Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

^Very true...I was thinking the same.  However, Maria simply cannot match Candice’s total package, making it an unfair fight  ;)  ;)

While I think Candice is incredible, Maria has always done it for me, so in my mind, it's pretty fair.  Not trying to take over this page with Menounos admiration, but Menounos in a bathing suit is a sight to behold.  

^Very true...I was thinking the same.  However, Maria simply cannot match Candice’s total package, making it an unfair fight  ;)  ;)

While I think Candice is incredible, Maria has always done it for me, so in my mind, it's pretty fair.  Not trying to take over this page with Menounos admiration, but Menounos in a bathing suit is a sight to behold.  

No problem soundbyte74...differing opinions is what good discussion is all about.

Watching the show now. And it's.. so so. Asi asi. They rarely put in Candice?!? I know it's only been 25 minutes in but the VS commercial and Taylor swift is more entertaining. (Yes , I am biased towards Candice) But it is nice to know that VS does spread it around and doesn't push one person. Hoping they will at least do a little segment on Candice in the last half.

Watching the show now. And it's.. so so. Asi asi. They rarely put in Candice?!? I know it's only been 25 minutes in but the VS commercial and Taylor swift is more entertaining. (Yes , I am biased towards Candice) But it is nice to know that VS does spread it around and doesn't push one person. Hoping they will at least do a little segment on Candice in the last half.

She had a segment last year. I'm a huge Candice fan but even I'd roll my eyes if they did again.

Alright....about 5 mins left, I think its safe to pass judgment.  On a scale of 1 to 10, I give it a 5 at best.

Terrible musical talent, questionable segments, too much Adam Levine and not enough Candice!!!

Candice, Adriana, Lily and Martha (limited appearance) saved it from a lower grade  :idk:  :idk:  :idk:

I'm going to give a totally different opinion here and give this one an eight out of ten. Neon Jungle were PERFECT for the segment, I think Taylor had good chemistry with the girls and thought the segments itself were really amazing. Except for Shipwrecked, every thing was pretty fast faced and full of energy which was great. I can't complain about Candice not getting enough screen time. She had her time to shine last year in her segment, it cemented her as the "queen" of VS for the moment and she and Adriana are the leaders of the pack. As always Behati remains the most natural and engaging, Adam was very sweet and all in all I just thought it was really good. I especially loved the little segment they did for Lais. I got all teary for the girl.

P.S. The Christmas video is out, anyone got a link? Gifs were already made on tumblr.

I loved the show. The music was amazing, it made even the horrible pink outfits look somewhat fitting to the theme. What I didn't like are 3 things: Adam...the segments between the actual walking of models and....NOT ENOUGH CANDICE. It seriously felt like she didn't get enough time at all. Maybe I am too used to VS overusing her, but this year I am kind of pissed. I loved her at snow angels and shipwrecked, but she should not open the show again. It felt like she was going to jump off the runway, running scared from the cameras and lights. I am sad to say it, but she did a bad job opening.

I loved the show. The music was amazing, it made even the horrible pink outfits look somewhat fitting to the theme. What I didn't like are 3 things: Adam...the segments between the actual walking of models and....NOT ENOUGH CANDICE. It seriously felt like she didn't get enough time at all. Maybe I am too used to VS overusing her, but this year I am kind of pissed. I loved her at snow angels and shipwrecked, but she should not open the show again. It felt like she was going to jump off the runway, running scared from the cameras and lights. I am sad to say it, but she did a bad job opening.

I sadly agree about her opening. I love her to death but they need someone who's going to get people off their chairs and amped. It's just not her personality to be that way and I don't want her to change, but ugh I just wanted her to raise her hands, scream, do something..especially to that song! Very high energy.

I don't know what to think yet. I keep wishing they would do something more... Romantic, like 2005. I think it is time to get inspired by those ideas again. Time to make someone fly or pop out of something. Play with our minds and mystery. I don't know, but it was all too plain for me. Still hot, specially Candice and Adriana, imo. I actually like the song choices, even the playbacks during the edits. Anyway... I'd give a 7 out of 10.

I sadly agree about her opening. I love her to death but they need someone who's going to get people off their chairs and amped. It's just not her personality to be that way and I don't want her to change, but ugh I just wanted her to raise her hands, scream, do something..especially to that song! Very high energy.

