Bellazon

Blake Lively
Thumbnail

Sierra

I wouldn't blame her for not renewing. Katch is right that she's been given nothing really to do this season as the focus is on Blair and her silly issues. Apart from that though, they've pretty much murdered her character too. In the first season she was this kind, loyal, smart and fun-loving character if a bit carefree and misguided now they've just made her this boy-crazy bore :yuckky: blech!

Oh and Anil, there was no way of you knowing that wasn't Blake since that picture's been making its round on tumblr with it being tagged as Blake. I had to do my research when I first saw it a while back because I couldn't remember the photoset it was from and that's how I found out it was actually Katie Cassidy. No worries ;)

I soo loved her character in the first season :wub:

Me too! But now they don't focus on her character at all!

Its like they don't give a crap about Serena and her story. :/

For how much time it takes of hers to film the show, and only be on for 10 minutes the whole show, I don't think its worth it :/

I agree Blake must let this stupid show ASAP. I also fell in love with Serena's first season. Now is always the same. Blake has abandoned some projects because of GG. Blake is much better than what shows on GG. She can not commit to major projects since 9 months a year filming GG.

I miss this girl

post-54098-1322523645_thumb.jpg

I've asked the writers of GG the reason for Serena be a secondary role they answered me to trust them because they know what they are doing. But I think they do not know. :whistle:

It seems that our littl is girl back to NY since GG is filming today in NY. RR also returned to the Boston . RIPD back filming today in Quince (Boston). I hope they made ​​good use of these holidays. :drool: :drool:

Thanks for all the pix, news, and tweets! :flower:

New still from 'Hick'

57241402.jpg

Cool! Can't wait for April! :D I hope Savages is ready in time for some of the film festivals, too (is Cannes too much to hope for? :p)

Cornayyy Courtney C

Apparently my cousin has met Blake lively and Ryan Reynolds at her job on 30 rock! #jealous!

30 Rock as in the show? Or is that the address for NBC? New Yorkers, help me out here. ;) I just noticed the tv series films at Silvercup Studios sometimes, like GG. Needless to say, I would love love love to see her guest on that show. :D

Maybe it's Blake who has asked for a "light" storyline? I don't know what to think! :unsure:

I doubt it because the lighter storyline doesn't seem to have translated into a lighter workload where she could take weeks off at a time -- at least not since she wrapped Savages. She still seems to be working at least a few days almost every week, and long hours at that. I haven't watched the show from the beginning, but it sounds like they may have written the character into a dead end. I've seen that happen on other shows, where a popular character will be overused and exploited without enough thought given to character development and storylines and they end up ruining what what made the character and the show popular in the first place. And I don't know what her contract is like, but if she has an option not to re-new on the final year it's possible they don't expect her to come back and want to diminish the character's importance so they're not left with a big hole to fill. The introduction of the Ivy character could be another nod to that.

@Sage_22

Sage Romberg

Just saw Ryan Reynolds and Blake lively in the Dallas airport #sweatingprefusely

1 hour ago via Twitter for iPhone

Favorite Retweet Reply

Lol at the Us Weekly reporter asking the tweeter where they were going, like she would know their itinerary... tells you something about their "sources." ;) The tweeter seems legit, though... I wonder what's in Dallas... maybe just a connecting flight from Utah. :p

From her voguepedia page :)

Out of character and on the red carpet, Lively—whom Vogue has described as the “Quintessential American Golden Girl”[2]—works a beach-casual bombshell look, in colorful one-shouldered dresses and minis that show off miles of leg. She pulls her long, blonde hair back into a ponytail or a braid, and the look is easy, breezy, and California cool..

Super-cool actress and fashionista in the making Chloe Moretz hot-footed it to the GLAMOUR.com head quarters for a live Twitter interview. Find out what she had to say about her new movie Hugo (which is ace, by the way), those Kick-Ass sequel rumours and her celebrity crush…

GlamourMagUK Glamour Magazine UK

Alexa Chung, Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly and Blake Lively RT @shadyalabama: Who's your style icon? You're mine by the way! #GlamChloe

Cool interview with Blake about art and pix of some of her collection...

