Bellazon

Chad White
Thumbnail

mulawin

Chad White's interview with Peggy Truong for Celebuzz

"Chad White is no stranger to the runway.

The 6-foot-2 model, who hails from Portland, Ore. but has lived in New York for nearly a decade, has walked for everyone from Dolce & Gabbana to DSquared2.

Five days into New York Fashion Week, Chad has already appeared in shows for Gents, Penguin and Perry Ellis. On Monday, Celebuzz caught up with the 29-year-old for a quick Q&A because hey, who doesn’t like to know what goes on in the mind of a male model?

Celebuzz: It’s Fashion Week — what are you most looking forward to seeing?

Chad White: Fashion Week is great because I get to see and catch up with a lot of my friends whoa re usually traveling. I always look forward to meeting with the people who make the brands as well, the designers. There is always so much excitement during Fashion Week — the shows and after parties and just a ton of amazing and talented people coming together to celebrate fashion. You never know who you will meet or what’s going to happen!

CB: What are some pre-show rituals that you can share with us?

CW: A lot of pictures backstage! A lot of joking around and horseplay . . . Some guys do pushups, some guys take naps or listen to music. I like being social though. Backstage you can usually find me walking around and cracking jokes with people. That’s until they call my name and I have to go running for the stage, haha!

CB: Who are some of your biggest fashion role models?

CW: That's a great question, there are so many amazing people it's tough to narrow it down . . . Tyson Beckford is the man and has always been someone I've looked up to in the industry. I've followed Mark Wahlberg's career into acting as well, and he is doing some pretty amazing stuff — that is something I wish I could do. I also really admire Will Smith — the way he laughs and smiles through everything.

There are also so many designers that I've met and look up to . . . Brian Atwood just recently told me his story of how he and his partner started his brand, after hearing that he's on the top of my list."