Bellazon

Linda Evangelista
Thumbnail

dcrim

Linda Evangelista Settles Child-Support Case

By Mike Fleeman

Update Monday May 07, 2012 08:30 PM EDT

post-36986-0-1446104266-02338_thumb.jpg

Linda Evangelista and Francois-Henri Pinault (inset)

With Linda Evangelista about to take the stand Monday for the second day, lawyers reached a settlement in the nasty child-support case between the supermodel and French billionaire Francois-Henri Pinault, who's now married to Salma Hayek.

The terms of the surprise deal were not immediately known, according to the New York Post, which first reported the settlement. Outside the courthouse Monday, Francois-Henri Pinault's lawyer, David Aronson told reporters, "Everybody's glad for the sake and the benefit of the child that it's done."

A rep for Evangelista had no comment. After court Evangelista and Pinault, who had barely made eye contact during the trial, were seen talking to each other.

The model, 46, had been seeking $46,000 in monthly child-support payments for her 5-year-old son Augie with former flame Pinault.

The case in a Manhattan family courtroom had grown increasingly contentious, with a lawyer for Evangelista claiming that Pinault had "suggested she terminate the pregnancy."

His attorney strongly denied that Pinault ever said that and a source criticized Evengelista's camp for making statements that could hurt the child.

It was revealed last year that Pinault, who has been married since 2009 to Hayek, had fathered a child with Evangelista.

The French businessman has two other children from a previous marriage, which ended in divorce in 2004, and a 4-year-old daughter, Valentina, with Hayek.

post-36986-0-1446104265-97973_thumb.jpg

Judge signs off on Evangelista, Pinault child support agreement

By LAURA ITALIANO

Last Updated: 3:20 PM, May 8, 2012

post-36986-0-1446104267-01024_thumb.jpg

Linda Evangelista today.

Supermodel Linda Evangelista made what she hopes will be her last trip to Manhattan Family Court this afternoon, looking on in a trim, black dress suit -- and wearing leopard-patterned Louboutins -- as a judge signed off on the child support agreement she has struck with her billionaire French baby daddy.

The not-so-doting papa, Francois-Henri Pinault, chose not to attend the non-mandatory signing.

Both sides have insisted they are happy with the undisclosed and now sealed settlement, and have lobbied, through anonymous sources, to describe it as a victory -- and as "close" or "not close at all" to what Evangelista had originally demanded, depending on who's talking.

Either way, the settlement was safely presumed to be snuggly in the five figures per month.

When Evangelista first dragged Pinault to Family Court last summer, she had presented him with a tally of $46,000-a-month in expenses she had been paying, alone, for the fruit of their whirlwind 2005 romance -- five-year-old Augustin, or "Augie."

The tally included some $16,000 a month for a tag team of gun-toting, former NYPD-detective chauffeurs -- nearly all of which she herself was deducting as a business expense. Then there was the $80,000-a-year cost of a round-the-clock nanny.

"He has gone a long way toward meeting those original demands," a source close to the negotiation said yesterday of Pinault.

"Not close at all," countered a contrary source who also knew the figure.

Pinault is the CEO of the Paris-based luxury conglomerate that owns Gucci and Yves St. Laurent. He is raising a four-year-old daughter, Valentina, with his glamorous wife, movie star Salma Hayek, who he met four months after ditching Evangelista in January, 2006 -- right after learning the cat walker was pregnant.

Evangelista is worth a cool $8 million herself, according to statements made by Pinault lawyer David Aronson at hearings last year. She took the stand briefly on Friday, telling Support Magistrate Paul Ryneski that she is a spokesmodel for Chanel and still asks for -- and receives -- $100,000 for the occasional stroll down the runway.

In previous court hearings, Evangelista's lawyer, William Beslow, has complained that while Pinault lavishes wealth on Valentina, he paid virtually nothing to support Augie prior to a temporary court order last year.

Today, all parties left court without commenting on the settlement -- though Evangelista allowed herself a slight smile as she left court, her lawyer at her side..

nypost.com

and finally for Spiralshaman,age has got nothing to do with love for certain models

Yes, I know. I was just referring to the "other board", that's all. No offense intended. :wave:

oh that's why I hate writing,some of our replies don't get right to each others

ofcourse I didn't take your words as offence,no at all,even here in BZ you would find more love for younger models,with also some respect and love for former supermodels who no model now could ever replace them.

:wave::heart:

Judge signs off on Evangelista, Pinault child support agreement

Thanks so much! Linda must be exhausted and ready to drop! I'd be ready for a vacation from everything for while after the past week.

Mahi, you're very sweet and I welcome you with open arms. :wave: The truth is that I'm not very active here, but mainly because Linda has always been my favorite model and she became more inactive after she had Augustin and was involved with L'Oreal (which I never really cared for).

