Lex, as rich as he is, just has crappy looking wigs? 

Thanks, did they explain more as to why Batman is so angry at Superman or what 'threats' Superman poses inadvertently or inadvertently?  Batman being angry at Superman inflicting collateral damage while saving the world seems out of character.....

It's been a while since I saw the trailer now but I think some people view Superman as a 'God' because of what he did and his powers, some people will fear him because he's unknown while others don't believe he's a 'God' at all. I think Batman may be interested in Superman because he doesn't know him, he doesn't know if he truly is the good guy. Batman and Superman, in the comics, have such a good friendship that Superman trusts Batman to take him out if he ever goes rogue - so maybe that's why Batman is after him, he doesn't trust him?

This movie looks amazing. Red Son is Henry's favourite Superman comic. At Comic Con the director also mentioned The Dark Knight Returns saying they took some inspiration from the comic but they are doing their own thing - there is a reference to the comic cover in one scene of the trailer.

I like Irons as Alfred, he isn't Michael Caine but from what I've seen he isn't too bad. Yet again, Bruce needs to listen to his advice. I hated the casting of Jesse as Lex but I actually don't mind him from what I've seen in the trailer. I'm sure there will be another trailer coming later in the year or early next year which may reveal some more or at least give some more dialogue to characters. 

Hah, interesting.  Red Son stood out because of the twists and fresh new take on the universe.   I remember Superman:Birthright being also good.  "there is a reference to the comic cover in one scene of the trailer."  Where is it? 2:54?  In Watchman, the director often copied scenes and imagery nearly verbatim from the comics which was quite interesting (if one read the story before watching the film) but when translated to live action came across as plastic/ a bit awkward.

Jeremy Irons is a great actor however I can't see him a servant/wisdom giver yet.  I keep thinking of him from his roles as leaders.   I am definitely getting the Watchmen type of vibe with this trailer.

Brightness, scope and magnitude. That's more like it! :clap:

It’s an impressive trailer, both visually and in terms of length. The plot could still turn out to be a mess (it already feels crammed and we haven't even met Aquaman or Flash yet), but my fears about the film's aesthetics have certainly been eased. I'm almost certain that the brief shot of Robin's costume covered in bright green scrawl was a reference to Jason Todd, so I'm guessing they're going to adapt some of the content from 'A Death in the Family' too, if not now then probably later when Batfleck gets his own standalone movie.

The casting of Jeremy Irons was overshadowed by that of Jesse Eisenberg at the time, although I must say, it left me just as bemused. Irons is a good enough actor to make pretty much anything work, but he wouldn't have been foremost in my thoughts to play a father figure helping an emotionally scarred boy stay on an even keel. Incidentally, I dare say even Kenny from 'South Park' has had fewer onscreen deaths than the Wayne family at this point. :pinch:

I did some research on batman and it seems that the 'Death in the Family/'Red Hood' trope is a popular cannon in its media.

I kind of see what you are going there: building collapses, Batman loses his love,  Jason Todd/Robin...

It’s an impressive trailer, both visually and in terms of length. The plot could still turn out to be a mess (it already feels crammed and we haven't even met Aquaman or Flash yet), but my fears about the film's aesthetics have certainly been eased. I'm almost certain that the brief shot of Robin's costume covered in bright green scrawl was a reference to Jason Todd, so I'm guessing they're going to adapt some of the content from 'A Death in the Family' too, if not now then probably later when Batfleck gets his own standalone movie.

Alex23 here has commented that Ben Affleck has a giant head.  Yeah, he does and it makes him look awkward when wearing a batsuit...;)

Empire Magazine, Sept 2015

post-40981-0-1446063637-68429_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
On 05/08/2015 at 4:33 AM, Cult Icon said:

Affleck's fat head is reflected in the new design of the batman mask.. He is also wearing a muscle suit :-D

What I would say about the suit is that, even though they've sacrificed the stealth element in doing it, it's the right time for an overhaul of the aesthetics. Batman has, of course, worn nothing but black since the Tim Burton movies and I think this will be a nice change of pace.

On 05/09/2015 at 6:08 PM, schadenfreude said:

how is this supposed to work? Superman's heat vision will cut through the thickest steel, rendering the Batsuit useless. The fight will be over before it even began.

When they have writers capable of reaching beyond the common and somewhat childish 'Batman cool, Superman dumb' mentality, stories of the pair going toe-to-toe can be really intriguing. Naturally though, in most situations it should end the same way - Batman eventually exhausts his bag of tricks, Superman proves his superiority without being a jerk about it.