Bellazon

Cyberpunk 2077 (2020)

Cult Icon

34 minutes ago, Michael* said:

It was interesting to hear that CDPR aren't aiming to release the optimised next-gen version until well into next year, but are releasing it for next-gen consoles via backward compatibility in December.

I can't see it getting delayed again though, not when the game's already in the hands of retailers.

Yea, the game is definitely not delayed now.  They've been working on the game for ages and still they had so many delays.

The original trailer in 2013:

I wonder what will happen if the game turns out to be less than amazing?  The reddit will go crazy..!

1 hour ago, Cult Icon said:

I wonder what will happen if the game turns out to be less than amazing?  The reddit will go crazy..!

Yeah, and I guess if the lifespan of this game is anything like The Witcher, a lot of those players might have already moved on by the time the fully-realised and definitive version arrives.

At this point, I'm honestly not sure if I'll buy it early or wait and see what kind of plan there is for the expansions. I might even hang fire until the next-gen release, which presumably will have a round of patches too, drops in 2021.

8 minutes ago, Michael* said:

Yeah, and I guess if the lifespan of this game is anything like The Witcher, a lot of those players might have already moved on by the time the fully-realised and definitive version arrives.

At this point, I'm honestly not sure if I'll buy it early or wait and see what kind of plan there is for the expansions. I might even hang fire until the next-gen release, which presumably will have a round of patches too, drops in 2021.

It might be better to wait for the more mature release if your plate is currently full.  

There were actually bugs in the leaks (an unpatched PS4 copy, probably stolen)

when you guys play please post a Screenshot of your V! 

The character customization is EXTREMELY detailed. I've never seen anything like it.   Even the individual facial features- eyes, nose, jawline, etc.  can be modified like putty. There are dozen of options for hairstyles. I wonder if someone can make her look like a model on BZ?

saw pictures and read a player review that basically said that the population is more like that of an average open-world game and not the insane density of the original 48  minute video. (basically that was exaggerated marketing footage).   '

To him Story and writing was extremely good, on par with Witcher 3.  But the game world is inferior to Witcher 3.  What leaks I saw showed that the voice acting  is very good, outstanding for a game.

I expect a backlash against the CD marketing for false advertising once the game is out LOL.

The leaked Corpo footage is my favorite so far. It looks like a mix of stuff from the original Blade Runner and the sequel.

the main quest is just 20-30 hours long., so this time CD made a game with an average length.

So this game can be played like GTA, you can draw your weapon and randomly shoot pedestrians, triggering a police manhunt.  Pull out the weapon against gang-infested areas and they come after you.

The graphics of X box 1 S are "potato" and far worse than those for the PS5.  So this game requires the best consoles. 

Music for the game so far as been great!

The combat with Maelstorm reminds me of Ubisoft's the division series.  Extremely bullet-spongy, heavily armed enemies.  The player gets killed by an AI who took a whole magazine.  V himself can't take many hits.  I guess this is where the cyberware comes into play.

The ragdoll physics reminds me a bit of Max payne, kind of dated.   floaty and llimp, not too impressive.