Bellazon

Linda Evangelista
Thumbnail

dcrim

^Thank you! :flower:

This recent article by fashion journalist Maggie Alderson isn't specifically about Linda, but I thought that her praise of Linda's amazing modeling talent was worth mentioning here:

Canadian model Linda Evangelista once showed me how she could isolate the muscles in her face to make herself look quite different. It was extraordinary.

Read the article here: http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/fashion/the-rules-red-rocks-20130216-2eji0.html#ixzz2LGQBYCey

I'm so glad I grew up with these girls...Linda the Queen Bee. Entered my 20's in the early nineties - perfect timing for the Great Supermodel Era. It's something that will never happen again, Hollywood will never allow it! In that era, Supermodels were more powerfull than the Superstars!!! Hollywood had fallen asleep at the wheel while the Fashion industry carried on taking the lead that it still has to this day (back then VS shows were little more than a carnival event). But the great Supermodels were simply too expensive to maintain...so now we have 'Top Models', (for GenY) still glamourous but the best ones pretty much one tier below. Most are back to being familiar faces but without names.

Hollywood nor the public will allow it I think ^ there is such a backlash on "skinny spoiled supermodels who do nothing but model", thats not my opinion but I see that is a popular opinion amongst the general public now days.... :/ Besides imo, most of the new models coming up today are either painfully commercial/cheap looking or weirdly alien-sque/edgy looking. These women had THE perfect balance of commercially appealing to the masses yet uniquely beautiful/regal enough to pull off high fashion.

backstage early 90s

post-13850-0-1446104480-86579_thumb.jpg post-13850-0-1446104480-88969_thumb.jpg post-13850-0-1446104480-90653_thumb.jpg

mario sorrenti instagram