Bellazon

The Political Correctness Haters' Club

Sarah.Adams

"White Victimization" ... lol I can't wait to see the same "hilarious" humour for the Black Victimization, Muslim Victimization, Jewish Victimization, and every other kind of nowadays victimizations ... 

But yes, PC police is so courageous, and neutral, that they will wait a bit. 

14 hours ago, jj3 said:

"White Victimization" ... lol I can't wait to see the same "hilarious" humour for the Black Victimization, Muslim Victimization, Jewish Victimization, and every other kind of nowadays victimizations ... 

But yes, PC police is so courageous, and neutral, that they will wait a bit. 

Well, he must be one of the few men who sold underage girls into sexual slavery to have a national holiday devoted to him.

3 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Well, he must be one of the few men who sold underage girls into sexual slavery to have a national holiday devoted to him.

...In the name of Spanish Crown, of course, Colombus is one of the worse, and of course colonialism is a crime, but admit it, it's unfair to blame the current generations for that. 

Arabs are to blame the same for slavery. EVERY civilizations has commited crimes through the History. And continue in the same way nowadays. 

The fact, medias are erecting a tribunal, who they are judges and juries is illegal. The mediacracy is an imposture. This world knows no heroes, no white angels. This world is not manichean. 

11 hours ago, jj3 said:

The fact, medias are erecting a tribunal, who they are judges and juries is illegal. The mediacracy is an imposture. This world knows no heroes, no white angels. This world is not manichean. 

Yup. Mediacracy is the worst. It's like idiocracy, except that medias think that they do it the smart way... They use scientific veneer as a magical product to convert opinion into facts. Then, they just add a little drop of "we're the elite" and another one of "my neighbour is a dummy", and they can live a life full of certainties with good and evil (such a comforting feeling :rofl:).

For the quote lovers: "Such philosopher will love the Tartars to avoid loving their neighbour" (by Rousseau. He's not always my cup of tea, but I like this one:rofl:)

Thankfully, there are some great medias/newspapers (usually the local newspapers are pretty good). It's just that there are fewer and fewer...

I have a journalist friend. He was doing a great job in a local newspaper, then one day he was hired by a "super big" famous newspaper and he changed a lot... He became like a pilgrim trying to convince everybody of all sort of theories. For example, he never understood anything in economics, but one day he came with all these certainties claiming that one of his brilliant colleagues explained him everything and that now it's as clear as crystal  (truth is he just listenned to a suit and repeated words he found fancy :rofl:)

He's still a nice and funny friend though. Hopefully, the big-headed phase will be transient.

13 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

Yup. Mediacracy is the worst. It's like idiocracy, except that medias think that they do it the smart way... They use scientific veneer as a magical product to convert opinion into facts. Then, they just add a little drop of "we're the elite" and another one of "my neighbour is a dummy", and they can live a life full of certainties with good and evil (such a comforting feeling :rofl:).

Thankfully, there are some great medias/newspapers (usually the local newspapers are pretty good). It's just that there are fewer and fewer...

I agree. But that world is made to make people living the time T. Politicians are the same, they work on the moment, in emergency. People and elites especially don't think in perspective anymore. 

Mass medias, money erected as a value are to blame for that. The bad educational system too. Yesterday like today, local elites and globalized elites in a larger extent enjoy that system, and organize it. 
The futur is now seen by modest people more like a problem than a solution or a reason to hope. Tomorrow is another reason to be anxious. 

That's a vicious circle, that a few of us are taking advantage from, on the long term this time, of course. 

21 hours ago, jj3 said:

What is happening in Catalonia is pretty dramatic.

Viva La Unita De Espana ! 

Long-standing mutual resentment fueled by the irresponsible behavior by both the Catalonian and Spanish central government.

They have now escalated the situation to a point where something will have to give.

Either Rajoy doubles down on the repression or he does major concessions in terms of more autonomy to avoid an actual split of the country.

I dislike it when people get fired for saying stupid things.  

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/cbs-fires-legal-exec-las-vegas-1202578075/

CBS has fired a legal executive who took to social media Monday morning with harsh words for the victims of one of the worst mass shootings in U.S. history.

Hayley Geftman-Gold, a VP and senior counsel in strategic transactions at CBS wrote on Facebook Monday just hours after a shooting in Las Vegas at a country-music festival left at least 58 dead and hundreds more injured, “If they wouldn’t do anything when children were murdered I have no hope that Repugs will ever do the right thing. I’m actually not even sympathetic bc country music fans are often republican gun toters.”

52 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

I dislike it when people get fired for saying stupid things.  

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/cbs-fires-legal-exec-las-vegas-1202578075/

I agree with you: I'm often very uncomfortable when people get fired for what they say (even if it's stupid).

Still, this woman was very disrespectful (to say the least) and her words were quite stupid: she said that because people were supposedly republicans, she doesn't care! I don't like this kind of thoughts because it basically means "they are not on my side, so they are evil; thus anything can happen to them" (worse: they were "supposedly" not on her side!)

12 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

I agree with you: I'm often very uncomfortable when people get fired for what they say (even if it's stupid).

Still, this woman was very disrespectful (to say the least) and her words were quite stupid: she said that because people were supposedly republicans, she doesn't care! I don't like this kind of thoughts because it basically means "they are not on my side, so they are evil; thus anything can happen to them" (worse: they were "supposedly" not on her side!)

This atrocity only reached the consciousness of people on the east coast very early in the morning'..

to me it sounds like she woke up, saw this stuff, then by reflex (she's a partisan hater)- she posted a dumb, half-awake comment.  I can imagine her taking her coffee and going to work.  Then boom! Fired.

This happens quite frequently.  Use social media at your own peril!

4 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

There was an bank robbery about 10 years ago that was quite dramatic.  The two men were covered in body armor and carried AK style weapons with large capacity drum mags.  They overpowered a lot of the police officers.  

But this one is insane.  How could one shooter inflict this many casualties?  In WW2 there were Medal of Honor medals given to machinegunners that claimed to have shot 50 enemies.  This figure is approaching 600.  The news is currently saying that he used 18-20 firearms.

5 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

But this one is insane.  How could one shooter inflict this many casualties?  In WW2 there were Medal of Honor medals given to machinegunners that claimed to have shot 50 enemies.  This figure is approaching 600.  The news is currently saying that he used 18-20 firearms.

I imagine it is much easier to shoot into a crowd of people, especially at the start when they are all grouped together enjoying a concert. Even when he missed, he probably shot someone.