Bellazon

Blanca Padilla
Thumbnail

alfadolls

@ignacio_spain Lets watch her!! Blanca Padilla @blaancapadilla y @alexdelaiglesia en Antena3 @antena3com con Risto Mejide @ristomejide #ristomejide #blancapadilla #antena3tv #thecoolmodels. MARTES 12pm.

eqVOiKBQ.jpg

>> http://www.antena3.com/programas/al-rincon/noticias/director-alex-iglesia-modelo-blanca-padilla-sientan-rincon_2015101600348.html

Blanca created quite the buzz on the Al Rincon interview. She was very open about her job, the size requirements, the Taylor Swift incident on the VS runway, and social media.

I agree with what she said but on the other hand I want equality for everyone. She doesn’t mention her name or situation at all. I don’t have a problem with the fact that you’re a curvy girl on the runway, I support that. But if it was me with your same measurements going to a casting they would send me home to lose weight. Most of us have to conform to extreme measurements because otherwise we won’t book any jobs while others have the privilege to say that designers love them despite their curves. Well then, why do they love you? Maybe because of your millions of Instagram followers too?
—  Blanca Padilla on Gigi Hadid’s body rant on Instagram (translation by http://bumsters.tumblr.com/) 

I applaud Blanca for it, she is absolutely right. I adore both Hadid sisters, but the reality is, that while I do think they would have been successful models without the family connections, I also think they would have both been asked to lose a lot of weight or settle for the commercial jobs.

More power to Bianca for speaking her mind (Y)