Bellazon

Kate Upton
Thumbnail

allus6ka

UK Vogue June 2014 by Mario Testino
preview

honeycombchild, JoCaderone @tfs

'My biggest fight was trying to get my agents to send me to castings': Vogue cover girl Kate Upton admits her curves have caused challenges during her career

She's gone from little-known model to world-famous bombshell thanks to covering magazines from Sports Illustrated to Vogue.

But Kate Upton has revealed that while she has become known for her hourglass curves, they haven't always helped her in the modelling industry.

Kate made the admission as the cover for the June 2014 issue of Vogue was revealed, showing the 21-year-old in a retro crop top and shorts set.

In the accompanying interview, Kate spoke about how she has become a role model for the 'real woman', saying: 'It's weird that in the press they'll be like, your biggest fight was with the industry and the designers, and I'm like, no, my biggest fight was with my agents, trying to get them to sign me into the castings.

'I thought, how I'm going to come out of this will be an example for girls.'

Inside the magazine, Kate smoulders for yet another Mario Testino shot, this time having swapped the cute ensemble for a sporty bikini top and sunglasses. 

Thanks to her blonde hair and feminine figure, Kate has earned comparisons to iconic actress Marilyn Monroe - a likeness the model-turned-screen star finds more than a little flattering.

She said: 'I always thought Marilyn was so beautiful and iconic, it was amazing to even be mentioned in the same sentence as her. '

Like Kate, Marilyn began her career as a model before moving into the film industry. 

Kate had cameo roles in the films Tower Heist and The Three Stooges, and recently starred alongside Cameron Diaz and Leslie Mann in romcom The Other Woman.

However, Kate added that while she is thrilled to be compared to Marilyn, there are also obvious differences between her and Ms Monroe.

She added: 'I feel like nowadays it's easy to be genuine and show your personality, whereas I don't think Marilyn had that opportunity. And clearly she had a dark side, and I don't have that.'

Entire pic without the crop

post-1004-0-1446079021-20835_thumb.jpg

SwimDaily 01.05.14

Kate Upton: Singing, dancing, cracking us up in the Cook Islands We're calling it: Best Thing on the Internet of the Week

IT’S SLATED to rain here in NYC. It also rained yesterday, and Tuesday and apparently the sky has every intention of keeping it up through Sunday. Seasonal Affective Disorder is a real thing, readers.

Thankfully a known treatment is Kate Upton doing her thing in the Cook Islands, on camera. Kate herself admitted to British Vogue that she doesn’t have a dark side, telling Alexa Chung (who wrote the story):

"I always thought 
Marilyn 
[
Monroe
] was so beautiful and iconic, it was amazing to even be mentioned in the same sentence as her. But I feel like nowadays it’s easy to be genuine and show your personality, whereas I don’t think Marilyn had that opportunity. And clearly she had a dark side, and I don’t have that."

While sorting through some 2014 footage we came across this gold mine of Kate Upton bringing an extra helping of sunshine to the shores of the Cook Islands. How can you not love this woman? I mean, really!

>> http://swimdaily.si.com/2014/05/01/kate-upton-singing-dancing-cracking-us-up-in-the-cook-islands-is-break-the-internet-worthy/