Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

*Open letter to Katherine of tfs*

post-11221-0-1446069551-36169_thumb.png

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this - but the above(^) is a comment regarding the Candice Swanepoel thread on Bellazon, and as such I shall address it here.

I'm not sure if Katherine is also a Bellazon member and, if so, what her name may be - but I'm not a member of tfs and therefore can't address it to her directly there. If you are also a 'Bellazonian' Katherine, please feel free to respond here, or PM me if you want...

Firstly, about the cake. :shock: !!! I mean, REALLY? Forgive me, but I was crediting the reader with a certain amount of intelligence. Of course I didn't actually bake a cake! I'd have thought that was obvious? What possible reason would there be for me to really do that? I've also 'baked" cakes for other favourite models of mine on their birthdays (such as Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Natasha Poly, should you want to look). What I do is search the model's name and 'cake' on Google Images - so no wonder that actual cake can be found from searching those things - because that is exactly what I did! However, this time, I couldn't find 'Candice' so had to make do with 'Candace' - hence my comment about rushing and spelling it wrong. THAT WAS A JOKE! I just thought such a thing was more interesting than merely typing: "Happy Birthday ___" (Incidentally I don't know what I'll have to do when it comes to finding 'Behati'). But for future reference (and your peace of mind) I'm pretty sure that should I ever properly bake a cake and ice a name onto it - I will make sure it's spelt correctly!

I'm sorry, but your response to that post verges on idiocy.

Secondly. I'm not sure what you are referring to by saying that this thread is "just plain inaccurate"? I happen to be the majority poster here, so can't help but take this personally. I've never claimed anything I couldn't verify and, to the best of my knowledge, I have given the correct information regarding photographers, designers, and magazines. I can't speak on behalf of my fellow posters here, but I find this rude and condescending.

Thirdly in response to your comments on photo credits - I know I have been as guilty of that as the next guy. But that includes tfs members too. The fact that I am writing to you is testament to the fact that I visit tfs, and that you visit here.

I recently posted some Candice polaroids from the modelwerks site - but I got the information from tfs. I did mention this in my post however, and then actually went to modelwerks to get these photos myself. I know in the past, when I first began posting, that I might not always have been so vigilant; and I know there are some other Bellazon members that are very guilty of it. But, like I said, this works both ways - and makes me less inclined to give credit where it may be due too. If you want examples you can look at the Spezzato online catalogue posts by Jacques Dequeker, or the Guess swimwear shots by Yu Tsai; both of which I found and posted, and which then appeared on tfs a couple of hours later with no credit to either me or Bellazon.

I'm not saying it's right, but it happens to all of us - whichever forum we may belong to - and we can't just allay a blanket blame on one forum over another (indeed many posters are members of both). I know tfs has far more stringent rules regarding this (which can prove very useful), but it can still be 'abused'...

If, say, I find an editorial online which I then post on the featured model's thread and write: 'Vogue(Nipon), May 2008. Photography by Terry Richardson' (for example)and then a tfs member takes these photos from Bellazon and posts them only with the photographer/magazine information then they are technically correct - but are still doing the same thing as you are accusing Bellazon members of. We all 'borrow' and 'lend' do we not? It may not be right - but it does happen.

Anyway, apologies to my fellow posters here for taking up space and time - but I am defending your honour as much as my own. I get pretty tired of perceived 'superiority' and that is what seems to be being implied here: that tfs is 'superior'. Whatever the wrongs and rights of that argument - respect is something you have to earn.

(For when your own big day comes):

post-11221-0-1446069551-39299_thumb.jpg

See? It's easy! :hehe:

All I wish to do here is post pictures of and discuss models whom I happen to find attractive and admire. I have no other intentions - and my work is not within the industry. Apologies if this makes me, or anyone else in a similar position, unfit to post. I see from your own posts that you have contact with Candice which, I'll grant you, gives you the edge in any such discussions. For that I can only be extremely jealous. But that is the end of it..!