Bellazon

Interesting Graphs/InfographicsMaps/Etc thread

Stromboli1

58 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

I love it :rofl::rofl:

All in all, it's pretty accurate. I don't understand why it advises to say "vous" to a prince, because we don't bow down to royalty :nicole:  Also, I'm pretty sure an American guy wrote it, because we don't say "Le google".

Where did you find this? :bounce:

I knew it! :Angel:

Oh, I found it from Le Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/coolguides/ :bounce::bounce:

On 6/2/2020 at 12:42 AM, Enrico_sw said:

Well, Le Reddit seems to have plenty of interesting things (I don't like the design of their website though).

Thanks for the link, Le Matt. :laugh:

Reddit is really awesome! Yeah, the website design is really outdated :unsure:

You're welcome Le Enrico :laugh:

On 6/2/2020 at 12:43 AM, Enrico_sw said:

@Matt! "Le Matt" actually reminds me of this guy (he was nicknamed "Le Mat"):nicole:

You're right! Jacky Le Mat means Jacky the Madman :bounce: (wikipedia approves this message) :nicole:

lg_00fc080b8f38123d79104ca6bf6a8a8f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Asia segment is missing Hinduism, Buddhism and Daoism which is mostly psychology/ life philosophy than rituals/religion and has billions of adherents.

All of these philosophies have something to teach; however some much more than others.

On 7/18/2020 at 2:51 AM, Matt! said:

Interesting. I like philosophies from the Far East. Possibly because they're exotic, but also because of some very interesting teachings, like the union of mind and body. That's one of the main reasons I practise Japanese martial arts.

Also, I don't fully agree with what they say about Kantianism. The categorical imperative is one of the most overestimated concepts and it has many flaws (not just because it reeks of moral order). Nietzche's criticism of Kant is one of the most interesting.

IMO, there are too many Kantians in the West and that's one of the many reasons that 2020 is a messed-up year (BTW, Kant was a virgin... just sayin' :rolleyes:)

^ I have some Kant and Existentialism audiobooks that I will be working on in a few weeks.

Kant, Jung, Kierkegaard, Nietzche, Heidegger.  I have several of Nietzche's key works in audio, Heidegger's Being and Time.  Jung's book on Individuation, an audio course on Kierkegaard.  audio on some of Kant's works.

• 3 weeks later...