Bellazon

Football

goose

You score three against QPR at home and end up fumbling around for a point, oh the insipid fragility of life! Dear little Timmy tactically outwitted by his old number two, Benteke carrying the rest of the team on his back like sandbags to a flood site, Kieran Richardson so bad that suddenly Stephen Warnock seems like Paul Breitner by comparison. Hell of a game. Oh and welcome back Vlaar, right on cue to look completely disinterested but receive a bunch of ballyhoo about what good news it is that you're back, all from people that haven't seen you play in a year. 

Speaking from a completely self-serving perspective, I was pulling for Villa as a home win would have been a virtual hammer blow to QPR's hopes of catching either of us. A few weeks ago I had 34 down as the target for survival and now it seems there's been something of a surge, but I'm hoping we can ride the wave of renewed optimism for just long enough to scrape what we need. Preferably with time to spare, I don't like the look of our last two games one bit.

Barnstorming game though, and fitting that Benteke was the one who salvaged the point. I'm sure Timbo will be claiming to have given the lad his first team debut soon enough. :laugh:

Tim threw out the turgid possession football Lambert instilled which means Benteke isn't consigned to being a glorified lamppost any more but he's still very much a tactical lightweight and misread what was needed in defence last night (at least one actual full back, sticking to a consistent centre half pairing) irrespective of injuries. I genuinely feared Sandro would score last night and his celebrations would lead to a touchline brawl with his former non-believing bossman so, small mercies and all that. Anyway we're playing North London's resident silver medalists next week, seems like a get smashed to bits or win stoically kind of game.

Another post-derby horror show to add to our ever growing collection. The competitive edge we showed last week was nowhere to be seen today, and we folded like a pack of cards as soon as the first goal went in. I’m not sure there’s another club in world football that can take you from euphoria to despair in such a short space of time, or capitulate in such dreadful fashion so often over the course of a season.

Another post-derby horror show to add to our ever growing collection. The competitive edge we showed last week was nowhere to be seen today, and we folded like a pack of cards as soon as the first goal went in. I’m not sure there’s another club in world football that can take you from euphoria to despair in such a short space of time, or capitulate in such dreadful fashion so often over the course of a season.

Always knew Pardew would bring scintillating football to the North-East!  :banghead:

How can a side with so much going for it be so dull to watch? Credit to Chelsea for winning and being top of the league and all that, but they're every bit as stodgy and conservative as George Graham's Arsenal were back in the day.

How can a side with so much going for it be so dull to watch? Credit to Chelsea for winning and being top of the league and all that, but they're every bit as stodgy and conservative as George Graham's Arsenal were back in the day.

Fitting analogy considering it takes a few grams of cocaine, a bottle of whiskey and a brown envelope filled with cash to enjoy a Moronho master class.