Bellazon

News

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
VS FASHION SHOW PREP: ALESSANDRA AMBROSIO

Harper’s BAZAAR: Tell us about your looks for the show.

Alessandra Ambrosio: I have three outfits, and one is Birds of Paradise, so it’s all about birds and feathers, and it’s a really beautiful piece. The next one that I have is Shipwrecked, and it’s a boat crashing on an island, it’s this beautiful, sexy kind of mermaid girl, which I love. There are beautiful crystals on me, and of course, beautiful lingerie. And this is my third look, which is Parisian Nights.

HB: You started walking the VS shows 12 seasons ago. How has it evolved?

AA: Every year is more. Like last year was crazy, but then they always somehow top it, and the ideas get bigger and bolder, and there’s performances every year, so this year we’re going to have a lot of performances, but it’s still all a surprise. But I think it’s about the girls during the show, that’s the difference between each season.

HB: It really looks like you guys are having fun up there. Are you?

AA: Yeah, we do. Well, we get to prepare for a long time before, but I feel like when it’s show day, that’s when you get loose and you need to have fun and not worry about anything. Worry until the day before, but the day-of you just have to enjoy the moment.

HB: The fittings feel very collaborative. How is it working with Victoria’s Secret in this process? Do you feel very a part of it?

AA: Well, it’s a big surprise when we come here, because we don’t really know what to expect each year… We work with the lingerie all year long, but the idea for the show is as surprising for us as it is to the public that’s watching us—and that’s I think one of the nice things about it. Then you get here and you see the inspirations and the themes and what we get to wear and it just makes it fun, seeing the whole creative aspect of the show, so we can start really preparing our minds for the show.

HB: Have you become close with the other girls?

AA: Yeah, a lot of the girls I don’t really know right now, but all of the Angels were just in Paris shooting a commercial. So that was really fun, we had a great time. We were shooting all night long. So it’s fun to be able to all be together. And especially after we do hair and makeup, that’s when we all go change and get ready, and that’s when the fun part starts.

HB: Do you still get nervous before a show?

AA: Right now I’m very comfortable because I just love all of this, I love to be here, I love be backstage, I love to see the outfits for the first time and the whole idea of the show. So definitely when the music starts and the show begins, that’s when you get those little nerves. But it’s a good nervous.

HB: In terms of prep and working out, obviously you have to stay in shape all year—is there anything special that you do coming into the show?

AA: Well, I think that you have to workout extra before the show, especially ten days before the show, I try to really work out every day. Usually I’ll do like three times a week, but before the show, a good six days minimum. I’ll do Pilates, or some cardio. Running after my kids is the best cardio, and the most fun.

HB: Tell us more about the wings overall, what are some of the toughest you’ve had?

AA: Well, some of them are all the way to the floor. Usually they can be tricky. I’ve had a few that of those, and sometimes when you turn… it’s a bit of work.

HB: It’s a skill set.

AA: Yeah, it is.

^ Article

Perhaps you caught a glimpse of Alessandra Ambrosio wearing her amazing Sass & Bide sweater in New York this week.  Well, it just happens to be one of her favorite fall items.  Curious about her other autumn staples?  You’re in luck.  Before leaving for the East Coast, Alessandra invited us to check out her personal closet.  She shared her must-haves for this season and some styling tips so you can try her look.

http://abyafashionblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/first1.jpg?w=500&h=369

1. Her Leather Jacket

Alessandra loves her Anine Bing leather, moto jacket.  Perfect with a pair of jeans or over a lacy dress.  Here, Alessandra paired it with a dusty rose colored tee, layering chunky gold and 20s-inspired beaded necklaces for a hint of glamour.  She’s also been spotted wearing the jacket in a très stylish, black and white ensemble.

post-56515-0-14007500-1384021437_thumb.jpost-56515-0-49601200-1384021437_thumb.jpost-56515-0-06957100-1384021438_thumb.j

2. Her Jeans

A great pair of jeans is a must in any gal’s closet.  Alessandra’s go-to?  Wildfox’s acid wash, skinny jeans.  This pair of denim makes your butt look VS Angel ah-mazing.

post-56515-0-27905300-1384021462_thumb.jpost-56515-0-84729600-1384021475_thumb.j

3. Her Sweater 

Some celebs might wear something once and you’ll never see it on them again.  Don’t count Alessandra among them.  She appreciates great clothes, like her Sass & Bide black and white knit sweater.  As soon as she picked it out of her closet, Alessandra declared, “You will definitely see me in this.”  And we did.  In NYC, she took her look from beach casual to East Coast chic pairing the sweater with leather track pants, heels, a fur vest and her to-die-for abs.

