Bellazon

Editorials

Capt Snow

Two tips, avadakedavra. Number 1 - do not be afraid of ripping your magazines up. The pages you wish to keep can be stored in manila folders and kept safe from wear and tear. Scanning the individual page makes it MUCH easier to... well... scan.

Secondly, it looks like your scanner is set to scan photos, not magazine pages. Fiddle around and see if you can find the option for magazine or art pages... most programs have them.  

My scanner, prior to my new one, was $60 dollars. You -can- do good work with a cheap scanner. Make it work for you!

I just don't like tearing up magazines, lol but thanks Nine. I need to fight with my scanner anyway. It only works when it feels like it for reasons I don't even pretend to understand.

Nice stuff avada, did you pick this up from ebay not too long ago? I saw one for sale not too long ago, I was thinking of bidding, but I ended up spending the money on some food or something. :laugh:

Nine mentioned the manila folders to put the pages in, also I find that sheet protectors work well too, they are plastic, and fit in three ring binders. Of course some pages are too big, but for the ones that aren't it's a good option. :) But that's for me, I have no problem ripping my magazines all to hell. ;)

I should be getting a couple other magazines in the next couple of days. If I can get my scanner fixed ( or rather the settings ), I'll scan those too. I think think I have an Elle and a Vogue coming. Those I can probably chop apart. ( I'm leery of doing the Audi one because it's so rare <_< )

:cool:

I got really really bored so I pieced the two parter together and fixed it a little. Obviously left the tags on it lol 

exs.jpg

did a little compensation for the magazine fold. since there was a chunk of it missing ( Which is why there's a space between the words. Usually that's in the binding. And I took print classes for far to long.... )

Nice job. Thanks!

I recieved the 2000, March edition of Audi today, and have set to scanning it. Here's the cover. I'll try putting the two pagers together when I get to them.

( the quality is 'eh' but there's nothing i can do about that with a 60 dollar scanner :(  )

cover8hn.th.jpg

Cover

toc2pm.th.jpg

From Table of Contents

Editorial

page13rn.th.jpg 

page25xr.th.jpg

page32vk.th.jpg page42cz.th.jpg

page50du.th.jpg

very nice

I recieved the 2000, March edition of Audi today, and have set to scanning it. Here's the cover. I'll try putting the two pagers together when I get to them.

( the quality is 'eh' but there's nothing i can do about that with a 60 dollar scanner :(  )

cover8hn.th.jpg

Cover

toc2pm.th.jpg

From Table of Contents

Editorial

page13rn.th.jpg 

page25xr.th.jpg

page32vk.th.jpg page42cz.th.jpg

page50du.th.jpg

very nice

hmm she looks heavy there.... pretty none the less.. it isnt my favourite ed