Bellazon

American Horror Story

Prettyphile

The spooky project centers on Ben Harmon (Dylan McDermott), a handsome therapist who, along with his wife (Connie Britton) and their kids, move from Boston to a haunted San Francisco home in an attempt to rebuild the family after a miscarriage and affair. Conroy will play their housekeeper, while Breckenridge will play an younger version of the character.

O.o

"American Horror Story", co-created by former "Nip/Tuck" executive producers and current "Glee" co-creators/executive producers Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk, revolves around the Harmons, a family of three who move from Boston to Los Angeles as a means to reconcile past anguish.

The all star cast features Dylan McDermott ("The Practice") as “Ben Harmon,” a psychiatrist; Connie Britton ("Friday Night Lights") as “Vivien Harmon,” Ben’s wife; Taissa Farmiga as “Violet,” the Harmons’ teenage daughter; Jessica Lange (Tootsie, Blue Sky, Grey Gardens) in her first-ever regular series TV role as “Constance,” the Harmons’ neighbor; Evan Peters ("One Tree Hill") plays “Tate Langdon,” one of Ben’s patients; and Denis O’Hare ("The Good Wife") as “Larry Harvey.” Guest stars for the series include Frances Conroy ("Six Feet Under") as the Harmons’ housekeeper; Alexandra Breckenridge ("Dirt") as the Harmons’ housekeeper; and Jamie Brewer as Constance’s daughter.

The show premieres on FX October 5th.

I'm not sure that I know much more about American Horror Story than any of the rest of you, but the imagery has me intrigued. It's fairly creepy with a vibe that kind of evokes Twin Peaks and it would be nice to have a horror-centric drama on the air that wasn't as campy as True Blood.

Morris Chestnut And Sarah Paulson Sign On For "American Horror Story"

Two bits of casting news on "American Horror Story" today.

First up? Sarah Paulson ("Serenity", Martha Marcy May Marlene). She's always been a good actress beset by a lack of exposure and I'm glad that seems to be turning around for her this year. Per E! Online , "A reliable AHS source tells us that Paulson, who also played the nasty governess in Deadwood, is joining the show for a big four-episode arc as a medium named Billie Dean... most of her scenes will be opposite her Broadway buddy Jessica Lange. "

Next up? Morris Chestnut (Boyz N The Hood,, Ladder 49). Per Variety, "Chesnut will play the character of Luke".

"

American Horror Story" TV Spot Shows What The Show Will Actually Look Like

Up until now we've seen some creepy key art and some highly stylized promo reels from "American Horror Story", but not much that gives an indication of the show's actual tone. That changes now with a short TV spot that introduces us to the Harmons as they consider buying their new house.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the first episode: http://www.megavideo.com/?v=7MDMTBQY

I liked the show, my only real issue is the pace they're telling the story. Things seem very rushed and if they keep the same pace for the rest of the season I'm scared this is going to turn into one big soap opera... next season new issue (Desperate Housewives anyone)

• 1 month later...

I'm happy to say my worries are for nothing! American Horror Story is an amazing show, and it may very well be my all time fav now *bumping out the x-files*

The all-too-realistic high school shooting was quiet possibly one of the most scary things I've seen a long time, not because it's "scary" but because of just how realistic it was portrayed. I actually got chills watching it... that never happen for me :chicken: I also liked the take on the Black Dahlia murder. :yes:

Jessica Lange deserves an EMMY for American Horror Story!!! and if she doesn't get that Emmy then there is truly no justice in this world.

Last night's episode of FX's "American Horror Story" was even better than the one before, and so on. Each episode is building towards something potentially epic - and one story told in the episode by Constance's (Jessica Lange) friend ties it all together with the coming of the Antichrist. What has Tate (Evan Peters) been up to?

'American Horror Story' Gets 90-Minute Finale, Extended Second Season!

timthumbphpf.jpg

One of the reasons I've turned more of my attention to the small screen is because the budgets are ballooning and we're getting nearly a new movie every week (being that the big shows run about an hour in length). "American Horror Story" didn't start off well, but it's been building towards an explosion of awesome, which makes me seriously pumped for the full 90-minute long finale. Deadline has the story.

FX's hot new drama series "American Horror Story's" 13-episode first season will be actually 12.5 episodes. The horror drama's first season finale on December 21, which had been slated as two-hour, will now be 90-minutes. The trimming of the finale is a result of "American Horror Story's" very aggressive production schedule which left no breathing room. More details inside.

The project was picked up to pilot in late February. Creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk couldn’t work on the pilot until they wrapped the second season of "Glee," so it didn’t start shooting until late May. In a quick turnaround, FX picked up the pilot to series on July 18, and it was rushed to production 2 weeks later to make the Oct. 5 premiere date.

With the first episode after the pilot doing some reshoots and some of the episodes requiring 8-day shoots vs. the standard 7 because of complex scenes, production on the series is now at a point where Episode 13 would wrap on Dec. 15, leaving no time for post-production to make the Dec. 21 air date. And because of the holidays, it didn’t make sense to push that last episode to Dec. 28 or the new year.

Murphy had been discussing the issue with FX president John Landgraf for the past few weeks. There was an option for the series to drop the 13th episode altogether and air an hourlong finale, but I hear Murphy was able to put together a plan for a 90-minute episode to give viewers a satisfying ending. "American Horror Story" has already been renewed for a second season after a red-hot ratings run, punctuated by another series high this week, and I hear that its second season may be extended beyond 13 episodes.

weqwj.jpg

FX's Record-Breaking 'American Horror Story' Gets Second Season

timthumbphpd.jpg

FX's "American Horror Story" got a nice treat in its Halloween bag -- a second season order of 13 episodes for 2012 from the cabler, reports Variety.

Created by Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk, who exec produce with Dante Di Loreto for Twentieth Century Fox TV, "American Horror Story" has averaged 4.2 million viewers in Live+7 (2.9 million among adults 18-49), putting it on track (with nine episodes remaining this season) to be the most-watched first season of an FX show ever.

Current first-season record-holders for FX are "Nip/Tuck" among adults 18-49 (2.1 million) and 18-32 (1.0 million) and "Justified" in overall viewers (3.4 million).

Connie Britton, Dylan McDermott, Jessica Lange, Taissa Farmiga, Evan Peters and Denis O'Hare star in "Horror Story" along with recurring guests Frances Conroy, Alexandra Breckenridge and Jamie Brewer. The show follows a family of three who move from Boston to Los Angeles as a means of reconciling their past anguish. They move to a restored mansion, unaware that the home is haunted.

• 2 weeks later...