Bellazon

American Horror Story

Prettyphile

^ Really?  I personally didn't like it at all :(

First off Jessica's character was so meek and mousy quiet that I had a hard time hearing her speak over the background music they played in every bloody scene she was in. We get it.. it's the 50's, no need to keep reminding us with your music.

Secondly I felt like Jessica Lange only wanted to do the show this one last time so she can could have character that was all "me me me". At certain points of the episode I found myself thinking "This is the dying request of an old dried up actress who wants to reclaim her former glory and live in the 50's one last time..... she doesn't care about the show, she cares about herself and being the center focus of the entire show... oh and look she's playing another bitch character, how original"

And then don't even get me started on her Lange singing a 70's song . David Bowie classic- Life on Mars that has zero reason to be in a 1950's circus act, but for whatever reason was. Hell even in the season preview we saw Dot singing a 90's song. Fiona Apple - Criminal .... like wtf?

I was bored to death watching the first episode, and for me the only two positives I found were the awesome serial killer clown, and Kathy Bates. :(

I'm going to keep watching because I love the series and pray it gets better.

4/10

I liked it a lot but I do think this has been so far Jessica's weakest performance and while the singing scene was great the song choice was bad and Ryan Murphy confirmed that at some point she will be singing a Lana del Rey song too o.O.

• 3 weeks later...

Neil Patrick Harris, a.k.a. the ubiquitous celeb of 2014, may have turned down a role in the first season of "American Horror Story," but he recently said that he really wanted to be on "Freak Show." Thanks to Ryan Muprhy, Harris' dreams (and ours) have come true.

The "American Horror Story" creator told Entertainment Weekly earlier this month that he's been in talks with the upcoming Oscar host about making a cameo on "Freak Show." According to TVLine, the two have finally made it happen. Harris will appear on the final two episodes of "Freak Show" alongside husband David Burtka. Now our only hope is that Harris will have a musical number of his own.

Harris will add "chameleon salesman" to his acting resume with "AHS: Freak Show" while Burtka will appear in the finale in what TVLine calls "a sexy storyline" with Jessica Lange's Elsa Mars. 

Hmm..hard to imagine.

I'm going to watch the 4th episode tonight. I don't know how I feel about this season yet. The first season was scary for me, the 2nd was sick and creepy, I liked the atmophere of the 3rd. This one is mainly sad. That clown freaks me out as hell. From now I'll be afraid of them.

Couple more episodes into the season now ... IDK how to feel, I'm def not as into this one as with the other three :pinch:

I hope it picks up soon, but I'm not feeling the whole storyline too much, especially Dandy

• 2 months later...

Horror Story Eyes a 'Huge Reinvention' — Will Jessica Lange Be a Part of It?

FX’s fifth American Horror Story will be “very different,” FX Networks CEO John Landgraf told TVLine Sunday at the Television Critics Association winter press tour.

Pressed to reveal the theme to follow Freak Show (which finales on Wednesday), Landgraf deferred, “I know what it is, but I can’t [say]. I have to let [series boss] Ryan [Murphy] do his thing on that. But it’s very different.”

Landgraf went on to say of the franchise, “One of the things I love so much about that is that it can be radically, radically reinvented in terms of tone, setting, period, characters, cast.” And along those lines, “I think there’s going to be an unusually large reinvention in between Book 4 and Book 5 relative to, say, between Book 3 [Coven] and 4 [Freak Show].

The only Season 5 clue Landgraf perhaps let slip was when asked about the show returning to the present day (as it thus far has done with odd-numbered seasons). “That’s my hope, yeah,” he answered.

As for Emmy and Golden Globe winner Jessica Lange being a part of the next cycle — a while ago, she hinted in an interview that Freak Show would be her swan song — Landgraf has no information, explaining, “Ryan is really, really independent in how he makes these shows and what he does. So I know the setting, I know something about the characters and something about the tone and the time period, but I don’t actually know the cast yet.”

The season was just meh and boring tbh, the last three episodes saved it for me tho. I cried so much with Pepper's episode, it was so well done and easily the best episode from the entire season IMO. The last episodes AHS to me, the rest of the season just fell flat. However WTF with the ending scene? o.O really? I didn't like it at all.