post-56515-0-99043400-1384021507_thumb.jpost-56515-0-46979200-1384021508_thumb.jpost-56515-0-85536600-1384021508_thumb.j

4. Her Boots & Hat

It’s what you need when you want to look pulled together, but don’t have time–motorcycle boots and a good wool hat.  These two items, as Alessandra has demonstrated from pumpkin patches to airports, can keep you stylish fall through winter.  Her favorite this season includes the Saint Laurent signature rangers studded boots.

post-56515-0-58616300-1384021587_thumb.jpost-56515-0-00304800-1384021588_thumb.jpost-56515-0-47943700-1384021588_thumb.jpost-56515-0-01365000-1384021589_thumb.jpost-56515-0-44447600-1384021589_thumb.jpost-56515-0-41181600-1384021604_thumb.jpost-56515-0-87312300-1384021604_thumb.j

5. Her Dress

We haven’t seen Alessandra rock this yet, but we can’t wait!  Her fifth fall must-have is a gorgeous Isabel Marant, floor-length dress.  Here she accessorized the dress with the same beaded, 20s-inspired necklace she used with her leather jacket.  Pure perfection.

post-56515-0-10610900-1384021648_thumb.jpost-56515-0-59124800-1384021648_thumb.jpost-56515-0-00032800-1384021649_thumb.j

Edited by PinkCouture

ále by Alessandra

International Fashion Icon Alessandra Ambrosio Enters into Licensed Partnership with Cherokee, Inc.

International Fashion Icon Alessandra Ambrosio Enters into Licensed Partnership with Cherokee, Inc. for World-Wide Fashion Lifestyle Brand

SHERMAN OAKS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Alessandra Ambrosio, along with Silver Sunrise, LLC, announces an exclusive partnership with global brand management company, Cherokee Inc. (NAS: CHKE) to market and license, ále by Alessandra, a new lifestyle brand. The brand, designed and curated by Ambrosio, will debut with a women's apparel collection.

Alessandra Ambrosio - ále by Alessandra lifestyle brand (Photo: Business Wire)

"I am extremely excited to develop and design a brand representative of my life, experiences and style. Working closely with Cherokee will help establish a worldwide presence with best-in-class retailers and category leaders," said Ambrosio.

"The Cherokee Group has had a tremendous year, both domestically and abroad, including growth of the namesake Cherokee-brand, the acquisition of Liz Lange and now an exclusive partnership with Alessandra Ambrosio," commented Cherokee Inc. Chief Executive Officer Henry Stupp. "Alessandra is an international icon, a confident, active professional and is known around the world for her amazing fashion sense. Our global sales team and professional brand managers are thrilled to be working with Alessandra and Silver Sunrise, LLC to build a successful fashion lifestyle brand," Stupp said.

With fifteen years of fashion experience and learning from the industry's best, Alessandra has an innate understanding of what appeals to women worldwide: "I have been lucky enough to work with the world's best designers and top stylists - who have been my mentors," said Ambrosio.

Known for her work with Victoria's Secret, Ambrosio has a global fashion presence that includes numerous international covers including Vogue, Elle and Harper's Bazaar, advertising campaigns and runway appearances. Her effortless, bohemian-chic personal style is followed by the world's press.

Alessandra brings a decidedly unique perspective to the collection. Her years of experience working at the forefront of fashion have provided her with firsthand knowledge of trends, fits and fabrics. Of equal influence to her personal style have been her roles as a career woman and mother of two, as well as her Brazilian heritage. Combining all of these attributes, the ále by Alessandra collection is always fashionable and functional, stylish and effortless, and reflects a love of color, femininity and understated sensuality.

ále by Alessandra will include bohemian-styled feminine jackets, dresses, blouses, leggings and denim in bright colors and one-of-a-kind prints with embellished details. The collection's creative and quality designs are slated to debut in specialty and department stores for 2014.

About Cherokee Inc.

