Bellazon

Doutzen Kroes
Thumbnail

azkid

^ She looks so pretty in that pic Laura, her smile :heart: Thanks for uploading!

On the whole ageing thing, everyone's going to age at some point. Even Behati and Candice have lines around their eyes too, no biggie. Sometimes those lines appear if someone smiles a lot so it could just mean that they must be feeling good if they have lots to smile about :laugh:

Then again something that made me laugh one time was someone was saying how Dutch people age kinda quickly (using football players Robin VP, with the start of grey hairs, and Robben, who needs no explanation, as an example) 

Then again something that made me laugh one time was someone was saying how Dutch people age kinda quickly (using football players Robin VP, with the start of grey hairs, and Robben, who needs no explanation, as an example)

I would still hit that

post-85233-0-1446078444-4756_thumb.jpg post-85233-0-1446078444-5016_thumb.jpg

post-85233-0-1446078444-51778_thumb.jpg post-85233-0-1446078444-53928_thumb.jpg post-85233-0-1446078444-55047_thumb.jpg post-85233-0-1446078444-63129_thumb.jpg post-85233-0-1446078444-64616_thumb.jpg post-85233-0-1446078444-67936_thumb.jpg

Supermodel Beauty Tips From Doutzen Kroes

That model Doutzen Kroes sits in hair and makeup for over an hour before a red carpet event seems unnecessary, if not a little ridiculous. When I arrive at her hotel room at the Beverly Hills Four Seasons to interview her before ELLE's Women in Hollywood event, she's barefaced and practically glowing, wrapped up in a white bathrobe while scrolling through Instagram. Up close and sans makeup, she's unnervingly beautiful.

I had the self-esteem shattering pleasure of chatting with Calvin Klein's latest poster girl (she's the face of the brand's new scent, Reveal) while she prepped for the night's event. Good thing this Dutch model and mother of two (she just had her second child, daughter Myllena Mae, in late July) is so damn nice. The supermodel happily divulged beauty tips (Is there really a right way to apply perfume?), her go-to relaxed fashion look, and opened up about the backlash she felt after snapping back into shape post-baby so quickly.

Is there a right way to apply perfume?

I don’t know the rules of putting it on, but I always just spray a little bit here [points to a pulse point on her wrist] and then do like that [touches her wrists together]. I put some on my hair.

Do you do the thing where you spray and walk into it? Or is that a faux pas?

Oh yeah, I do that. Hold your breath and walk through.

Perfumers always have very specific ways of describing fragrances, noting things like 'top notes' and 'base notes.' How would you actually describe the scent of Reveal?

I think it’s a very natural scent, and it’s that hint of salt that makes it seem like it’s like almost like a like a body smell, you know? I think that's what makes it so special.

What are you wearing tonight?

It’s a beautiful white Calvin Klein Collection dress. It’s very comfortable, almost like a sweater dress.

When you're on the couch instead of the red carpet, what do you wear?

Sweatpants, T-shirt, and barefoot. I’m always barefoot. Or I have those, what do you call them? Uggs? I don't leave the house in those. But they are very comfy.

You just had another baby—congrats! As a model, do you feel a particular kind of pressure to get your body back into shape after giving birth?

It’s such a plus that I have that in my job—you know, most moms, they have the baby, they go back to work and to their regular job—but I get to have hair and makeup, and I get to feel pretty again. I get to have a makeover.

When did you go back to work after having your daughter?

Five weeks.

That's so soon!

It was a red carpet event for Calvin Klein, for Reveal. It was when we had the global launch in New York and I took her with me from Holland. We came to New York, and did it. It was in and out basically. It was really hard, but, I mean, there was no other person that could do it. I’m the face of the campaign, so what are you gonna do? When I signed the contract it was part of the deal to be back, and I told myself not to feel the pressure because I wanted to enjoy my pregnancy. I also had a good experience with my first child—I knew that my body could come back into shape. And then I told myself, if I’m not going to be back in shape, I’m not going to be, and I'm not going to stress about it.

It must be hard not to.

It’s true. There are a lot of things in the media that put a lot of pressure on women to get back into shape, but I’ve worked out my whole life, and it’s something that I think is muscle memory. My lifestyle’s been always like on a bike and doing sports, so I think that has something to do with it as well. And it's genetics from my mom.

Can you speak more about that pressure?

I think a lot of other women feel that pressure. And it's almost like people get upset with me if I put a picture out there and I’m already in shape. There are all these stories that after you have a baby [your body] is never the same, but that's not always the case. And I've worked hard for it my whole life. As a model, I work out so much.

elle.com

She is really honest. But don't know what she means with

'I knew that my body could come back into shape. And then I told myself, if I’m not going to be back in shape, I’m not going to be, and I'm not going to stress about it'. She means she decided that if she wouldn't be back in shape that would be fine as well?

Totally agree about getting back in shape, that it wasn't a problem for her. She was already in shape before pregnacy, watched her diet, always exercised. 

She is really honest. But don't know what she means with

'I knew that my body could come back into shape. And then I told myself, if I’m not going to be back in shape, I’m not going to be, and I'm not going to stress about it'. She means she decided that if she wouldn't be back in shape that would be fine as well?

Totally agree about getting back in shape, that it wasn't a problem for her. She was already in shape before pregnacy, watched her diet, always exercised. 

Exactly

Jerome is a photographer for VS isn't he? But he is also a personal friend of the angels, or is it just work? A while ago there were some photo's on Instagram he made when Doutzen was pregnant and hanging out wit Adriana and Candice. I guess that is work, right.