Bellazon

The Political Correctness Haters' Club

Sarah.Adams

On 11/12/2022 at 10:46 AM, SympathysSilhouette said:

Your definition of "progressive" must be different from mine. All the ones I know hate his guts for not paying any taxes and how he treats the Amazon employees.

I don't like boxes for individuals, but to depict a social phenomenon it could be useful.

“Progressives” have evolved a lot in the past years. Here's what a “2022 internet progressive” typically is (it's a schematic view, but broadly accurate):

- they don't listen to other people's opinions

- they want centralisation of powers, so they love gurus (political, economical, etc.) as long as they promote their cult (far left extremism has always been like that)

- they think that any change they propose is a progress (which is quite arrogant)

- what they propose is often regressive

- they promote hate towards their neighbours and hide it as love for protected figures

- they promote gender and sex obsession as a new way of redemption (which is hidden racism and sexism)

(if you've been through there, it means you've read my post this time, so thanks for that :Amelie_wft:)

Just now, Enrico_sw said:

- they promote hate towards their neighbours and hide it as love for protected figures

Jean-Jacques Rousseau already depicted this phenomenon, centuries ago, when he criticized those philosophers "who will love the Tartars in order to avoid loving their neighbour." :Amelie_wft:

For the 2022 leftists, "every step that you take is another mistake to them". And we're always "caught in the undertow, just caught in the undertow".

"Can't they see that they're smothering us? Holding too tightly, afraid to lose control?" :Amelie_wft:

Remember Nancy Pelosi's Losing Nvidia Trade? Here's Why It Was A Winner In The End.

https://www.benzinga.com/news/22/09/28723778/remember-nancy-pelosis-losing-nvidia-trade-it-actually-was-a-winner-heres-why

Leftists can't hate rich people, because... they are the rich people (and lots of them are scammers, it's been the case since the beginning of left wing extremism).

Stalin was a bank robber.

That's what the UN thinks. 90% of journalists killed are men, but the UN wants the criminals to stop targeting women journalists :ermm: (they don't give a shit about men's lives).

BTW, real humanists (aka not the UN and the Wokistan) would want to prevent the death of anyone (men, women, journalists or not).

912802648_UNWomenjournalist.thumb.jpg.7fd383c16d01bbd5179d4e7496b0694d.jpg

On 11/12/2022 at 3:32 PM, Enrico_sw said:

I don't like boxes for individuals, but to depict a social phenomenon it could be useful.

“Progressives” have evolved a lot in the past years. Here's what a “2022 internet progressive” typically is (it's a schematic view, but broadly accurate):

- they don't listen to other people's opinions

- they want centralisation of powers, so they love gurus (political, economical, etc.) as long as they promote their woke cult (far left extremism has always been like that)

- they think that any change they propose is a progress (which is quite arrogant)

- what they propose is often regressive

- they promote gender and sex obsession as a new way of redemption (which is hidden racism and sexism)

(if you've been through there, it means you've read my post this time, so thanks for that :Amelie_wft:)

Oh and another key one:

=> "progressives" (regressives) are those who want to infect and destroy our favorite IPs (like Star Wars, Star Trek, Terminator, etc.). That's the thing I dislike the most about them.

"Progressivism" is the ideology of the richest. It's the ideology of those who have power and who use it to maintain their power.

Have Democrats Become the Party of the Rich?

https://www.thenation.com/article/society/democrats-rich-party-obama/

On 11/12/2022 at 9:51 AM, Enrico_sw said:

If you want a simpler definition of a 2022 neo-leftist, look at the bottom "good times create weak men, who then create hard times".

https://www.bellazon.com/main/uploads/monthly_2022_11/623502144_Strongmen2.jpg.bd4b4248617e09c1109e591e10aaec7b.jpg

I still don't understand why the current left wants WW3 with Russia so bad.  Pretty weird state of affairs, and weird also in the ideological sense.

Russia is currently training half a million reservists/volunteers for the Ukraine...

19 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

I still don't understand why the current left wants WW3 with Russia so bad.  Pretty weird state of affairs, and weird also in the ideological sense.

Russia is currently training half a million reservists/volunteers for the Ukraine...