Cherokee Inc. is a global marketer and manager of a portfolio of Fashion and Lifestyle brands including Cherokee®, Carole Little®, Liz Lange® and Sideout®, in multiple consumer product categories and sectors around the world. The Company's annual global retail sales of owned brands are approaching $2 billion with license agreements with premier retailers and manufacturers covering over 40 countries around the world including Target Stores (U.S.), Tesco (U.K., Ireland and certain Central European countries), Zellers (Canada), RT-Mart (Peoples Republic of China), Pick 'n Pay (South Africa), Falabella (Chile, Peru and Colombia), Arvind Mills (India and certain Middle Eastern countries), Shufersal LTD. (Israel), Comercial Mexicana (Mexico), Eroski (Spain), Nishimatsuya (Japan), Magnit (Russia), Landmark Group's Max Stores (certain Middle East and North Africa countries), and the TJX Companies (U.S., Canada and Europe).

About Silver Sunrise LLC:

Silver Sunrise, LLC is the intellectual property management company owned in partnership with Alessandra Ambrosio. The Company is focused on developing, designing, marketing and licensing the ále by Alessandra lifestyle brand throughout the world.

Source: dailyfinance.com / fool.com

post-56515-0-06863300-1384806062_thumb.jpost-1-0-95915000-1360082343_thumb.pngpost-1-0-87317800-1360082345_thumb.jpgpost-1-0-36427600-1360082503_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Plastic surgery freaks me out!' Victoria's Secret Angel Alessandra Ambrosio reveals how a botched ear pinning procedure put her off going under the knife

Victoria's Secret Angel Alessandra Ambrosio has told how she is 'freaked out' by cosmetic surgery after a botched ear pinning procedure left her in severe pain.

The brunette beauty told Net-A-Porter's The Edit that she went under the knife at the age of 11 because she dreamed of being a model and didn't like the way her ears 'stuck out'.

However, the doctor who she found in her hometown of Erechim, Brazil, had only carried out the surgery once before and the second attempt did not go as planned.

Recalling the harrowing experience, Ms Ambrosio, now 32, said: 'I was a guinea pig. The first few nights, it felt like someone had cut off my ears.

'For a year, I had to go back for mini-surgeries. Doctors say they can fix them, but cosmetic surgery freaks me out now.'

In a bid to hide her ears, she now often wears her long hair down

Running on the theme of body insecurities, the 5ft 9in model also opened up about weight gain after the birth of her first child, Anja, in 2008.

'People kept telling me that I would bounce back straight away, but a week after giving birth I still had that balloon belly,' she recalled.

Before . . . if I gained one or two pounds I would just eat salad and it would be OK. But when I got pregnant . . . I really went for it with food. I gained 60lbs, so I had a lot to lose'

She said that with the annual Victoria's Secret Fashion Show looming, she felt under pressure to slim down and for the 'first time' in her life decided to diet.

'It was 1,500 calories a day as I was breastfeeding,' she said of the calorie-controlled meal-delivery service she signed up for.

As well as cutting her food intake Ms Ambrosio also started seeing a personal trainer six times a week.

And all of the hard work paid off, because after three months she was back on the catwalk strutting her toned stomach in a mix of lingerie.

Now back to her target weight, after having another child, Noah, in 2012, Ms Ambrosio keeps in shape by doing yoga three times a week, along with Pilates.

With her failed cosmetic surgery experience as a child, she clearly prefers enhancing her body the natural way.

Ms Ambrosio, who currently lives in Los Angeles with her businessman fiance, Jamie Mazur, isn't the first star to regret dabbling in surgery at a young age.

When speaking about the breast implants she got at 19, Denise Richards said: 'I wish that I was confident enough with my body to not have had surgery.'

Carmen Electra, Courtney Love and Kourtney Kardashian have also expressed remorse about their nips and tucks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alessandra Ambrosio cambia la pasarela por el cine

La modelo brasileña encarnará el papel de la novia del joven magnate italiano Alessandro Proto; el rodaje de la película comenzará en diciembre próximo y la cinta será lanzada en el verano de 2016

La modelo brasileña Alessandra Ambrosio cambiará las pasarelas por el plató cinematográfico para rodar una película inspirada en la vida del multimillonario italiano Alessandro Proto, informó hoy la productora. El rodaje de la película comenzará en diciembre próximo y la cinta será lanzada en el verano de 2016, de acuerdo con un comunicado de Focus Features, sociedad del grupo Paramount, remitido a Efe. Ambrosio encarnará el papel de la novia del joven magnate y agente inmobiliario Alessandro Proto, que a su vez estará interpretado por el actor Channing Tatum.

Para la prestigiosa modelo y ángel de Victoria's Secret, será la primera experiencia cinematográfica como protagonista.