Bellazon

General gaming talk

Enrico_sw

19 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

Yeah but it's the showrunners from Westworld. I only liked the first season of that. And even then it wasn't all great.

I don't think they are a good fit for Fallout.

3 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Yeah but it's the showrunners from Westworld. I only liked the first season of that. And even then it wasn't all great.

I don't think they are a good fit for Fallout.

I liked Westworld S1 quite a bit, it has a lot of great acting by Anthony Hopkins. 

But S2 was terrible, and I didn't even bother watching S3.  

The Westworld story only had real substance for 1 season (miniseries), beyond that they were just stretching the possibilities.

1 hour ago, Cult Icon said:

The Horizon 2 graphics are insane, however I am not a big fan of the art direction and story:

4vtuOfN.jpgIj7JHwu.jpgCE5-ECA29-220-F-48-C7-AA9-C-8-DD4431912-9nhMTdc.jpg

From the videos I've seen, it seems that they changed her personality too. They made her less empathic, less cheerful and more austere / aggressive.

It seems like a big change in her personality. I don't understand why they do things like that.

It's true that the graphics are awesome (but the story / characters are more important IMO).

On 2/19/2022 at 3:14 PM, Cult Icon said:

I have zero hope for this series. I know what Hollywood is capable of doing to beloved franchises.

They really have to work hard if they ever want fans to start picking interest in them again.

1 hour ago, Enrico_sw said:

From the videos I've seen, it seems that they changed her personality too. They made her less empathic, less cheerful and more austere / aggressive.

Yea that sucks, there is no need to make her serious.  Life is serious enough.., she is better off as a fun PIXAR/fantasy character.

Are you playing the game now?  

Is the Fallout franchise dead now as the developer is working on the space game? Starfield or whatever?

1 hour ago, Enrico_sw said:

I have zero hope for this series. I know what Hollywood is capable of doing to beloved franchises.

They really have to work hard if they ever want fans to start picking interest in them again.

It's just a terrible fit. Nolan & Joy are so humorless and who ever adapts Fallout needs to include the (dark) humor that has been part of the franchise from the very beginning.

Yea that sucks, there is no need to make her serious.  Life is serious enough.., she is better off as a fun PIXAR/fantasy character.

Are you playing the game now? 

I'm watching videos about it. I don't know if I will buy it yet. I'm still trying to make my mind. Also, I have a PS4 (not 5), so I might want to wait a little (until I either have a PS5 or the game is released on PC).

This game is obviously a visual prowess, but I'm a bit annoyed at how they changed Aloy's character.

Is the Fallout franchise dead now as the developer is working on the space game? Starfield or whatever?

Bethesda really massacred the franchise with Fallout 76. They improved it a little in the past months (after the huge backlash), but it's a shadow of what it was when Interplay (or Obsidian - which was the real successor of Interplay) was developing it.

Starfield is Bethesda's new game. It looked fine (and it's the kind of game I would like - it's got this NASA vibe), but I'm very cautious with Bethesda. Very, very cautious.

1 minute ago, Enrico_sw said:

I'm watching videos about it. I don't know if I will buy it yet. I'm still trying to make my mind. Also, I have a PS4 (not 5), so I might want to wait a little (until I either have a PS5 or the game is released on PC).

This game is obviously a visual prowess, but I'm a bit annoyed at how they changed Aloy's character.

Also, I might want to concentrate my time on Elden Ring when it's released! ;)

5 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

did you see the intro cinematic I just posted?

Yep. It's good. Definitely a Souls game intro. It has all the tropes! And as usual, they present all the future bosses of the game.

I hope that the tarnished will bring us as much excitement as the Ashen one :bounce:

I don't find the music particularly great (it's quite generic unlike what I've heard before). The narrator's voice is not great as well. I prefer the voice of the lady in DS remake.

2 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

Yep. It's good. Definitely a Souls game intro. It has all the tropes! And as usual, they present all the future bosses of the game.

I was surprised that the cinematic was stagnant but they're had CGI trailers for the story already.  I just watched the Demon Soul's one and yes, this one is stagnant too.

I saw some leaked content (including one demigod, bits from other world areas) and overall the leaked stuff is better than the network test.., really increased my hype.

It seems like Elden Ring has more horror elements than Souls- like it moved the horror/body horror aspect somewhere between Souls and Bloodborne.

There are some 30 bosses (not including mini-bosses) and among these are 6 demi-gods, shown in the intro cinematic.

7 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

Starfield is Bethesda's new game. It looked fine (and it's the kind of game I would like - it's got this NASA vibe), but I'm very cautious with Bethesda. Very, very cautious.

I checked Starfield and there is no gameplay trailer yet, it's just concept art and CGI (not a good sign).  Game companies try to build hype with CGI trailers that actually show nothing lol.

Have you ever seen graphics better than Horizon 2?

The gaming industry has a very large number of fans of different genres. I am a fan of shooters, except for them there is nothing else to play. One such game is Standoff 2, a high-quality online shooter based on the gameplay of the most popular games for computer platforms. This project is focused on the interaction of all team members. Compared to the first part, the sequel takes into account all the errors and shortcomings. The experience gained allowed us to make the second part even cooler. It's still the same team shooter. However, it has many new exciting features. I am using standoff 2 apk for improvement in graphics and high fidelity game play. The gameplay of Standoff 2 is able to amaze with the realism and thoughtfulness of everything that happens. You come across full-fledged settings where you can tweak controls, graphics, and even some motion-related settings.