Bellazon

Trumpland U.S.A

Cult Icon

On 6/6/2019 at 12:58 AM, CandleVixen said:

Interesting, to say the least. I wonder how he was walking while on fire. From footage that I saw, he was walking a slow pace, so I can not comprehend anyone other than Johnny Storm being able to do this.

This reminds me of Norman Morrison and the monks (protesting vietnam war)

I have been waiting to see if the story will develop but there's virtually no information about the suicide except for the stuff that can be found online.  There is a rumor that he was on drugs (from a TMZ gossip site).  It seems like the story didn't get any traction.  It was probably just a bombastic suicide then- appropriate for an artist I guess.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2019 at 3:56 PM, Enrico_sw said:

With his tariff policies, Trump has done more for the environment that Trudeau, his SJW neighbour, who keeps fostering maritime traffic with crappy products.

:tumbleweed:

That isnt how it works, what has actually happened is companies have move their manufacturing out of china into other countries. That is what the tariffs intentions were and that what they seem to be doing, however at the same time the tariffs have hit our farmers especially hard, especially those that grow soybean which they will never be able to grow profitably again.

55 minutes ago, Sensual said:

That isnt how it works, what has actually happened is companies have move their manufacturing out of china into other countries. That is what the tariffs intentions were and that what they seem to be doing, however at the same time the tariffs have hit our farmers especially hard, especially those that grow soybean which they will never be able to grow profitably again.

The effects of tariffs on macroeconomics are often very complex, but that's not what I'm talking about. My point was about the environment. Here, things are much clearer: shipping emits CO2 and other pollutants. Tariffs tend to curb international trade, which reduces CO2 emissions.

Trudeau is a nice salesman, but his free trade agreements like the CETA, are against his environmental rhetoric (not to mention his polluting industries like tar sands...). I don't think Trump cares about the environment, but paradoxically his actions are more environmentally friendly than the ones of his PC neighbour Trudeau. :ermm:

1 minute ago, Enrico_sw said:

The effects of tariffs on macroeconomics are often very complex, but that's not what I'm talking about. My point was about the environment. Here, things are much clearer: shipping emits CO2 and other pollutants. Tariffs tend to curb international trade, which reduces CO2 emissions.

Trudeau is a nice salesman, but his free trade agreements like the CETA, are against his environmental rhetoric (not to mention his polluting industries like tar sands...). I don't think Trump cares about the environment, but paradoxically his actions are more environmentally friendly than the ones of his PC neighbour Trudeau. :ermm:

Suppressing trade, and economic activity is not a viable response to curb climate change.

1 minute ago, Enrico_sw said:

Suppressing trade, and economic activity is not a viable response to curb climate change.

Just now, Sensual said:

I'm not talking about suppressing trade (never mentioned that). There's a difference between regulating international trade and suppressing all economic activity. It's not all "black & white".

There are currently a couple of unfair trading practices around the world. For example, you have countries with low environmental standards competing with countries with higher standards. If we don't put dampers in place, then that will lead to a levelling down (not very environmentally friendly)

2 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

I'm not talking about suppressing trade (never mentioned that). There's a difference between regulating international trade and suppressing all economic activity. It's not all "black & white".

There are currently a couple of unfair trading practices around the world. For example, you have countries with low environmental standards competing with countries with higher standards. If we don't put dampers in place, then that will lead to a levelling down (not very environmentally friendly)

I'm unfamiliar with CETA. Was an early TPP type deal where environmental and other regulations were dumbed down?

^ It's the EU-Canada free trade agreement. That's why I mentioned Trudeau earlier. His personality and his political correctness pleases the European media. He does everything they expect: he cries, he uses the "good" (meaningless) lexicon, he invents new progressive words (like peoplekind)... It didn't help at the beginning of the negociation cycles, but in the end, it was a nice cherry on the cake for his admirers. We tend to view these people as a 100% rational, but they're not (like any of us btw).