I have hard times understanding politics today.

Not that it was perfectly logical before, but at least there was some sort of reasoning behind things.

14 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

I have hard times understanding politics today.

Not that it was perfectly logical before, but at least there was some sort of reasoning behind things.

The interest in waging war with Russia is a total 180 from their anti-war/world peace stance during the Iraq war.  They were less critical of the war in Afghanistan.

The Russians blew the bridges across the Dniprio (Kherson West bank) and evacuated circa 20,000 elite troops, which will deployed elsewhere.  The Ukrainians will also will re-deploy their Kherson forces to other fronts.  The war is now moving East and focused on the Z-Oblast and the Donbass now. 

Russia has given up the shortest path to taking Odessa Oblast, any attempt to get this province would require a general Westward advance with a second invasion of Ukraine and a much larger people's army.  They would have to advance North from Z-Oblast and then advance west.  I think they gave up this objective as early as May 2022 when they focused on the Donbass.  Their primary goal remains the destruction of the Ukrainian army.

Russia has stepped it up in the Donbass/Z-Oblast for a week now and the attacks are back up to August 2022 levels. The Ukrainians, two days ago also made general attacks on the Northern front.  The gains on both sides are pretty glacial but the Russian gains are greater.

Russia's military districts are extremely active in training 400,000 troops right now.  They have sent around 100,000 men to Ukraine, with half in combat units, mostly training in the rear areas.  Russian defense industry is also in the process of mobilization.  The Russian federal government allocated 5 trillion rubles for Defense 2023.  They spent 4.679 trillion rubles in 2022.

A major signal for the second invasion IMHO is when they complete their large scale maneuvers in Belarus, which they announced a few weeks ago.  

It is interesting how they are having parades in Kherson city- when it is obvious that the Russians can shoot artillery and missiles.  Maybe there is some sort of deal between the two sides.

9 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

The interest in waging war with Russia is a total 180 from their anti-war/world peace stance during the Iraq war.  They were less critical of the war in Afghanistan.

I don't get it either. I try to find logical explanations but it's weird.

Maybe it's nostalgia from the intelligence agencies after the cold war :idk:  Or just a way to find transcendence in a deeply empty era.

Apart from that, I have absolutely no idea.

Joe Biden mixes up Cambodia and Colombia in latest high-profile gaffe

The slip-up comes just weeks after Mr Biden made a blunder during a speech when he asked if a deceased congresswoman was in the audience.

https://news.sky.com/story/joe-biden-mixes-up-cambodia-and-colombia-in-latest-high-profile-gaffe-12745370

I feel bad for the guy, but it's not a good look for the US. Democracy in the USA looks like a puppet show.

One of the best definition of today's "progressives" comes from Nassim Nicholas Taleb (one of the most genius minds of our times):

The Intellectual Yet Idiot

What we have been seeing worldwide, from India to the UK to the US, is the rebellion against the inner circle of no-skin-in-the-game policymaking “clerks” and journalists-insiders, that class of paternalistic semi-intellectual experts with some Ivy league, Oxford-Cambridge, or similar label-driven education who are telling the rest of us 1) what to do, 2) what to eat, 3) how to speak, 4) how to think… and 5) who to vote for.

https://nassimtaleb.org/2016/09/intellectual-yet-idiot/

28 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

I don't get it either. I try to find logical explanations but it's weird.

Maybe it's nostalgia from the intelligence agencies after the cold war :idk:  Or just a way to find transcendence in a deeply empty era.

Apart from that, I have absolutely no idea.

I think it has to do with the desire of war mongers/defense industry shrills to find their next enemy after the US was defeated in the middle east.  First the evil empire was Russia, then it was radical islam.  Now it's Russia again.  It's big business, the past two decades cost the US tax payer many trillions of dollars.

The popular interest in making Russia the 'new generational enemy' started in 2014 with Crimea and seemed to escalate with Russian inference with the election of Trump, and Trump being a fan of Putin.  Then the US withdrawal from Afghanistan took the middle east off the agenda.

The problem is, being into waging war against the middle east is one thing, screwing around with Russia- who is much more dangerous- is another.  It's like playing with fire.

The odd part is the liberals are really getting into it.