Bellazon

Bar Refaeli
Thumbnail

Petite-Patrie

A comment from TMZ

43. TRUE STORY:

One day Bar and her friends were shopping at a store I work at. No one really knew who she was except a few of us. Yes, she has a good body, but her FACIAL COMPEXION SUUUUUUUUUCKS!!!! She had the ruddiest skin--pimples and all. BUT, TO TOP THAT OFF, SHE WAS A TOTAL COMPLETE BITCH AND SO WERE HER FRIENDS. Nasty attitude, nasty skin...good body.

Israeli-born supermodel Bar Rafaeli is on track to become one of the world’s most recognizable figures. She is the new face of action-sports clothing giant Hurley as well as P. Diddy’s newest cologne line I am King. Television and film offers are coming to her in droves, and there seems to be no end in site for the 23-year-old knockout. See, Rafaeli is not your average supermodel. Sure, she’s beautiful, but it’s her charisma and sense of humor that catapult her into a class of her own. She smiles a lot. She laughs a lot. When there is food at the table, she eats a lot. One gets the impression that in an industry plagued by self-importance and vapidity, Rafaeli understands the absurdity of it all. Perhaps being the daughter of a rancher in a country shrouded in violence has given her a unique perspective about the world. She carries an air of effortlessness and nothing seems to adversely affect her positive attitude or her itchy curiosity. And despite the fact that she spends most of her time jet-setting from one exotic location to another, her perfectly shaped feet are planted firmly on the ground.

This past month Malibu Magazine had the pleasure of photographing Rafaeli in a beautiful home in the Santa Monica Mountains that was opened to us at the courtesy of Lord Byron D. Grumble.

How did you first get into modeling?

Since I was a baby, I loved the camera. I was in commercials and ads, and I remember always asking my mom, “When is my next job?” When I was 14, I joined an agency and since then I started modeling more seriously, although I always made school my first priority. I wanted to graduate. So, my career abroad started few years later.

How does your family feel about your career choice?

My family is very supportive. They always say that what makes us kids happy, makes them happy. And they were actually going everywhere with me! Since I started modeling at a very young age and had to travel a lot, they never left me to go by myself. If I had to [travel], I wouldn’t go alone. I can say that without their time and support I could have never dealt with this demanding and tough business.

What are your long-term career goals?

I want to be happy with everything I do, I want to do things that are interesting and creative to me, I want to be able to reach a level that will allow me to raise a family and still, once in a while, choose great, fun jobs.

In your experience, what is the most significant cultural difference between Israel and America?

I don’t even know where to begin — so much resemblance and many differences.

If you could trade places with anyone in the world who would it be and why?

Right now, I’m answering these questions from my home in Israel, so I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else! But the American elections are today, so I would probably like to trade with someone in the CNN studio so I could see the results before everyone else!

Where have you traveled in the last year?

Many places in the United States, Morocco, Spain, Italy, England, France, Brazil, Miami, Greece, Israel, Iceland, The Caribbean, The Bahamas and more places that I don’t remember, I’m sure.

Out of all those places, which location stood out as your favorite destination and why?

I had a beautiful time in Greece! I went to Santorini and it was incredible: great food, a lot of history, sun and beautiful sunsets.

How important of a role does diet and fitness play in your daily life?

A big role. After all, it is part of my job. I have to watch out for how I look, but more than that, with all my traveling, I have to make sure I eat right and healthy! Otherwise, I wouldn’t be able to move! And I like to exercise. It wakes me up and gives me energy.

Where do you feel most at home?

I feel at home in Israel and in Los Angeles. In both places, I have friends and family, places where I like to eat, to work out, etc.

How did you get your name?

Bar means “a boy” in Hebrew (as in bar mitzvah) and also “wild” and “wheat.” My dad always liked the name, but it wasn’t popular at all at that time. He wanted to name a horse Bar (he was into horses since childhood), but then he got a baby girl before he got a horse. (Laughs.)

