Bellazon

Behati Prinsloo
Thumbnail

Nath

Angel Nomads: Candice & Behati

Globetrotting besties Candice Swanepoel & Behati Prinsloo reflect on their favorite trips & shared African heritage during our Costa Rica photo shoot.

CANDICE: What’s your most memorable travel moment?

BEHATI: When I was 12 or 13, I went to Egypt with my family. Egypt blew my mind. Seeing the Sphinx and the pyramids and traveling the Nile, it was so spiritual it was insane.

CANDICE: That’s amazing! When I look at the globe, I love to know that I’ve been on “that” spot. You know what I mean? It’s a weird, childish thing of mine, when you look at a spot and think, “Check, check, check.”

BEHATI: I know! Like you’re putting a pin in it. So what’s the most memorable place you’ve traveled?

CANDICE: Rhodesia [modern Zimbabwe]. My family and I used to stay on houseboats on Lake Kariba & watch lions. We’re in such a different world now! 

BEHATI: It feels like a different life! When I think about growing up in Africa and what I’m doing now, it feels like I’m making it up.

CANDICE: That’s a big reason why you and I became such good friends, because only someone who’s lived that can understand.

BEHATI: We have a connection. Like a soul connection. What about Costa Rica? Have 
you been here before?

CANDICE: Yes. Costa Rica’s really special to me. The whole energy here, the weather, even when it’s pouring rain…

BEHATI: It’s very raw. That raw, kind of savage beauty. It’s nice to lose yourself in a place and I think that Costa Rica has that energy. I was so excited when I heard about this shoot.

CANDICE: I had a lot of #friendshipgoals pictures in my mind.

BEHATI: Like two girls, running through the water?

CANDICE: Running and showing the happiness of being in a beautiful place. And you’re probably the only person in the world who could have been there.

BEHATI: Aww…you’re so sweet.

From this link http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2016/02/27/behati-prinsloo-talks-about-marriage-to-adam-levine/

Behati Prinsloo's Sweetest-Ever Gift from Adam Levine May Surprise You

She’s a busy world-traveling supermodel; he’s the frontman of Maroon 5. So when Behati Prinsloo and husband Adam Levine finally get time in their jam-packed schedules to see one another, they know exactly what the other needs most.

“I had been traveling like a crazy woman and we hadn’t seen one another, and he just let me sleep in,” Prinsloo told PeopleStyle about her surprise from Levine. “So sweet and easy.”

The model, 26, also opened up about the second sweetest thing they do together: getting matching tattoos. “It’s a weird thing to describe to others… but it’s one of the things that connect us and that we share.” (Just this week they had date night at the tattoo parlor, when Levine finished his mermaid masterpiece.)

The Victoria’s Secret regular (who also shared a sweet gesture from her love after the brand’s last fashion show) is a runway pro now, but even she has embarrassing moments on the catwalk, including one which happened to be during her very first Paris fashion show.

“The heels were higher than I was used to, and I was wearing a dress with a bit of a train. Midway down the runway my heel got caught in my dress and I was trying to loosen it while walking by sashaying harder than usual and as I got to the end of the runway I could feel myself gently being brought down to the floor. I’m not sure how I managed not to fall into the [photographers’] pit.”

Even though she’s featured in the brand’s upcoming televised Swim Special (airing March 9 at 9p.m. on CBS), she admitted she’s still not “totally comfortable” stripping down to a bikini.

“I am a woman after all, so some days I feel good and sexy in a bikini and other days, I’m like, ‘Where are my caftans?!'”

Her relatability also extends to her junk food preferences. She ranks Sour Patch Kids “up there,” told us there’s never been a taco truck she hasn’t liked — and her In-N-Out order? A double burger with fries.

Sounds like our kind of girl!