Bellazon

Chad White
Thumbnail

mulawin

"Chad White Spills His Model-Ready Regime

Eat clean, train dirty and get a body like Ralph Lauren, Hugo Boss and H&M model Chad White…

Posted on 12:46, Friday, 25 July 2014

By Portis Wasp

Behind every iconic model like Gisele, Kate, or Naomi, there are usually four or five male models starring in the same shoot who never receive the attention they deserve. Here at MTV Style, we’ve taken it upon ourselves to remind you that there is such a thing as a male supermodel, and no his name is not Derek Zoolander. His name is Chad White, and we chatted to the American model - who has starred in fashion campaigns for Ralph Lauren, Hugo Boss and H&M - about his crazy workout regime, what it’s like to work with those Pretty Little Liars, his adorable puppy Batman, and of course, his signature look. Seriously guys, Zoolander’s ‘Le Tigre’ ain’t got nothin’ on Chad’s ‘Le Joker’!

MTV Style: Hey Chad! How’s it going?

Chad White: It’s going great! How about yourself?

MTV Style: We’re super, thanks! So talk us through an average day in the life of a male supermodel…

Chad: I’ve learned that in a model’s life there is no such thing as an ‘average day’. Having said that, I do like to keep whatever routine my schedule will allow.

My mornings are typically early, something I prefer. I get up, whip up some breakfast and then head out the door to beat my butt in the gym, or run to whatever appointments I have scheduled. My days are usually spent outside, travelling, or out and about around the city, so I like to bring with me what I’m going to eat throughout the day. I love to cook and the better I eat, the better I feel, so the two really go hand in hand.

My evenings are more relaxed. Maybe squeeze in an evening cycle or boot camp, and then it’s back home to cook up once more (usually some type of protein, veggie, and carb - quinoa, brown rice, sweet potato), before winding down.

MTV Style: Having appeared in countless fashion campaigns and editorials it is safe to say that you have mastered the art of posing, but do you have a signature look?

Chad: Well, since ‘Blue Steel’ is already taken… Usually my smile always wins it for me. I’m a jokester and I am all about having a good time on set.

In all seriousness, I think staying true to your personality and having fun is crucial when modelling. I’ve been lucky enough to work with some amazing photographers and like to think that I keep it pretty versatile depending on the job.

MTV Style: So what should we call your signature look?

Chad: Hmm, ‘Le Comic’? I’m liking this French theme. ‘Le Joker’? Seeing as my dog is named Batman, it’s only fitting...

MTV Style: Let’s go with ‘Le Joker’ then! It’s hard not to notice that you appear shirtless A LOT in magazines - what do you like to do to keep fit?

Chad: I like to eat clean, trying not to eat too late or close to bed. I workout at least an hour a day and usually vary exercises to keep it interesting. Walking/hiking/swimming/running are all great alternatives to the day-to-day gym visits. I’m also a huge fan of boot camps (shout out to Barry!). Cycling is also a favourite of mine. I joined some of the other guys at my agency Soul Artist Management recently to host a charity ride at Flywheel to benefit Boys and Girls Club.

MTV Style: Is there a particular exercise in the gym you secretly look forward to?

Chad: I don't need much equipment for abs, making it super easy to do anytime and really anywhere. I’m also an advocate of the squat – body weight exercises are too often overlooked!

MTV Style: You recently shot with those naughty Pretty Little Liars girls for GQ! We can’t believe they tried to rip your towel off you?!

Chad: Four against one, the odds were not in my favour..

MTV Style: They so weren’t. Who was the most mischievous on set?

Chad: They’re all pretty mischievous; I had to step my game up for sure.

MTV Style: They didn’t happen to tell you who ‘A’ is, did they?

Chad: … I’m not really at liberty to say.

MTV Style: Hmm. So what would be your dream job to book in the fashion industry?

Chad: This is a tough question... I really love Dolce & Gabbana. Domenico and Stefano have always been so awesome to me. The twins Dean and Dan are rock stars that own DSquared2, they are two of my favourites for sure... Of course I like Ralph Lauren too. I grew up dreaming about RL clothes, and now the people at RL are all my friends, so the company means a lot more to me. And I can't forget Giorgio Armani. That's too hard of a question to narrow down to one for me.

MTV Style: If MTV happened to cast you in a fantasy editorial (photographed by Mert & Marcus, obviously) who would you choose to star in it with you if we gave you the choice of Rihanna, Britney, or Miley?

Chad: All the above? I admire all three ladies. They all bring something different to our music/pop culture scene and think the combination could be pretty amazing, don’t you?

MTV Style: We think we’d die. So we recently read on Twitter that your puppy was attacked by another dog at doggy day care - is he okay now?!

Chad: He is okay now. It was unfortunate because I really trusted this day care to take care of him and now will be thinking twice before I let anyone look after him. Batman has become a huge part of my life since I adopted him. I’ve always been a big animal lover and would hate to see this happen to anyone’s pet.

MTV Style: Being a model you have to be disciplined most of the time, but do you have a guilty pleasure you can’t seem to quit?

Chad: This is easy... gelato."