Tell us about your new partnership with clothing brand Hurley?

Growing up in Israel, I was always hanging out at the beach with my friends, chilling, surfing. When I first met the people from Hurley, I saw that they have the same lifestyle and attitude like mine, and that their brand is more about lifestyle, art and fashion than just a commercial brand. I really believed in it and I was interested. I wanted to take part in their projects, and when I heard they are also doing a lot for charity, I fell in love.

What’s next for Bar Rafaeli?

Working and working. I am now working on few designs with Hurley that we are doing together, which I’m excited about. I just did a TV special for Bravo with Tommy Hilfiger that aired last month, so I tasted TV and I’m looking forward to more. I want to try new things and visit new places. Also, Hurley just arranged a surfing lesson for me with Rob Mechado and I did pretty well, but I need more, so I can’t wait for that either.

In an attempt to get to know you better, please answer the following 10 short-answer questions:

1. What is your favorite food?

Sushi and hummus (but not together), fries and burgers.

2. What is your favorite film of all time?

The Usual Suspects.

3. Who is your favorite actor/actress?

I will see anything with Jennifer Aniston.

4. What is your favorite novel?

I read a lot, but in Hebrew. I would say that the book I would recommend my children to read is The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. I think it has a very important message.

5. Who/what is your favorite musician/record?

Maroon 5, Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Dixie Chicks, Israeli music — I’m all over the place!

6. What do you consider sexy?

Confidence.

7. What do you despise?

Lies.

8. How do you define success?

Happiness.

9. What characteristics do you look for in a lover?

A sense of humor, charm, intelligence, he should be a good listener and have family values.

10. What would you consider your strongest physical characteristic?

I would answer it in a more general way and say that I’m not too skinny.

http://barrafaeli.blogspot.com/2009/01/bar...ey-adverts.html

I wanted to address the talk about Bar as a Victoria's Secret model.... I love VS and I'm familiar with all of their models. I'm a huge fan of Bar and I think she has an amazing body, personality, etc. but from a completely objective standpoint, I understand why VS didn't pursue her as one of their regular models. Bar is 5'9" but that's relatively short in comparison to the other VS models, but they also have longer legs than she does. Bar is not a super skinny model and although VS prides themselves on having healthy models, their legs are all longer and leaner than Bar's. I just think Bar is much more commercial of a model and successful in that way - Every time I see her on a runway, something looks off. I think she's gorgeous at modeling dresses but her legs never look quite right on a runway when they're bare. Don't take this the wrong way, I'm just trying to be objective and shed some light on why I think VS and probably a lot of couture brands don't hire her for runway work. Thankfully, Bar is much more successful in her own right, she doesn't need the high fashion. <3

A comment from TMZ

43. TRUE STORY:

One day Bar and her friends were shopping at a store I work at. No one really knew who she was except a few of us. Yes, she has a good body, but her FACIAL COMPEXION SUUUUUUUUUCKS!!!! She had the ruddiest skin--pimples and all. BUT, TO TOP THAT OFF, SHE WAS A TOTAL COMPLETE BITCH AND SO WERE HER FRIENDS. Nasty attitude, nasty skin...good body.

Another comment - same thread.

50. I did her makeup once for a shoot. Horrible skin. Took a lot to cover up all the imperfections. Ugly mouth , corners turn downwards and she has 'short teeth'. She's a smoker and it shows already on her face. In a few years she will look like she is in her 40's. Also not very friendly or easy to work with. She had to keep mentioning Leo as if to remind me how famous she was. I was not impressed at all.

A comment from TMZ

43. TRUE STORY:

50. I did her makeup once for a shoot. Horrible skin. Took a lot to cover up all the imperfections. Ugly mouth , corners turn downwards and she has 'short teeth'. She's a smoker and it shows already on her face. In a few years she will look like she is in her 40's. Also not very friendly or easy to work with. She had to keep mentioning Leo as if to remind me how famous she was. I was not impressed at all.

where are u getting these? from tmz? these are just comments it doesn't mean its true.

