Bellazon

General Discussion

Neo52285

she NEVER offered to let me buy one and there were none on the counter,(  but I did see them in a box behind her and simply waited for an offer that never came).

If I really wanted a catalog, I would have offered to buy one instead of waiting for the saleswoman to offer one to me. But, I understand that everyone's not me, so... I guess that's a moot point.

I didn't have time to tell her how crappy it felt to spend that much money and not get a cheap $5.00 catalog for ONCE.

Better luck next time, I suppose.

If I really wanted a catalog, I would have offered to buy one instead of waiting for the saleswoman to offer one to me. But, I understand that everyone's not me, so... I guess that's a moot point.

Better luck next time, I suppose.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if $350 bucks doesn't inspire a VS employee to provide greater customer service, then I dont know what will. All she did was keep me from coming home, falling in love w/ stuff that I dont see in the store and keep me from spending more.....

Well, I've never heard or witnessed that breasts still grow at the age of 18-20! I think that is impossible. And since that time her breasts seem bigger. If she didn't have a surgery it must be photoshop.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Impossible? I don't think so. Although this obviously doesn't apply to Adriana, there have been cases where a very restricted diet as a teenager can prevent people reaching full physical maturity until their early 20s. Also, I don't think that surgery and Photoshop are the only reasons someone's breast size can vary. The other reasons are: the monthly fluctuations in the levels of estrogen and progesterone, the skills of photographers, and the cut of the clothes themselves...

Adriana is skinny, but looking back at some of her early modeling work, it's sort of scary just how thin she actually was. If the scenario of women filling out and maturing well into their 20s applies to anyone, it's definitely her. She's definitely gained weight since then.

It could apply to Mandy Moore as well. She is my favorite person to use as an example. 17-year-old Mandy Moore = toothpick. Not-17-anymore Mandy Moore = not a toothpick. Mandy has hips and breasts now that she didn't have when she was younger. Her face is fuller, and all of that stuff. Her development was sudden too. It was in the span of a year or two. She grew up and filled out.

People do that.

Adriana is skinny, but looking back at some of her early modeling work, it's sort of scary just how thin she actually was. If the scenario of women filling out and maturing well into their 20s applies to anyone, it's definitely her. She's definitely gained weight since then.

It could apply to Mandy Moore as well. She is my favorite person to use as an example. 17-year-old Mandy Moore = toothpick. Not-17-anymore Mandy Moore = not a toothpick. Mandy has hips and breasts now that she didn't have when she was younger. Her face is fuller, and all of that stuff. Her development was sudden too. It was in the span of a year or two. She grew up and filled out.

People do that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

how come i didn't grow breasts? :p just joking :laugh: :laugh:

yeh it might be worth considering that when adriana, or any other model, poses for photos in clothes, bikinis or anything else, they wear stuff that's smaller than their normal size (any smaller and they might be wearing children's clothing <_< ). Either that or the back (or whatever part of the body that isn't visible to the camera) has pins placed there to help pull the clothing back, making the clothes look really snug and tight. It might help make certain body parts look bigger as well...

Impossible? I don't think so. Although this obviously doesn't apply to Adriana, there have been cases where a very restricted diet as a teenager can prevent people reaching full physical maturity until their early 20s. Also, I don't think that surgery and Photoshop are the only reasons someone's breast size can vary. The other reasons are: the monthly fluctuations in the levels of estrogen and progesterone, the skills of photographers, and the cut of the clothes themselves...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It can be as simple as genetics too, and not a restricted diet :) My sister and I both grew breasts in bizarre spurts, she went from an A to a C when she was about 20, and I went from an A to a C at about 13, and then a C to a DD around 20/21. And for the second one, I actually LOST weight elsewhere on my body. I'm 27 now and still live in fear that they're going to rocket up to an F or something one day. Allegedly my great-grandmother grew very suddenly bosomy at about 20, without a pregnancy or weight gain, and I don't think implants were perfected in 1920's ;)

I personally don't think Adriana has implants because I know the wonders a pushup/padded bra can do, and know that if you're very thin and young, your breasts can remain impossibly perky for quite awhile. But even if she does (and I won't believe it until she herself says she has), who cares? Really, what difference does it make? She looks fab, and real, and it's like her smoking - those of us that object in principle to that, that think it makes her somehow less desirable, don't have to smell her or taste her. Those of us that hate implants aren't ever going to get to touch them, so why does it matter to us? Is it a AHA! She's not perfect after all! thing?

Also, the "sales" girls at VS suck no more or less than the company they work for. VS has hands down the WORST customer service of ANY company I have EVER done business with. They are horrid. There continued existence is a testament to the power and promise of sex. Every time I shop there, I wonder why I bother. And yet, I always come back. I even caved and shelled out $3 for the Tulum catalog last time. After practically begging the woman at the register for one as she wrapped up my purchase.

yeh advertising's a b'tch hey? (no offence intended ;))

if adriana had implants, then they're the realest implants i've ever seen...

i wish i knew who her surgeon was, then maybe i can get some implants :shifty: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Good GOD! I requested a catalog from VS last night, hoping to get the cute new summer one so I can order some teeshirts and shorts. It's the principal of it - I know I can order from the website or the catalog I bought, but if they don't care enough to give out free catalogs, I don't care enough to give them their business - who do they think they are, charging for a CATALOG? And it can't be the quality of the models or something, people outside the modeling world have no clue who these girls are or what their status is, and many high quality models appear in the FREE JCrew (Linda V and Caroline W are all over the latest ones) or Delia's catalogs. So this morning I get something saying they were asked to take me off the list! Gah! My amended, less angry, profanity riddled response:

I have NEVER asked to be removed from your list. If someone asked for me to

be removed, it was not me. I've been going through hell trying to get a

catalog (I don't even get one in the box when I order something from you).

My information:

Please put me back on your list as soon as possible. You've already lost

out on sales (companies like JJill and JCrew actually send catalogs, and

will give you one for free if you're in the store, shocking, I know) but I

would like to purchase a few things for summer for you.

Thank you.

Wonder if I'll actually get one ;)

10-1 says there's nothing they can do about it but add you back on "the list" i.e. you won't be getting one anytime soon...

20-1 says the postman is stealing them

300-1 says VS actually give you free catalogues :o

:D :D :D :D :D :D

On another board, I have a pic of Adriana as my signature and someone pointed her out saying how beautiful she was. Then another person agreed and then said she's dumb as hell though. What would give him that idea?????.... I could see in some of the clips she acts a lil goofy, but how does that make someone dumb as hell?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think Adri is dumb, but for me it is kind of weird that her English is still so bad... i mean it is bad for someone who lives in the US for such a long time!

I don't think Adri is dumb, but for me it is kind of weird that her English is still so bad... i mean it is bad for someone who lives in the US for such a long time!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i think her accent, like Salma hayeks is kinda hot :wub:

I wish i had something better than this mexi-twang I have :blush:

If i don't get a damn catalog this time around, i'm going to call corporate and beeyotch them out! :evil:

People do that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Completely agree. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My guess is that when Adriana is speaking English in public and the subject is complicated or she's a bit nervous, she thinks in a mixture of Brazilian (Portuguese) and English and then has to quickly translate the Brazilian bits into English (I do the same speaking French when I'm in France). I know from my own experience that it's more difficult to control your accent when you're focused on trying to get your meaning across.