Read more at http://www.mtv.co.uk/style/blog/chad-white-spills-his-modelready-regime#PmiV5viDTKvJ2Rs5.99

Article on Fashion Week Daily

"Male Model Moments: Chad White

August 8, 2014

Written by Eddie Roche

As one of the most popular male mods on the planet right now, Chad White is as sweet as he is gorgeous. This recently turned 30 guy also has some major wit and charm as you’ll read in the latest installment of ‘Male Model Moments.’ You know him from his work for Dolce & Gabbana (“Domenico and Stefano have always been so awesome to me,” he tells us) and DSquared (“The twins are two of my favorites for sure”). And let’s not forget his work with Giorgio Armani, Hugo Boss, Ralph Lauren, and Nautica. Our fave recent work with Chad is Michael Bastian‘s lookbook for his Spring 2015 collection. Male mags love him too, with editorials in Vogue Hommes, Interview, Maxim Italia, DETAILS, and L’Uomo Vogue, to name a few. You get it it, we get it, so so let’s get the 411 on Mr. Chad White…

Hometown: Portland, Oregon

Current City: NYC

Single/Married/Dating? Single

Nickname: Chaddycakes. Can’t remember who exactly is responsible but it just stuck.

What were you like as a kid in a word: A goof.

ER: What’s your guilty pleasure?

CW: Billy’s Bakery. All the way.

ER: How often do you call your Mom?

CW: I speak to my family as often as possible. Being on opposite ends of the country makes it difficult sometimes

ER: What’s your number one fitness tip?

CW: Just get out there. I don’t think I’ve ever said, “Man, I really regret that workout”.

ER: Who is your biggest fan?

CW: My family

ER: Where would you like to retire?

CW: Give me a beach and I’ll be happy.

ER: How many times do you go on Instagram every day?

CW: Ballpark or rough estimate? Pretty frequently. Adding it to the list of guilty pleasures.

ER: Do you read the comments?

CW: Whenever I have the chance, I do. I appreciate everyone’s support and some provide a good amount of comedic relief to a hectic day.

ER:What websites do you go to?

CW: Besides Instagram? Models.com, GQ.com…and of course Fashion Week Daily. [Editors note: Thank you, sir.]

ER: Any desire to act?

CW: Absolutely! It’s something that has peaked my interest quite a bit lately.

ER: How many times have you watched Zoolander?

CW: I’d say too many times, but I know that’s not possible.

ER: What quote do you live by?

CW: I have quite a few, but one of my personal favorites came from one of my teachers – Mr. Freemark. He stuck a post-it note on my desk while I was sleeping during class that said “A wise youth makes hay while the sun shines, but what a shame to see a lad sleep away his hour of opportunity.” It definitely woke me up.

ER: What’s your specialty in the kitchen?

CW: I can cook up a mean frittata.

ER: What facial products do you use?

CW: I’m pretty straightforward and simple when it comes to products. Eating right is the best thing you can do for your skin. I also swear by Aqua Velva after-shave.

ER: What’s the secret to great skin?

CW: Put quality in and you’ll definitely get quality out. The cleaner your food is, the better your skin will look.

ER: Do you have a favorite female model?

CW: Oh, geez. There are so many that I admire and follow as their careers progress. Do I really have to pick a favorite?

ER: When’s the last time you were scared and why?

CW: My dog [batman] was recently attacked when staying the weekend at a doggy day care. It was pretty scary having something happen to someone who means so much to me. He’s recovered like a champ.

ER: What word sums up your current state of mind?

CW: Happy!"

More to follow...

"Fire Men: The Island’s Male Model Invasion

August 12, 2014

Written by Eddie Roche

When we heard dozens of (mostly straight) male models were headed to Fire Island to celebrate top mod Chad White’s 30th birthday, The Daily decided to get on the ferry and take a day trip. All for you! Along the way we caught up with Soul Artist mods Chad, Max Papendieck, Dan Murphy, Sean Harju, and Jeremy Santucci. Plus! Think models are different than you? We’ve found a few examples of common ground…

Chad White, 30, Single

Why did you decide to have the party on Fire Island?

I always go out here. It has the best atmosphere.

Was it overwhelming to have so many people come?

It was and it wasn’t. There was so much love, and I wanted to give my time to everybody. I couldn’t believe everybody showed up. I got a little overwhelmed because I was so grateful. At the same time, I was living in the moment.

What was the day like?

I got off a flight from San Francisco and went straight to my agent’s (Jason Kanner) house. It was chill at first. I took an hour nap and as soon as I woke up, the party began, it never stopped. I woke up to 100 people in the house. It was awesome. I can’t thank Svedka enough!

What was your favorite part of the day?

There was a moment when I was on the top deck of the pool looking over and saw all my friends at the pool from over the years. I’m a Cancer, so I got a bit sentimental and I choked up. I had to take a step back and appreciate the moment. It was the best feeling I’ve felt in a long time.

Your Parke & Ronen shorts are cute. Normal look?

These shorts are so awesome. The ones I normally wear can’t compare. I didn’t feel like I was in good enough shape to wear them well!

You have quite a fan base on Fire Island!

If you believe in me, I appreciate you. It was awesome to see them there, too, and share my big 3-0 with them.

You’ve got a large gay fan base!

All my friends are gay. It’s the best thing ever.

What is it about Fire Island that you love?

Everybody is so friendly and happy. It’s all love! It’s like a family out here!

How did you feel after the party?

Oh, man. I had a big smile on my face. I was in a euphoric state of mind.

Hungover?

Absolutely! I didn’t get to drink on my actual birthday, so I let loose!

How long did you sleep after the party?

One hour. I had a flight to catch.

Quiz time! Why is it called Fire Island?

There was a big fire?

What is Cherry Grove?

I hear there’s an underwear tea party there that’s really crazy. That’s all I know about it."

- that "all my friends are gay" line gives me hope that he plays onmy team <3