No,she just is not like that. They should have let Doutzen open the show or Karlie and let Candice open Shipwrecked. Damn, she would be soooo perfect for it. The show isn't like 2005 anymore. The models are very emotional now, they point, shout, make faces to make their walks more interesting. Adriana just owned the runway, really. She just rocked it so hard...Candice was perfect in the other two segments, they fit her so well, but the first one was just a fail.

^ As

I agree with all that has been said about Candice’s personality.  Maybe the nerves got to her, or like it has been said, maybe she is just too laid back for an opening.  She opened the final segment last year and was great.

The music did not help matters IMO.  Maybe if she had something playing to get her in the mood, it may have helped.  Sorry to keep harping about the music, but it just did not take.

Adam Levine, you suck so bad  (N)  (N)

Also, I know it's maybe not really Candice's personality but GOD wouldn't I love to see her make an entrance like Adriana did in the Paris segment. She has the ferocious side to her I just want her to let it out!!

But she's not Adriana, and I don't want to see her copy what Adriana does. Candice is her own person, and I think she nailed the opening and made it her own. Especially when you compare it to the first time she opened, when she looked really meek and mild, she had a much stronger and more confidant walk, but I would never expect her to make an "Adriana" entrance because that's not who she is. And in my opinion, I'm tired of seeing Adriana do the same thing year after year. Arms open wide, several pounding steps, point, point, mouth "I LOVE YOU!" and "THANK YOU SO MUCH!" point some more, more pounding steps, arms open wide, make a sign of the cross, and exit stage left. She literally does the same entrance/walk/exit every time she hits the runway, and I would never want to see Candice try to mimic that.

^ As

I agree with all that has been said about Candice’s personality.  Maybe the nerves got to her, or like it has been said, maybe she is just too laid back for an opening.  She opened the final segment last year and was great.

The music did not help matters IMO.  Maybe if she had something playing to get her in the mood, it may have helped.  Sorry to keep harping about the music, but it just did not take.

Adam Levine, you suck so bad  (N)  (N)

What did Adam do, besides sit in the audience and cheer for his fiance? Its not his fault the cameras were on him, and the producers threw his face in the show 10 times.....

Also, I know it's maybe not really Candice's personality but GOD wouldn't I love to see her make an entrance like Adriana did in the Paris segment. She has the ferocious side to her I just want her to let it out!!

But she's not Adriana, and I don't want to see her copy what Adriana does. Candice is her own person, and I think she nailed the opening and made it her own. Especially when you compare it to the first time she opened, when she looked really meek and mild, she had a much stronger and more confidant walk, but I would never expect her to make an "Adriana" entrance because that's not who she is. And in my opinion, I'm tired of seeing Adriana do the same thing year after year. Arms open wide, several pounding steps, point, point, mouth "I LOVE YOU!" and "THANK YOU SO MUCH!" point some more, more pounding steps, arms open wide, make a sign of the cross, and exit stage left. She literally does the same entrance/walk/exit every time she hits the runway, and I would never want to see Candice try to mimic that.

I'm not asking Candice to mimic that, but the point is, Candice has a personality that is beyond the timid and flirty one that VS loves to play up so much with her. I just think it'd be great if she had something that allowed her to be more animated in an opening. Something with dance, since she's a dancer. Her walk is one of the best, if not the best, but I'm always left wanting a little more out of her that we KNOW she has.

I'm not asking Candice to mimic that, but the point is, Candice has a personality that is beyond the timid and flirty one that VS loves to play up so much with her. I just think it'd be great if she had something that allowed her to be more animated in an opening. Something with dance, since she's a dancer. Her walk is one of the best, if not the best, but I'm always left wanting a little more out of her that we KNOW she has.

^This...you nailed it silken.  I bet music more to her liking would have made a huge difference.  She does not need to copy Adriana.  Something to kill the nerves.  Anyway, she looked so damn good, I hardly noticed.

I hate when people have to compare Candice to anyone, especially Adriana. She is not, nor ever will be Adriana. Enough!

Her opening walk was BETTER imo, still not there but she did really good compared to 2011. I definitely think when Candice gets her walk down pat, it will be more fierce, more like the earlier VSFS.