Bellazon

Charlie Hunnam
Thumbnail

feolla

Charlie Hunnam Breaks His Silence on ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Departure

by Joe Tranchina

October 22.2013

post-20251-0-1446150326-33849_thumb.jpg

The Sons of Anarchy star has finally spoken out regarding his recent decision to quit the film adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey. Charlie Hunnam, who’d previously been cast as the story’s lead Christian Grey, was a controversial choice among fans to begin with, but as it turns out, their opinions had little to do with his decision to depart from the project. More than likely, much of the decision was based on the recent passing of the actor’s father.

At a charity event held by Sons of Anarchy, Hunnam stated to E!:

I have had some family stuff going on so just trying to stay focused and stay positive and keep trying to do a good job at work and be with my family and stay positive…  So when I wrap the show, I am going to go to England and see my people and then I have a film that I am doing with Guillermo [del Toro]. So I am going to go and do that and concentrate on the final seasons of 
Sons.

There you have it, Fifty Shades fans. Are you personally disappointed to hear that Charlie Hunnam departed the film in any case?

Stay positive, Charlie, and good luck with Sons of Anarchy!

www.rickey.org

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apparently the del Toro project is Crimson Peak. 

The main thing: Legendary will give him the resources he needs to honor what he calls the “grand dames” of the haunted house genre. “To me that is Robert Wise’s The Haunting, which was a big movie, beautifully directed, with the house built magnificently. And the other grand daddy is Jack Clayton’s The Innocents. I’ve always tried to make big-sized horror movies like the ones I grew up watching,” del Toro said. “Films like The Omen, The Exorcist and The Shining, the latter of which is another Mount Everest of the haunted house movie. I loved the way that Kubrick had such control over the big sets he used, and how much big production value there was. I think people are getting used to horror subjects done as found footage or B-value budgets. I wanted this to feel like a throwback.

http://screenrant.com/charlie-hunnam-guillermo-del-toro-crimson-peak/  

OMG Guillermo trying for something like The Shining or The Exorcist... I love horror classics like that. This sounds so amazing. Too bad it isn't slated til October 2015.

I'm not usually into celeb guys but this one does it for me for some reason. I'm glad he dropped out of 50 Shades. I don't think he needed it to be successful and it had the potential to taint/pigeonhole his career. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice shots, thank you, Shepard!

Charlie shot a Calvin Klein commercial for a new woman's fragrance with Doutzen Kroes. I can't post links with this browser for some reason. Here's a few stills from her thread. I think the whole commercial's been uploaded to youtube too.

post-44859-0-98905300-1405553148_thumb.j

post-44859-0-17851000-1405553260_thumb.j

post-44859-0-42418900-1405553312_thumb.j

post-44859-0-63668300-1405553397_thumb.j

post-44859-0-47298600-1405553439_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...