Artlog

29 Nov. '11

Collecting

Inside Blake Lively's Art Collection

By Ann Rose

Actress Blake Lively may be better known as a style icon than as an art collector, but she has assembled quite an inspiring personal collection. I recently had the privilege of interviewing Lively about her favorite pieces and what drives her passion for art. With a mix of contemporary art, vintage black and white photographs, and even a few prints from Urban Outfitters, her collection shows that art can be accessible at any age or budget.

What was your first piece of art?

My brother Eric thought it was important for me to collect art and have an awareness of it at a young age. He took me to an exhibit by Sage Vaughn at a warehouse in downtown LA and bought me my first piece. It’s a beautiful oil on canvas: one of Sage’s signature birds sits on a barbed wire fence in front of a building in Harlem while a lion peeps through the window. That experience ignited a hunger to see more art and collect it however I could.

A Sage Vaughn painting from Lively’s collection.

Do you think someone’s art collection relates back to their life?

I think that’s the beautiful thing about collecting, especially from a young age, because as your life grows and expands so does your art. Just because you can’t afford an expensive piece doesn’t mean you shouldn’t collect.

When I first moved to New York City, I never would have been able to afford a piece by Sage on my own, but I would walk around the streets and buy pieces from local artists. As I became more successful and able to afford pieces that were more expensive, I began to purchase from local galleries and talk to friends who are art curators. I now own so many pieces that I’m proud of, many are by Sage and other established artists, but still, many new ones are by young, aspiring artists.

Jeni Yang, Good Morning Hansel & Gretel, acrylic on wood, 16″×20″.

What type of art are you most drawn to?

I’ve found that I’m often drawn to pieces that portray a childish imagination with a malevolent undertone, like the moment on the boat in Willy Wonka when all the fantasy turns on itself into the unexpected. In every piece I own there is a sense of celebration, whether in image, context, or color.

A few of my favorite pieces exemplifying this are my Hansel & Gretel by Jeni Yang, my Misfit Toy Liar by John Whipple, A Memorable Lesson in the Permanence of Asphyxia by Candice Tripp, and last, the multilayered painted glass Turtle House by Ben Strawn.

Candice Tripp, A Memorable Lesson in the Permanence of Asphyxia, oil and ink on canvas, 30″ x 40″.

What are some other favorite pieces in your collection?

Future Holding by Toronto-based artist Tessar Lo

A Question Of Time by Lora Zombie

Two untitled sketches by Mark Ryden

An untitled sketch by Olivia Mae Pendergast

Mother and Child print by Elliott Erwitt

Lora Zombie, A Question Of Time.

You display your art in such a unique way. How do you decide where to put everything?

There are many different ways you can collect and display art. I normally start with one piece in a room and build a theme or story around it. I have an entire room that’s butterfly inspired. I applied 3D butterfly cutouts to my wall as a continuation of one of the Sage paintings.

Within my collection, I’ll do my own version of the art; the way you design the assortment of pieces on the wall in itself builds art. One wall will have a bunch of smaller pieces from young artists and Urban Outfitters, and across the room from it, a large piece by Sage. I feel like it’s a curiosity test and certain walls are a discovery.

Tessar Lo, Future Holding.

Aside from New York and Los Angeles, where else do you like to buy art?

I always try to buy things when I travel as a reminder of the trip and time spent in a city. When I was working in New Orleans for four months, I bought a chair and a painting of Audrey Hepburn by local artist Sarah Ashley Longshore. When traveling through Savannah, I came across an amazing store that reminded me of Anthropologie but that only sells pieces by students at SCAD (Savannah College of Art and Design). There I picked up a painting of Gene Wilder by artist Jennifer Ley and a set of the most unique tea cups by Lisa Bradley. While traveling through India, I got a beautiful set of hand-carved doors that are 150 years old and inlaid with mirrored accents.

Ben Strawn, Turtle House.

What do you hope or aspire to add to your collection?

Travis Louie had a show in LA on Nov 12, and it was awe-inspiring. I hope to get a piece from that series.

I have a few Mark Ryden sketches, but I would love to own one of his paintings someday. The detail and flawlessness in his brushwork and color are heartbreaking.

A friend recently showed me some original drawings by Winsor McCay, one of the early animators who paved the way for all to follow, including one of the rulers of my imagination, Walt Disney. I was floored by the beauty. I would love to have one of his original comic strips one day.

Also, who can’t appreciate the merriment in each of Jeff Koons’ works? I recently saw a giant fuchsia balloon animal dog of his in person. Just stunning! It makes me smile just to think of it.