Bellazon

Trumpland U.S.A

Cult Icon

Another absurdist situation was one where a female QAnon adherent was discovered to have lead a group of 100 persons on Jan 6th.

This person, amazingly, was a Psychological operations officer (Captain, US Army).  She then resigned from her post..!

17 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

I mean he lies every time he opens his mouth and lives in a fantasy world!  I wrote it off as another one of his 30,000 lies.   

His pal Roger Stone, involved in organizing Jan 6th, has ties to Proud Boys and Oathkeepers.  The chairman of the Proud boys also visits his house and was arrested in DC by the FBI  two days earlier.  There have been rumors by the press that the Proud Boys are funded by Trump's cronies/allies.  Of note is some of the proud boys with federal charges do not have jobs! 

Congresswoman Greene has ties to the 3% militia.  There are some other members of Congress with ties to militias.   One of the presidents of the Oathkeepers was imprisoned in 2011 for  having explosives, including a live napalm bomb.

Trump mostly seemed to wing it when speaking, and was very rarely informed by fact or principle. He rambled and made little sense, it was just riffs, free associations, clichés and bombast. A lot of rhetoric as well, but mostly rhetoric of the dim variety.

The narrative seemingly being peddled across a lot of respectable US media is one of "civil war" within the Republican Party, but there doesn't appear to be much of a civil war going on there, just a lot of wishful thinking. I mean at best, there's a very small, marginalised minority in the GOP fighting a rear-guard action in the cause of decency and accountability, while the bulk of the party is still in lockstep with an insurrectionist intent on following an anti-democratic, nihilistic agenda.

6 hours ago, Michael* said:

Trump mostly seemed to wing it when speaking, and was very rarely informed by fact or principle. He rambled and made little sense, it was just riffs, free associations, clichés and bombast. A lot of rhetoric as well, but mostly rhetoric of the dim variety.

The narrative seemingly being peddled across a lot of respectable US media is one of "civil war" within the Republican Party, but there doesn't appear to be much of a civil war going on there, just a lot of wishful thinking. I mean at best, there's a very small, marginalised minority in the GOP fighting a rear-guard action in the cause of decency and accountability, while the bulk of the party is still in lockstep with an insurrectionist intent on following an anti-democratic, nihilistic agenda.

In the US, among libertarians/ anti-government types the federal government should be kept as inert as possible.  Trump's trolling and fantasy can be seen as a tactic for doing that.  2020 was sadly the year that leadership was hugely necessary to prevent a 3rd world COVID management result that we ended up having.  

Four years ago I hoped that Trump's appointment would open up possibilities to improve the GOP but it got worse.  The Senate Trial could have been an opportunity for the GOP to rid themselves of Trump family and weaken the Alt Right, however it seems to me that their constituents see it differently.  They are too far gone at this point.  So their representatives save themselves and support their party over justice  & the country, as usual.  

On a positive note, Trump is an old man and in 2024 he'd be 78 years old.  He's running out of chances.  So his children and cronies- hopefully- will be unsuccessful in politics.