I was involved with the "other board" and other now-defunct fashion forums for a long time. I've seen some crazy things from both the younger and older model/fashion fans. I think the key word is *respect*. Respect for the opinions, respect for other models. Models come in different shapes, sizes and packages, and people have their faves. It's when fans go overboard with their devotion to their faves and put down other models that it really becomes a problem. And then the moderators aren't always perfect either. At the "other" board, there were a couple of moderators that were actually trolls in disguise. I don't know if they are still around and I don't now if there are "moderator trolls" at this board but if left unchecked, these types of mods can not only create a sense of divisiveness on a forum, they also drive away many participants.

Staying on the topic of Linda, I'm so glad she seems to be back on the fashion scene again, and so glad this court drama is over. I know that having some of her personal details layed out publicly must have been like murder for her, because she is such a private person.

Oh, and didn't Linda look so lovely and elegant last night at The Met? :heart:

thanx Likeafinewine ,you're welcome

================================================================================

Guys,

take a look at these two articles from Hellomagazine and mamaslatinas about Linda's MET look,and tell us your respectful opinions

the first one

post-38290-0-1446104268-32408_thumb.jpg post-38290-0-1446104268-33509_thumb.jpg

post-38290-0-1446104268-35406_thumb.jpg post-38290-0-1446104268-36753_thumb.jpg

Linda celebrates child support settlement with glam night out

08 MAY 2012 No wonder Linda Evangelista looked so relaxed and happy as she attended the Metropolitan Museum Ball.

The model was celebrating reaching an out of court settlement with French billionaire François-Henri Pinault over child care for their five-year-old son Augustin.

The terms of the agreement are not known, but the 'super' seemed happy with the outcome as she attended the fashion gala.

Forty-six-year-old Linda looked sophisticated in a black floor length gown accessorised with a sparkling diamond necklace.

hello magazine.com

and the other article

Was Linda Evangelista in mourning at last night's MET Gala?

Does anyone else think it was kind of suspicious that Linda Evangelista was wearing an all-black ensemble to the Met Gala last night? The Italian supermodel settled her child-support case with Salma Hayek's French billionaire husband Francois-Henri Pinault just hours before. You would think that she would be out celebrating and dressing up like the rest of the celebrities at the Met Gala--an event seen by many celebrities as a chance to think out of the fashion box--but instead she was one of the only women who showed up in a boring black dress.

Was she in mourning over her settlement or what?!

Was Linda Evangelista in mourning at last night's MET Gala?But I guess there just wasn't much for her to celebrate on this night. Although she had originally asked for Francois-Henri to contribute $46,000 to the monthly expenses of raising their 5-year-old son Augie, I would venture to guess that the settlement wasn't all that she was expecting after the case turned nasty earlier this month.

Do you think Linda Evangelista dressed up in black to mourn the results of her child-support case settlement? Share with us in the comments below!

mamaslatinas.com

so contrasting

Mahi, thank you for the photos. Beautiful! :hug: But if you look closely at Linda's eyes, she looks exhausted. I'm sure she did a gazillion tricks to liven up her look for this evening. And for the most part, it worked. But for the hardcore Linda watchers like myself, she's not quite herself. And I'm sure she didn't make it to the after party.

Regarding the two articles you posted, I've read so many half-truths about the trial that are so ridiculous. Only two people know what really happened, Linda and Pinault. Linda was set to testify on Monday, with more revealing details sure to be brought forth by attorney inquisition, but closed-door settlement was the best for everyone involved, especially little Augustin. Thank goodness.

For better but likely worse, the media sensationalism of this trial is going to haunt Linda for years, much like the 10k joke she made in way back in 1990. Sadly, in the eyes of the general public, this will be remembered much more than her astonishing work in front of the camera.

is it selfish for me to say that I love seeing her in the spotlight again? even if its not all positive. She's having one heck of a year professionally speaking as well.(Chanel,VI,LOVE,Muicca Prada's Met gala guest...) I love seeing her when I turn on my tv. :p Hey look at Kate Moss or Naomi and all their dramas, they are still admired and get a ton of work.

I saw hisssquad say Prada F/W is a cast of a Legend and newbies. keeping my fingers crossed that the supposed 'legend" is La Linda. :hehe: She was Prada's guest at the Met afterall. Not to mention Meisel shoots the mainline campaigns... :shifty: (I automatically thought of her, assuming the legend word wasn't used too loosely)...

name='LikeAFineWine' date='May 9 2012, 06:54 AM' post='2884397']

Mahi, thank you for the photos. Beautiful! :hug: But if you look closely at Linda's eyes, she looks exhausted. I'm sure she did a gazillion tricks to liven up her look for this evening. And for the most part, it worked. But for the hardcore Linda watchers like myself, she's not quite herself. And I'm sure she didn't make it to the after party.

you're welcome Sweety

yes I noticed about her eyes exhaustion,there was even another pic when I felt that,but didn't post it,I felt it's inappropriate to post it

================================================================================

anyway here she is,looking so fresh and youthful(though before the MET I think)

Model Linda Evangelista returning to the Carlyle Hotel in New York City on May 7 2012

post-38290-0-1446104284-65182_thumb.jpg post-38290-0-1446104284-69834_thumb.jpg post-38290-0-1446104284-72746_thumb.jpg post-38290-0-1446104284-80857_thumb.jpg

modelcandids.com