Bellazon

Linda Evangelista
Thumbnail

dcrim

VOGUE ITALIA: A STUDY IN FASHION EVOLUTION

A retrospective piece on Linda's Vogue Italia covers is past due. There are a total of 32 covers. Aside from the remarkable number, a study of each cover can be quite fascinating, especially when one considers that the first was photographed 23 years ago in 1989. Steven Meisel's photographic style has evolved, and Linda's evolution is nothing less than extraordinary. Eyebrows going from thick to thin, the ever-changing hair color and style changes. A different Linda emerged with each cover, from looking boyishly beautiful with her famous crop in February 1989, to a more mature Southern Italian look with the strong nose in the latest May 2012 edition. In the September 2001 issue of American Vogue, fellow supermodel Amber Valletta remarked, "Linda probably loves modeling more than anyone I know. That's why we all love looking at pictures of her." We couldn't agree more. Click on each cover thumbnail for a closer look!

levangelista.net

yes but she will get her own cover more and likely ^ its not like she has to share it. but yeah its fashion blasphemy to even see other models names mentioned in the same sentence with her. :p unless its christy,naomi,claudia etc of course.

Linda + Karl

post-13850-0-1446104306-76179_thumb.jpg

vmagazine instagram

Linda Evangelista and Karl Lagerfeld at the Chanel Little Black Jacket exhibition

Talk about a fashion force to be reckoned with! The two fashion heavyweights, original supermodel Linda Evangelista and the creative director of Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld, looked super stylish clad head-to-toe in Chanel (what else!)at The Little Black Jacket Exhibition.

post-13850-0-1446104307-90129_thumb.jpg

post-13850-0-1446104307-91278_thumb.jpg

vogue.es

glamourmagazine.co.uk

^Thanks so much, michelabella!! :dance: Linda always pulls off the androgynous look well! Love it!!

Spiral, thanks for those classic Chanel runway videos! Great memories! :flower:

And Linda for I-D! Haven't seen her in I-D since...what...the early 2000's? Something to look forward to in September! And yes, she will more than likely get her own cover and this is typical with I-D, and will also likely get her own editorial. Although, I wouldn't mind seeing her mix it up with the newer girls in an editorial. I don't think there is anything wrong with this. And Michelabella, I would *LOVE* to see Linda paired with Giselle in an editorial. I realize they have two very different body types, but a very creative stylist and photographer can make this work! And I always love to see Linda working for other photographers besides Meisel. Don't get me wrong, I loved her latest editorial in Vogue Italia but I want to see her work with the newer photogs, too! :wave:

yes I agree with your point ^ plus if Linda is working along side some of the newer models/photogs, it can give her a new audience. (Like I've seen happen with Kate & Naomi, sadly alot of the young people who follow fashion think they're the only important 90s models to exist (lol) since they kept working prominently... and some of the others seem to be the "forgotten" ones or dont seem to get the same respect those two do. :/

My dream is to see multi Vogue Italia covers with 90s Supers paired along side a top model from today. I think that could be very interestng. I liked the editorial La Linda did with Raquel Zimmerman.

I think i-D should be a newer photographer so thats nice!

My issue with the whole older+newer models thing is that the older models always seem to be just a token. There'll be like 4 or 5 newer models with an older model thrown into the mix: Linda, or Eva, Naomi, Kristen, Helena, etc.

The Roberto Cavalli S/S 2012 campaign comes to mind. The whole thing looked just plain silly.

Anyway, I love the way Linda looks in those pictures with Karl. Nice to see her smiling again. And you can tell she's wearing Chanel. :hehe: