Bellazon

General Discussion

Neo52285

Yet, look how much money Tyra and Heidi have, not to mention their level of fame and popularity in comparison to the stick-thin models. Considering the fashion world considers them 'fat' they have much more fame and sucess than the thinner models. This is the main reason, they have the power to look how they want to look. They no longer have to impress the fashion world. Not all modeling requires a stick-thin body. European runway models are extremely thin but sports illustrated girls and many other more popular models are 'allowed' to be more curvy and I think curvy bodies in the fashion world is just proof of the models success. The stick thin girls will never be recognized or as famous. They will just blend into obscurity. They will remain faceless since it's not the model that's important, but the clothes. They are only a mannquin-like body representing the clothing and nothing more where as the curvier girls have distinguished themselves.

well tyra and heidi kind of stand out more then other models because of their big racks. before tyra put on the weight she was very thin and had that massive rack, thats pretty rare in the modeling world. in the modeling world you dont want to fit in you need to stand out in some way or another to become that star because all the girls pretty much look the same.

Found this off of Adriana's Guess profile. The interviewer asks:

Do you enjoy traveling?

I don't really like to travel, but I have to do it. Modeling takes me everywhere from Paris, Milan, New York, and then I travel home to Brazil when I can.

It seems she doesn't appreciate all the places she gets to see. Someone said Adriana would be intelligent and interesting because she'd have all kind of worldly travel stories but judging from this interview I'd have to wonder! She seems to go to these places but doesn't seem to appreciate or enjoy the fact that she gets to actually travel.

Do you enjoy traveling?

I don't really like to travel, but I have to do it. Modeling takes me everywhere from Paris, Milan, New York, and then I travel home to Brazil when I can.

It seems she doesn't appreciate all the places she gets to see. Someone said Adriana would be intelligent and interesting because she'd have all kind of worldly travel stories but judging from this interview I'd have to wonder! She seems to go to these places but doesn't seem to appreciate or enjoy the fact that she gets to actually travel.

Well - it was always *my* impression of Adri that it's not that she doesn't appreciate the travel, but just that she's more of a homey person, who prefers to be at home with her friends and family than on her own in a strange hotel room. She's never seemed as into partying and going out as some of the other VS models, and to me it seems this is just part of that - just a different personality. I'm sure she does appreciate everything she gets to see, but at the end of the day, I think she places very high value on family, and being with them is perhaps more important to her than making another trip to Paris or Milan. I think it is admirable she is so close with her family in spite of her work, and that even with all the money she makes and the fame she has, she never lost sight of what is really important in her life: the stuff money can't buy. :)

Just my two cents!

yes i agree with you, nothingless. I also think when she travels she doesnt really get to really enjoy where she is. She is usally there for a shoot and then leaves the next day. Its probly really stressful all the traveling and the packing and unpacking. That is what she said, that she like lives in a plane. I wouldnt like traveling eitehr, its was a pain for me to go form new york to arizona, cause at the air port something always goes wrong and its a stressful process. I cant imagine what it would b like for her, with all the traveling she does!

I agree with most of what nothingless wrote and I have to add my own experience with people:

Sometimes, people who have to travel much because of their work know better what travel can give you and what not. On the opposite, I know many folks, mostly educated, academic people, who, far away from being just "tourists", have/find/demand enough time to travel every now and then to some place just for leisure/relaxing/meeting people/sightseeing. People who claim to "have friends everywhere", "have seen so many things", "gather experiences" etc etc - many (if not most) of them don't get absolutely NOTHING in terms of what I would call life experience or let's say maturity.

They got some practical skills associated with travelling, but their knowledge on how the world works gradually reached a plateau. The reason is obvious: when you think the world is just a party, seeing 1000 instead of 100 places and talking to 1000 instead of 100 people does not make any difference and will not change your opinion on basic things - in reality, this "party-world" view makes you resistant to learning. Some of the most common things many of my friends "learn" through their "contact with other cultures, soooo different from ours" is to believe in various new age mythologies of oriental/tribal/ancient or whatever origin (for me, as a scientist, it's a tragedy, having to listen on how they fixed "the disequilibrium of the sixth chakra" and stories like this).

Would you, melvaughn, call these people intelligent or interesting -just because of those travels?? (well, if you ask me, they still are, but for other reasons)

I used to be a little bit jealous, working in my lab while my friends met "so many interesting people from all other the world" and got from them "an open invitation to visit XXXX who lives in YYYYY where the ZZZZ event will be - will you join us, Hanf?" and so on. As the years pass by, more and more of them admit feeling jealous of me...

However, to get back to topic, Adriana's statement does not suggest to me that she is not intelligent or interesting...

Do you enjoy traveling?

Well - it was always *my* impression of Adri that it's not that she doesn't appreciate the travel, but just that she's more of a homey person, who prefers to be at home with her friends and family than on her own in a strange hotel room. She's never seemed as into partying and going out as some of the other VS models, and to me it seems this is just part of that - just a different personality. I'm sure she does appreciate everything she gets to see, but at the end of the day, I think she places very high value on family, and being with them is perhaps more important to her than making another trip to Paris or Milan. I think it is admirable she is so close with her family in spite of her work, and that even with all the money she makes and the fame she has, she never lost sight of what is really important in her life: the stuff money can't buy. :)

Just my two cents!

That's what I was about to reply! You're absolutely right

SO

So I'm organizing my Candid Lima files,

and i need someones advice. Should i have separate

folders for each event. . etc? Cause right now i just

have every candid together. What should i do?

I'm an organize freak! :laugh:

Me too Limalicious! :blush: What I do: I have a folder with (for example) 'Candids', but I don't have seperate folders for each event because when you want to search a certain photo, chances are that you don't know the event and you can't find the photo you were searching for. So put them all in one folder and keep the photo's of one event together by naming them for example ''a(1)'' and ''a(2)'' so they stay together!

Good luck!

Smooth Operator

So I'm organizing my Candid Lima files,

and i need someones advice. Should i have separate

folders for each event. . etc? Cause right now i just

have every candid together. What should i do?

I'm an organize freak! :laugh:

Me too Limalicious! :blush: What I do: I have a folder with (for example) 'Candids', but I don't have seperate folders for each event because when you want to search a certain photo, chances are that you don't know the event and you can't find the photo you were searching for. So put them all in one folder and keep the photo's of one event together by naming them for example ''a(1)'' and ''a(2)'' so they stay together!

Good luck!

Smooth Operator

What a great idea :D

I feel really slow right now that i didn't

think about that. *Smacks herself*

Thanks Smooth Operator!