Bellazon

Karlie Kloss
Thumbnail

jenibelle

We know who Karlie will be with during Fashion Night Out on Thursday:

DKNY Party Hosted by Lauren Bush Lauren and Karlie Kloss.

There is so much good stuff going on at DKNY's Soho store on FNO that I don't even know where to start. First off, Kloss (i.e. the nicest person on the planet), partnered up with Momofuku Milk Bar to bake Karlie's Kookies, a line of delicious treats that will be served by Kloss and her supermodel best friends, Jordan Dunn and Toni Garrn. Lauren Bush Lauren will also be on hand to debut the DKNY x FEED capsule collection. Proceeds from the cookies and event sales will benefit Lauren's FEED Foundation—which provides school meals to children around the world. Sugar, supermodels, and supporting a good cause? I can't think of anything better than that. 420 West Broadway, 6—10pm

www.allure.com/beauty-trends/blogs/daily-beauty-reporter/2012/09/fashions-night-out-the-top-beauty-spots-in-nyc

dknyprgirl.tumblr.com

tumblr_m9la5aFl6P1qho60po1_500.jpg

karlie-1-new_131126105295.jpg_article_gallery_slideshow_v2.jpg

How do you say hello where you’re from? “Wazzzzz up?” (Just kidding.)

What is your coffee order? Decaf Americano with steamed milk and vanilla syrup.

What are you wearing right now? Skinny jeans, big fuzzy socks, and a cozy sweater.

Describe your style in five words: Simple. Chic. Classic. Sexy. Comfy.

What are the three items you always keep in your purse? Spearmint gum, dark chocolate, and some kind of delicious snack (you can always count on me to have something to eat in my purse, especially backstage—I generally have just about everything except the kitchen sink hidden in my bag).

How were you discovered? In St. Louis at a charity runway fashion show.

Most memorable modeling moment: Opening the Christian Dior runway show for the first time (spring 2010).

Most embarrassing modeling moment: Hmm . . . too many to count.

Favorite model of all time: Christy Turlington Burns. Hands down.

Favorite designer: That’s a tough question. I am very lucky! I get to work (very closely and on a regular basis) with some of the most iconic designers of our time, some of whom I consider my good friends: Karl Lagerfeld, Alber Elbaz, John Galliano, Oscar de la Renta, Donna Karan, Carolina Herrera, Michael Kors, Marc Jacobs, Jason Wu . . . I am very blessed.

If you weren’t modeling, what would be your dream job? To be a doctor, like my father. I think to have the skill set and the ability to physically help others in matters of life and death must be incredibly empowering. Plus, I love kids, so ideally something in the field of pediatrics.

If you could trade closets with someone else, whose would you choose? Audrey Hepburn. I love her style.

What new addition to your wardrobe are you currently craving this season? I am DYING for a Louis Vuitton leather classic monogrammed carry-on suitcase. It’s an impossibly chic way to travel.

What item in your closet do you most cherish? Why? My Dior bag from John Galliano. He gave it to me after we shot my first campaign with Steven Meisel, and I cried when I opened it. It is the most beautiful, timeless Dior bag. It is such a special reminder of that time in my career; someday I will give it to my daughter.

What nail polish color are you wearing right now? Silver by Minx stick on nails. It looks like I have aluminum foil on my fingertips!

Beauty item you cannot live without: Labello chapstick (you can only buy it in Paris, and it is a lifesaver in the winter).

How do you stay in model shape? Any tricks of the trade? I’m very athletic; I always have been. I did every sport under the sun while growing up. I studied classical ballet and dance for years, and I continue to always be very active. Whether running, biking, swimming, or dancing, I just like to always be on the move.

What is the first website you go to in the morning? Vogue.com!

What songs are on repeat on your iPod right now? Stevie Nicks’s “Leather and Lace.”

What movie is at the top of your Netflix queue? Midnight in Paris . . . I’m dying to see it!

Name the television character with whom you most identify: Superwoman. I admire her strength, her ability to fly, and most of all how good she makes Spandex look.

One place you always visit while in New York: Chelsea Market. All the photo studios are in that area (Pier59 Digital Studios, Milk, etc.), so I always love to go pick up groceries or dinner or just browse around the great stores and restaurants after work.

Favorite destination you have traveled to so far: I recently went on a trip to Madrid, and it was unbelievably beautiful! I’m learning Spanish—I got Rosetta Stone for Christmas. I loved everything about Spain—the people, the language, and the food! I cannot wait to go back!

Where would you like to go on your next vacation? I would love to rent a little cottage or cabin in Colorado and learn to ski or snowboard. And on the warmer side, I also want to rent a house in Hawaii and learn to surf!

Subject you could wax poetic about/something that fascinates you: Ballet. I think it is the most beautiful thing in the world. I could dance it, watch it, or talk about it all day long. It is the most beautiful form of art expressed through the human body.

Name one natural talent you wish you had: I wish I could fly. Or speak fluent Chinese. Both I think are equally impossible.

What is the best advice you’ve ever been given? Alexander McQueen once told me before I went out on the runway (I was wearing a dress that was very long and difficult to walk in, and I was concerned the dress was going to get caught on my shoe), “Don’t worry, Karlie; if it does, just take it off and throw it, throw the dress. Remember—YOU own the dress, the dress does not own you!” It was a moment I will never forget.

What are your words to live by? Whatever you are, be the best you can be at it.

Want to learn more about Karlie Kloss? Read about her in Voguepedia.

From: http://www.vogue.com/vogue-daily/article/model-wall-karlie-kloss/#1

Breaking News: Karlie Kloss Is Heading To IMG Models!

karlie_kloss_18.jpg

Karlie Kloss has decided not to renew her contract with Next Model Management, signing instead, with IMG Models! According to WWD, the model superstar will now share a manager with none other than the world’s highest-paid supermodel, Gisele Bündchen. The agency move is just the beginning for the 20-year-old beauty, as she looks to expand her ever-growing list of fashion credentials.

“Karlie has an immense and loyal following, and we welcome the opportunity to help expand her relationships through endorsements as well as our global network that reaches beyond fashion,” IMG Model’s senior vice president and managing director, Ivan Bart, told WWD.

Since hitting the modeling scene nearly four-years-ago, Karlie’s career has skyrocketed her to the top of the model pack, and recently landing her in the #2 spot on Models.com’s Top 50 Models list following Joan Smalls. The St. Louis native has starred in top ad campaigns for the likes of Oscar de la Renta, Prada, Dolce & Gabbana, Christian Dior, Alexander McQueen, and several others. In fact, this season alone, Karlie has scooped up exclusive campaigns for Juicy Couture, Elie Saab, Jean Paul Gaultier, as well as the highly anticipated Target x Neiman Marcus Holiday collaboration. Of course, that’s not even mentioning the four — that’s right, FOUR! — September covers the girl-next-door turned high-fashion queen scooped up this month!

Looks like it won’t be long until Karlie finds herself in that #1 spot!

modelinia