Bellazon

Advertisements

Neo52285

It takes an army…Olivier Rousteing knows that. For Spring ’15, the Balmain creative director has recruited Adriana Lima, Joan Smalls, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Isabeli Fontana, and Crista Cober. Shot by Mario Sorrenti and art-directed by Pascal Dangin, the latest campaign depicts “real” life situations—a brawl at a metro station, a dazed car crash.

“They’re all strong. They are powerful,” Rousteing tells Style.com. “I wanted to show their power, because obviously they are really sexy and we all know them for their sexiness and the glamour.” But, more important than the sex and glamour, says Rousteing, is the strength and power he wanted to portray. “You can really feel the army, you can feel the battle. You can feel the power of the girls, and we usually don’t see that in a campaign.”

One notable face missing from this gorgeous battalion: Kendall Jenner. “If I took Kendall, it would be in a different concept with different girls,” Rousteing says. “And obviously, she’s my friend, but for this campaign I wanted to have Adriana with Rosie with Isabeli with Joan and Crista.” The closeness of this group is what made it click. “We didn’t feel like we were shooting the campaign, it was like a big party or a big reunion. We were having fun. And they were not only modeling, it was really like interacting together, and I think that was the power of the picture. You can see that they were really intimate. I love the feeling of being real and honest, and I think this campaign is all about that. It’s powerful, it’s pop, and at the same time, there are real emotions.”

post-3972-0-1446011718-365_thumb.jpg

post-3972-0-1446011718-37849_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:woot: :woot: God is real. Omg. What?! This is fucking cosmic. How is this woman raking in all these jobs left, right and center? She looks DIVINE. Absolutely beyond! I'm so proud of her and this campaign is effortlessly smashing. Are these photos just behind the scenes or the official campaign photos?

I'm on a high atm. What with this and the super bowl commercial (her fourth?). The woman has been spoiling us. Stannig for her through all those years she hasn't done a flying fuck suddenly seems worthwhile.

And can we talk about how she's managing high fashion and commercial at such a profound level?!?! :D