I hope Jessica doesn't come back, I'd love for the new season to be all about Kathy, Angela, Sara or of course my beloved Evan, four seasons being all about kissing Jessica's ass is too much already, I adore her but I just didn't click with Elsa Mars at all, I think she needs a break from AHS. I also hope they bring Taissa back because she is great, also Neil Patrick Harris was amazing, I hope they can get him for season five as well as the guy who played Dandy (don't remember his name, sorry) and Lily Rabe.

• 2 weeks later...
American Horror Story Season 5 News: Key Actors Onboard For Next Season

American Horror Story will be seeing some major changes next season. The very possible lack of Jessica Lange is one of them but even so, there will be a few faces who are rumored to be returning next season

Among those who have expressed their willingness to return are Lily Rabe, Michael Chiklis, Kathy Bates, and Angela Basset, according to Breathecast.

Most of these actors have only done one or two previous seasons with the exception of Lily Rabe who, of course, has done all four seasons. Perhaps their willingness to return has a little something to do with the fact that their parts were all a bit smaller so there was a good deal of time for them to do other things and not be worn out by production.

With key actors leaving or at least taking lesser roles in production, this leaves a lot of space for some others to really shine. Basset was intriguing as Desiree Dupree in Freak Show but there wasn't much of her. The same can be said for Michael Chiklis as well who storyline in the last season wasn't as well fleshed out as it could have been.

Casting is completely left up to Ryan Murphy however and he's not spilling on who will be coming back. Without Lange and Sarah Paulson returning however, it would be nice to some of the other fabulous actors start to take center stage.

• 3 weeks later...

American Horror Story: Hotel Revealed as Season 5 Title

American Horror Story: Season 5 now has its official title.
The news was revealed via Twitter that season 5 will be called American Horror Story: Hotel, with the first of 13 episodes to debut in October.

Just days ago, Lady Gaga announced that she would be headlining the season, most likely replacing Jessica Lange who has starred on the series since the show's beginning. Most recently, Lange portrayed Elsa Mars, matriarch of Fraulein Elsa's Cabinet of Curiosities in last season's American Horror Story: Freak Show.

• 2 weeks later...

All I want to know is what episode(s) is Matt Bomer on? :D

You'll get a whole season this time! :p

Matt Bomer will star opposite Lady Gaga in American Horror Story: Hotel, the upcoming fifth installment of FX’s horror anthology series created by Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk. The announcement was just made at the end of AHS‘ PaleyFest panel, in which Jessica Lange, star of the the first four installments, officially confirmed that she is leaving the franchise.

Bomer will play a lead in AHS: Hotel, with details about his character kept under wraps. This marks Bomer’s return to the AHS franchise after a guest starring stint in the most recent Freak Show installment. Bomer has a long history with Murphy – the actor won a Golden Globe and a Critics Choice TV Award for his role in Murphy’s HBO movie The Normal Heart. He also guest starred on Murphy’s Fox series Glee(also co-created by Falchuk) and NBC comedy The New Normal.

This marks Bomer’s first major TV gig since wrapping his six-season starring turn on USA’s White Collar. He will next be seen reprising his role in the Magic Mike sequelMagic Mike XXL. 

• 2 months later...

^ Really?  I personally didn't like it at all :(

First off Jessica's character was so meek and mousy quiet that I had a hard time hearing her speak over the background music they played in every bloody scene she was in. We get it.. it's the 50's, no need to keep reminding us with your music.

Secondly I felt like Jessica Lange only wanted to do the show this one last time so she can could have character that was all "me me me". At certain points of the episode I found myself thinking "This is the dying request of an old dried up actress who wants to reclaim her former glory and live in the 50's one last time..... she doesn't care about the show, she cares about herself and being the center focus of the entire show... oh and look she's playing another bitch character, how original"

And then don't even get me started on her Lange singing a 70's song . David Bowie classic- Life on Mars that has zero reason to be in a 1950's circus act, but for whatever reason was. Hell even in the season preview we saw Dot singing a 90's song. Fiona Apple - Criminal .... like wtf?

I was bored to death watching the first episode, and for me the only two positives I found were the awesome serial killer clown, and Kathy Bates. :(

I'm going to keep watching because I love the series and pray it gets better.

4/10

same thing here. The first episode was epically boring. I am at episode 4 right now and It's becoming better & better and that clown is super creepy and awesome. And Dandy is... is... he got mama issues!

And just for the record, I think the song were meant to be anachronistic. I kind of see it as an homage to "MoulinRouge" by Baz Luhrmann because I really doubt they were singing :heart: nature boy :heart:  in the year 1900 in Paris.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...