A comment from TMZ

43. TRUE STORY:

Why? Just because it`s unflattering it means is not true?

I'm pretty sure all those comments you are reading are just Bar haters, once again trying to make her look like an awful person. Just like they do on Just Jared, spreading rumors she's pregnant, or she's this and that. One thing I can say is just don't believe everything you read or hear, theres HQ's of Bars skin out there, and no its not perfect, but its also not as horrible as people on TMZ are making it to sound.

I'm pretty sure all those comments you are reading are just Bar haters, once again trying to make her look like an awful person. Just like they do on Just Jared, spreading rumors she's pregnant, or she's this and that. One thing I can say is just don't believe everything you read or hear, theres HQ's of Bars skin out there, and no its not perfect, but its also not as horrible as people on TMZ are making it to sound.

I find it pretty immature that you guys ignore everything that is not flattering.

I find it pretty immature that you guys ignore everything that is not flattering.

I don't see how its immature to ignore quotes from a place where people go to hate on Bar. Sure it could be true, I'm not saying its not, I'm just saying that I find it unlikely that it's true. But you can believe whateeever you want.

I don't see how its immature to ignore quotes from a place where people go to hate on Bar. Sure it could be true, I'm not saying its not, I'm just saying that I find it unlikely that it's true. But you can believe whateeever you want.

I`m sure if it wasn`t unflattering you wouldn`t have a problem with it no matter which site it is from.

I don't have any comments about her skin and Bar has never exactly seemed like "the nicest girl in the world" to me or anything since, quite frankly, I think Leo finds strong-minded women appealing, BUT I do question the legitimacy of her name dropping Leo. She has NEVER talked about him to try and pump up her own fame, in fact I think she resents the fact that people seem to think she's famous "only because" of him. In Israel she's quite used to being independently famous. But whenever she's ever asked about him, she refuses to talk about him, so why would she be bringing him up to someone who's just doing her make-up? That makes absolutely no sense. If it's true at all, it's probably just a bitchy make-up artist who likes to think she/he's job is more important than it actually is.

I don't have any comments about her skin and Bar has never exactly seemed like "the nicest girl in the world" to me or anything since, quite frankly, I think Leo finds strong-minded women appealing, BUT I do question the legitimacy of her name dropping Leo. She has NEVER talked about him to try and pump up her own fame, in fact I think she resents the fact that people seem to think she's famous "only because" of him. In Israel she's quite used to being independently famous. But whenever she's ever asked about him, she refuses to talk about him, so why would she be bringing him up to someone who's just doing her make-up? That makes absolutely no sense. If it's true at all, it's probably just a bitchy make-up artist who likes to think she/he's job is more important than it actually is.

Bar is dating one of the most private celebs in the world so I would be surprised to hear her talking about him in an interview. That doesn`t mean that in other situations she doesn`t like to do so.

Bar is dating one of the most private celebs in the world so I would be surprised to hear her talking about him in an interview. That doesn`t mean that in other situations she doesn`t like to do so.

I agree ...

She likes to keep her private life in that way ... PRIVATE!

First bar is prefect for VS and also she did one work for them already

meanwhite Bar is having good time with other companies not less famous around the world like GARNIER and accossrize and hurly :laugh:

I saw personally in the UK in all accossirze huge posters of bar in front of all their stores

and it was really nice

http://fabsugar.com/1077979

and even in Israel bar is working with the biggest fashion shops - fox

and at least once a week in the fininacial newspaper

I uploaded new scan from Israeli last weekend newspaper

http://sites.google.com/site/refaelishop/H...?attredirects=0

and going to update tonight the shop for photos for your mobile phones and computer desktops

for free!

post-23854-1231358112_thumb.jpg

post-23854-1231358126_thumb.jpg

post-23854-1231358134_thumb.jpg

post-23854-1231358153_thumb.jpg

post-23854-1231358161_thumb.jpg

post-23854-1231358172_thumb.jpg