Bellazon

General Discussion

Neo52285

I have no clue as to how intelligent Adriana is, since I obviously don't know her. However, I can tell you that it's a lot more difficult to learn English as a second language than you may think. And I doubt she has had much formal education which would make it twice as hard. With so much variance in the language from place to place, and high useage of slang it can be highly confusing trying learn it correctly. My point is that just because someone doesn't speak perfect English, it doesn't make them dumb.

I have no clue as to how intelligent Adriana is, since I obviously don't know her. However, I can tell you that it's a lot more difficult to learn English as a second language than you may think. And I doubt she has had much formal education which would make it twice as hard. With so much variance in the language from place to place, and high useage of slang it can be highly confusing trying  learn it correctly. My point is that just because someone doesn't speak perfect English, it doesn't make them dumb.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're right - it's very, very dificult to really master English as a second language. I take it as a sign of Adriana's intelligence that, despite the difficulties of the English language, she still manages to get her points across very well in the interviews I've seen her in.

I didn't mean to offend when i said that her speaking is not too good... :blush:

but my sis has been to the US for about a year and now she is speaking almost perfectly, though her english was not very "outstanding". :laugh:

U know, i thought it must be easy to learn a language when you are surrounded by the words all the time, but i agree that it is harder for Adriana as she travels so much...

As i said i don't think that Adri is dumb! In my opinion she is very intelligent!

I didn't mean to offend when i said that her speaking is not too good...  :blush:

but my sis has been to the US for about a year and now she is speaking almost perfectly, though her english was not very "outstanding".  :laugh:

U know, i thought it must be easy to learn a language when you are surrounded by the words all the time, but i agree that it is harder for Adriana as she travels so much...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just don't see Adriana's English as being bad and I don't have any difficulty understanding her...

Adriana Lima's English isn't bad at all. I don't have any problems understanding her at all also. The only thing is that it seems as if she doesn't know when someone is joking around or being sarcastic.

mica, that's been posted already, but thank you either way. :)

actually alessandra has the most americanized accent out of all of them....gisele's seems manish to me and adriana's is cute....thats another reason i love adriana so much its because of her accent....makes me want to cuddle with her.

english has to be one of the hardest languages to learn...

i mean the damn language has words derived from all throughout europe for god's sake...

it's not a very consistent language either (e.g. i like to read vs i read a book.), but i guess some of that comes down to the origins of words from different cultures. :p

alessandra's voice kinda sounds man-ish/hoarse as well...

i definitely agree that adriana's accent is cute :D