Bellazon

Karlie Kloss
Thumbnail

jenibelle

16 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

I was surprised that Taylor Swift made a statement about the march.

Yeah...but maybe she felt pressured to tweet something. Social media is so odd, with many of us "expecting" popular people to step up.

She was very silent during the presidential campaign.

She was, even though she "silently" gave a nod to Clinton.

It's pretty clear she is from the "Republicans buy sneakers too" (see: Michael Jordan) school of celebrity activism (or lack thereof).

She's said before that she doesn't like getting involved in politics which isn't necessarily a bad thing, especially since she never represented herself as an actual activist. She did say she considers herself a feminist but that doesn't mean she has to march the streets.

There have been rumors in the past that she is from republican family, although I think she's probably pretty liberal considering that she has many liberal pro-left friends.

But Swift has donated shit-ton of money on various causes throughout her career, so that's pretty cool in my book. I think her heart is in the right place.

What I don't like to see is hypocrisy with celebs. Like Demi Lovato being an activist and fighter for human rights and her top tweet is her advertising her concert in Dubai. I'm thinking, Girl do you have any idea about human rights abuse in Dubai? Half of buildings there were built with slave labor. And I'm not even gonna go into the fact that Obama wasn't really kind to human rights during his presidency.

Anyways, back to Miss Klossy... I have no explanation why then she didn't say anything. Odd.

Karlie liked some posts about the march. She knows that people keep track of that and it was a "safe" way to support it. Not enought for some, enough for others. At least it didn't look fake and oportunist.

https://instagram.fmad3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t51.2885-15/s480x480/e35/16123681_1102221383239086_7171154641835524096_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTQzMzAyNDk5MjAzNjQ5Mjc3Nw%3D%3D.2

Two of her sisters, Derek Blasberg, and people from her team liked Josh's photo with his brother so...

3 hours ago, canirove said:

Karlie liked some posts about the march. She knows that people keep track of that and it was a "safe" way to support it. Not enought for some, enough for others. At least it didn't look fake and oportunist.

Big part of Karlie's brand is "girl power - mighty coder chick" so it is surprising she didn't post anything.

And I especially don't understand why she needs to play it "safe". She already publicly supported Clinton.

1 hour ago, Schemer said:

Big part of Karlie's brand is "girl power - mighty coder chick" so it is surprising she didn't post anything.

And I especially don't understand why she needs to play it "safe". She already publicly supported Clinton.

I said it was safe because it shows that she cares, but doesn't allow people to send hate comments. Maybe it wasn't the best word to use.

Before she said anything about Clinton, people hated her because they thought she was going to vote for Trump when she has always supported Obama. After saying she was voting for Clinton, people also hated her:Amelie_wft:

I don't know man, it's like everything she does is wrong and people are always gonna hate her :idk:

24 minutes ago, canirove said:

I don't know man, it's like everything she does is wrong and people are always gonna hate her :idk:

Comes with being a celebrity, I guess. But on average, she doesn't get a lot of hate comments. From what I noticed in her comment feeds.

Overall, it's still a very small percentage from the number of her followers. Vocal minority.

Yeah, I guess. I don't look at the comments at her IG anymore or the mentions on twitter. I am tired of reading kaylor, kaylor rise and where is Taylor:Amelie_wft:

Thank God the ones who only like her because of Taylor are starting to get bored and ignore her.