Bellazon

The Political Correctness Haters' Club

Sarah.Adams

36 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

The problem is that it is unlikely that Ukraine/NATO will win the war.  They won the war in the area of propaganda but not on the battlefield.

It might be better if Russia wins the war.  They would inherit a poison chalice (Ukraine) and will be absorbed, dealing with this disaster zone's problems.  

If Russia win they will continue with large scale war crimes and de facto acts of genocide, how is that good for anyone?

And why would anyone assume that Putin would be content with just Ukraine or some chunks of Ukraine?

48 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

If that's your definition of invasion, then the USA have already invaded Belgium. Qatar and Saudi Arabia have invaded Belgium. China has invaded most European countries.

So we agree, dirty influence money from authoritarian regimes pouring into democracies is bad for those democracies.

The only thing I don't get is why I should be any more or less worried about Russian money than Chinese or Saudi money (to give just two of your examples).

50 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

And they most probably blew up Nord Stream (though it's difficult to prove) which will harm Europe this winter.

Europe will suffer because Putin used gas supply as a way to blackmail us into submission.

He had already reduced the flow to a trickle of its previous volumes long before the pipeline was blown up. The reason why the market reaction to the pipeline destruction wasn't much more vast was precisely because so little gas was still moving across them anyway.

6 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

LOL. You accuse me of putting words in your mouth and then I get this kind of bullshit in return. Thanks.

You provably put words in my mouth several times. It's a fact, not an accusation.

You defend CNN (and the American media)'s narrrative. You rejoice to see the entertainment industry being infected by woke obsessions (race swapping, gender swapping). You bully people who don't believe these same things. That's fair to say you're under the influence of the woke's soft power (which is American soft power).

Bush's America and the military industrial complex tried bullying and intimidating people. But under Biden, the military industrial complex has hidden under the Woke cult. That seems to be more effective, but more pernicious as well.

So we agree, dirty influence money from authoritarian regimes pouring into democracies is bad for those democracies.

Yes. The money and influence of ineffective democracies as well.

The only thing I don't get is why I should be any more or less worried about Russian money than Chinese or Saudi money (to give just two of your examples).

You should be worried about all of them.

Russia and China's threat have the same nature. Both of them use their money to buy politicians and help their foreign interests. Their influence is limited to circles of power and economic ownership. It's very dangerous, but the reach is limited to powerful people.

Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Turkey's money want to reach us culturally and they target broader masses. They try to export their values together with their money.  In their values, women are treated as inferior, they should be with hijab or burqa, they execute homosexuals and they despise our views of the world. They respect power relationship and despise signs of weaknesses.

I can talk about the American Woke's reach (they fall under the "ineffective democracy" category IMO). It's a mix of all the above. They have influence over the powerful people and the masses. They export their values as well, which implies distrust between the sexes, obsession with race, communitarianism,  self loathing, etc.

American's influence was less harmful in the 90s. They didn't have as much influence over our economies and their cultural products were saner. They weren't under the influence of their Woke Cult.

1 hour ago, Enrico_sw said:

I can talk about the American Woke's reach (they fall under the "ineffective democracy" category IMO). It's a mix of all the above. They have influence over the powerful people and the masses. They export their values as well, which implies distrust between the sexes, obsession with race, communitarianism,  self loathing, etc.

American's influence was less harmful in the 90s. They didn't have as much influence over our economies and their cultural products were saner. They weren't under the influence of their Woke Cult.

Oh and I haven't forgotten about how Alstom (French strategic energy company) was dismantled by General Electric with the help of the government of the USA. "Our masters are sooo nice with us".... :rolleyes:

https://www.usinenouvelle.com/editorial/frederic-pierucci-sacrifie-par-alstom-instrument-de-ge.N795725

https://www.lemonde.fr/m-le-mag/article/2019/02/15/tombe-pour-alstom-frederic-pierucci-veut-sauver-l-industrie-francaise_5423916_4500055.html

https://www.francetvinfo.fr/economie/entreprises/rachat-d-alstom/video-un-ex-cadre-victime-collaterale-de-la-vente-d-alstom-raconte-sa-descente-aux-enfers-dans-affaires-sensibles_4821183.html

And I haven't forgotten how the US government (under the so nice Joe Biden) has sabotaged the French industry by cancelling the deal we had with Australia on submarines.

"Our masters are sooo nice" :ninja:

^ There are hundreds of examples like that. But people are free to believe that the American gov't is a bunch of nice guys who only want to help Europe and be nice to everybody.

The hair-sniffing Joe Biden is such a nice guy... he's definitely not senile and he takes all the decisions. :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Europe will suffer because Putin used gas supply as a way to blackmail us into submission.

Yes. So you agree with Trump who said this back in 2018. I didn't know you were MAGA ;)

Trump lashes Germany over gas pipeline deal, calls it Russia's 'captive'

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nato-summit-pipeline-idUSKBN1K10VI

9 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

You provably put words in my mouth several times. It's a fact, not an accusation.

You defend CNN (and the American media)'s narrrative. You rejoice to see the entertainment industry being infected by woke obsessions (race swapping, gender swapping). You bully people who don't believe these same things. That's fair to say you're under the influence of the woke's soft power (which is American soft power).

