Bellazon

Linda Evangelista
Thumbnail

dcrim

Tyson Beckford says Linda Evangelista's famous pronouncement about '90s-era supermodels not waking up "for less than $10,00 a day" helped him — and other models of his time — make "silly" amounts of money. Beckford explained in a recent interview that some of his paychecks were so large, they were almost comical.

"I once walked in a fashion show *— literally, just walked —* for no more than a minute or two and they paid me a silly amount of money . . . $40,000," Beckford said. "I was like, 'Really? You don't have to give me that!' You know when Linda said that it set the bar for every other model —* everyone just upped their day rates. It was hilarious. All the models — women and men — were like, 'Remind me to send Linda flowers!'"

Beckford also said that paychecks weren't the only things in the '90s modeling industry that were over the top.

"The fashion industry was so different back then. I guess it was all so new and so extravagant," he said. "The budgets were enormous; it was certainly a lot more fun. The parties were out of control and because no one had a camera phone and there was no Facebook or Twitter, you could do whatever you wanted with whoever you wanted."

http://www.fashionologie.com/Tyson-Beckfor...ls-Pay-22811895

2012 :):)

Love Magazine

Chanel Little Black Jacket Book

Chanel Eyewear

Vogue Italy

Yup, she's on a roll this year. :heart: And to think she's nearly 47 years old. Apparently something's lacking in today's fashion industry that it feels the need to bring back middle-aged models like Linda. :whistle:

Btw, I love the picture that shows the words "La Linda" on the back of Linda's outfit. :D

me encanta verla bailando, se le da bastante bien!! cómo se nota que es una profesional!!

y el ambiente no para de recordarme el de la película Gilda, con Rita Hayworth, recrea la misma época, los vestidos, el background, los bailarines, las maracas...... me encanta!!! tiene un aire cinéfilo y retro súperbonito

qué giro tan fantástico le han dado a la revista después de las últimas portadas, tan futuristas: meisel se reinventa siempre, qué barbaridad, su creatividad ni tiene límites!!

estoy de acuerdo con spiral, la foto con el la linda en la bata, de espaldas... otro giño cinematográfico más ;)

:heart: :heart: :heart:

:wave:

^^Thanks! That photo with the turban looks like it was shot in Ravello.

^Love the way she's slimmed down in these recent pics, she looks incredible. But that last shot with Roitfield...yikes...they both look scary. Not a good shot for either of them.

LOL... i think Terry Richardson took that picture....not surprised, he can make even the most gorgeous ones such as Linda look scary... love what she was wearing that night though, and the hair