Bellazon

Fernando Torres
Thumbnail

the sars

TVG remembers one of their ‘favourite’ summer visitors

Following Spain’s Euro 2008 victory, Galicia Television takes a fond look at the influence of Fernando at ‘his’ Estorde Beach.

From the early age of 8, Fernando Torres was a regular visitor to the North West of Spain. The national hero from the 2008 European Championship final used to spend his summers with his family in Cee, Galicia. Estorde beach was one of the striker’s popular haunts, and Fernando could be regularly found with a ball at his feet playing with his friends along the La Coruña coast.

Fernando Torres has always been a popular figure in Galicia and following the Euro 2008 trophy success, local television station TV Galicia carried out a special report about the striker. The video mixed interviews with locals and friends, photos of Fernando on holiday and images of children looking to follow in the forward’s footsteps.

On Fernando's official site (latest news) you can enjoy TV Galicia’s video

By the way, I've read what means the tatoo on Nando's right leg: these numbers are the date of his first date with Olalla :) I don't know if it's true or not.

And about El Nino's tatoo on his hand. I actually didn't know that it's written his name in elf language :) beautiful and original idea))

Nando with kids :blush:

P.S. According to different sources Nando and Olalla spent in Miami only 2 days in their own house and then they went back to Liverpool.

Very short holiday :ninja:

1ee60bb31086.jpg 3f56dc7b351f.jpg 7ba478f342c3.jpg 73886_20201403380694eb137fbum4_122_806lo.jpg d11ea34fd65c.jpg ddc09a6b36e4.jpg DD60D17B_EA1B_3CD8_01E4E28E38DC03E8.jpg

L’Equipe sees Fernando Torres as the favourite for the 'Ballon d’Or'

Following on from France Football’s news story, the Spanish and Liverpool striker tops a list of five players for the coveted trophy.

Fernando Torres has been listed as favourite for the 2008 ‘Ballon d’Or’. The 24-year-old striker, who had an excellent debut season for Liverpool, scoring 33 goals in all competitions, was also decisive for Spain at the recent European Championships. The forward scored the winner in the 1-0 final win over Germany in Vienna.

French magazine ‘L'Equipe’ praised the Spanish forward following a superb season for both club and country, calling Fernando the ‘L'Enfant-Roi’, the ‘Boy King’. ‘L'Equipe’ went on to describe the striker’s past year, before concluding that the forward is close to ‘finding’ gold.

“The ‘Kid’ has become the best of forwards. Torres was decisive in the European Championship Final, finishing a brilliant piece of skill with a clinical finish to earn Spain the title. The trophy is his first in professional football and comes on the back of a perfect year at Liverpool with 33 goals to his name, and a Championship League semifinal. The most expensive Spanish footballer ever, deserves gold.”

The next name down on the list after Fernando Torres is Cristiano Ronaldo, followed by Fernando’s Spanish team-mate Iker Casillas, then Andrei Arhsavin, and finally Lionel Messi.

According to ‘L’Equipe’ Torres is favourite to lift the trophy, and if successful, the striker would become the first Spaniard since former Inter and Barcelona legend Luis Suarez in 1960. Suarez also collected two second placed awards (1961 and 1964) and a Bronze award in 1965. Following Spain’s 44 year wait for a major international trophy, this year may also see Spain end a 48 year wait for the ‘Ballon d’Or’.

My congratulations to Nando!!!!))) :wave:

if he'd go back to short hair... he'd be THE hotness! :sex:

Disagree :p

I think it's better when he's with long, coloured hair. It seems more naturally with his freckles :blush:

And with short hair Nando's like 17-year old teenager :laugh:

Training in Liverpool :)

OMG what can I say? soulino BIG THANKS to you for theese amazing pictures! I don't usually like to see "training photos" , os I do but not that much, but theese! oh my god these were outstanding! I could see so much joy in his eyes it makes me happy! SO HAPPY! so, thank you soulino! :) and thanks for the photoshoot too! ;)