Bush's America and the military industrial complex tried bullying and intimidating people. But under Biden, the military industrial complex has hidden under the Woke cult. That seems to be more effective, but more pernicious as well.

LOL! When have I defended CNN? I don't even remember ever mentioning CNN in any discussion. I never watch CNN. Probably haven't in over twenty years.

For someone who gets so mad about people putting words in your mouth, you seem pretty cavalier about doing it yourself.

And not caring about the whole drama about race swapping and gender swapping isn't the same as "rejoicing". I just don't give a single fuck about it. I have better things to do with my time.

8 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

Yes. So you agree with Trump who said this back in 2018. I didn't know you were MAGA ;)

LOL! As if it was an original idea of Trump's that Europe's dependence on Russian gas was  problematic. This has been a discussion for literal decades, with many other European countries criticizing Germany for their choices. In truth it's not hard to see how that happened, Putin bought lots of soft power by reeling in the likes of Schröder & co.

That's why it's dangerous to allow Russian money to pour into our democracies, as I stated some posts back.

8 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

^ There are hundreds of examples like that. But people are free to believe that the American gov't is a bunch of nice guys who only want to help Europe and be nice to everybody.

The hair-sniffing Joe Biden is such a nice guy... he's definitely not senile and he takes all the decisions. :rolleyes:

Sigh. It's not about the illusion of the U.S. being perfect or the U.S. not serving their own interests. Obviously they are doing some war profiteering with their gas deliveries to the EU as well.

But can any sane person truly say they would rather live under the sphere of influence of Russia than of the U.S.? I know which of the two I prefer.

22 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

The problem is that it is unlikely that Ukraine/NATO will win the war.  They won the war in the area of propaganda but not on the battlefield.

It might be better if Russia wins the war.  They would inherit a poison chalice (Ukraine) and will be absorbed, dealing with this disaster zone's problems.  

Its quite hilarious you say this just as Russia has been pushed back on multiple fronts undoing all of their gains in sq km in the past year. Objectively Russia has already lost this war, they have no reached any of the initial goals they had and now they are an international pariah and they have two future NATO members in Europe one which is yet another that will be on their border. In addition to that CSTO is falling apart with Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan going war, and the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict heating up with Armenia invoking its defensive alliance all of it with crickets from Russia. Additionally as I pointed out Ukraine has achieved victory on the battlefield, they have stopped the Russians from taking Donbas, they stopped the Russians from taking Kharkiv and actually pushed them out of the Oblast all together, including in the initial stage where the Russians where kicked out of the Sumy, Chernihiv, and Kyiv.

From the Russian perspective this war is Operation Ukrainee Freedom, Brother war.  The Russian goal is to eliminate Ukrainian state and culture, and integrate them into the federation.

As a consequence,  they used only an expeditionary force and did not use many weapons, like high powered FOAB and strategic bombing that could kill hundreds of thousands of civilians.   The war is also managed politically, with baby steps like Putin managed the second Chechen war.  Now the Russian people are annoyed at situation in Ukraine and Putin finally got the domestic support for escalation that he wanted all along.  The worse the war goes for Russia, the more they will escalate.

The Russians have not used vast majority of their air force or their 2 million reservists in this war yet (10% active in the American sense).  They also have been collecting tens of thousands of volunteers for half a year.  Their air force presence has actually increased, not decreased.  The Russians also have not played hardball against Ukrainian civilians yet.  They only recently started attacking Ukraine's power grid, with Zelensky claiming 40% of it is now damaged.  Winter is coming and many Ukrainians will die, especially senior citizens.

The Russians have not used much chemical/biological weapons or tactical nuclear weapons either to inflict mass civilian and military deaths.

They have begun the first wave of partial mobilization, using units withdrawn from the Ukraine in April-August 2022.  On the other hand, Ukraine has done many mobilizations already.   Russian AFVs and missiles continue to flow around Russia and Ukraine as they conduct large scale maneuvers (like the big Volstok maneuver with the Chinese army recently).  It is likely that the reservists and volunteers will be used to generate 3 additional infantry battalions per brigade per army doctrine.  The Russian army now has approx. 370,000 additional troops slated to be used in the Ukraine, earliest at the end of 2022 and more likely in 2023.

And if this does not work, they can do more mobilizations of reservists.  

The 'best case' scenario now is a weakened Russia but a long term Cold War II.  Wonderful!

24 minutes ago, Sensual said:

Its quite hilarious you say this just as Russia has been pushed back on multiple fronts undoing all of their gains in sq km in the past year. Objectively Russia has already lost this war, they have no reached any of the initial goals they had and now they are an international pariah and they have two future NATO members in Europe one which is yet another that will be on their border. In addition to that CSTO is falling apart with Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan going war, and the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict heating up with Armenia invoking its defensive alliance all of it with crickets from Russia. Additionally as I pointed out Ukraine has achieved victory on the battlefield, they have stopped the Russians from taking Donbas, they stopped the Russians from taking Kharkiv and actually pushed them out of the Oblast all together, including in the initial stage where the Russians where kicked out of the Sumy, Chernihiv, and Kyiv.

Ukraine has less than mediocre military performance.  They have 700,000-600,000 troops yet fail to eject 200,000-150,000 Russian and separatist troops from their territory.  

The performance of their propaganda, however, is extraordinary.