Bellazon

General Celebrity Gossip

katchitup

Also, what Cara said ... It's so awkward. It show that many ppl around him was not only aware, but partner in crime, in some extent. Money must be one of the central matter in the whole story, like always ... 

15 minutes ago, jj3 said:

^ But actually, IMO, i find the fact to laugh about it, this way, like you know, "oh that damn Harvey, always so pervy", "the good old big perv", well i find it's pretty terrible.

Because it means everybody was aware about the situation, and in the end, it was enough supportable, to find the humour to laugh about it, like a catharsis ... but actually very negative. 

Yeah, I think there must have been a lot of antipathy towards women who were seen as using the casting couch to sleep their way to the top. Women like Meryl Streep and Judi Dench could afford to be dismissive towards other women like, “Well, I’m so talented, I don’t have to sleep with anyone for roles.” BUT not all women went along with it, they rejected his advances and told others. Hence, it was called Hollywood’s worst kept secret. So, these A-list celebrities who try to act brand new like they had never heard of any sexual harassment allegations are DIRTY.

1 minute ago, Sanni said:

So, these A-list celebrities who try to act brand new like they had never heard of any sexual harassment allegations are DIRTY.

Or somehow too much comprimise already. Or just malevolent ... 

15 minutes ago, jj3 said:

Or somehow too much comprimise already. Or just malevolent ... 

Oh yes, I think Matt Damon and Ben Affleck among others will take a big hit…

33 minutes ago, jj3 said:

Also, what Cara said ... It's so awkward. It show that many ppl around him was not only aware, but partner in crime, in some extent. Money must be one of the central matter in the whole story, like always ... 

Absolutely, he had a whole system set up for maximum success. A true predator. He would lure his target to his hotel room e.g. under the guise of a meeting, would have a female executive or an assistant in the room to make the woman lower her guard down, then he’d dismiss the executive or the assistant so he would end up alone with the woman. Using female casting agents etc. to seem more trustworthy.

This is the same guy who Matt Damon, Russell Crowe, and Harvey Weinstein allegedly defended to NYT, which killed the story they were working on:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0518441/

At this point, a few days already since the facts are out, i'm already surprised that no legal action from a prosecutor or something started ... A common action from some groups or just from the victims themselves should have been engaged too by now. 

A french actress, Emma de Caunes told the same kind of story happened to her in Cannes, during the festival some years ago. I don't know if you read the story, but it's always the same terminology ... 

Did you ever read this blind item from 2009?

Casting Couch

It was mystifying several years ago why she was hyped the way she was hyped. Just another starlet with no real significant starring vehicles somehow ending up with a prestigious magazine cover proclaiming her as the next It. Well It never happened. And after all this time and a string of failures, she’s been trying to change the course. So she’s gone back to the major player who tried to make it happen for her the first time. There was an arrangement back then – her sexual services for his professional services – and apparently the same arrangement was resurrected recently in the hopes that she’ll finally confirm a juicy role to kickstart a stagnant career.

Never mind that he’s married. His wife benefits handsomely from his generosity and while he may not fulfill her with fidelity, he certainly makes up for it through client exchange. Probably better that way. And given what he looks like, it totally makes sense. But he is a legend in the business both for his accomplishments and for the way he leads these ladies to their accomplishments, counting a couple of award winners and a few box office heavyweights on his resumé…which is why he quickly tired of our poor girl and discarded her.

But not before drying her out. One day late summer, they were joined in a hotel suite by a third gentleman (identity insignificant), both of them enjoying her as she allowed herself to be taken, and, um, decorated appropriately, all for a reward at the end of the session – the privilege of simply looking at a script, no promise, no confirmation…just an advance read. And a suggestion to show up at a premiere for a few introductions. She is so desperate, it’s been so meagre, she submitted to the humiliation although gamely seems to have enjoyed it. An actor after all, obviously able to shut out her husband and child waiting for her back at home.

And then he just cut it off. Told her he could no longer help her. That her body in his bed was no longer required. Which of course only added to her degradation. She tried and tried to offer up more, willing to engage in further depravity, but was only met with rejection. Because he’s moved on. He’s hunting his next target. A young, nubile, blonde babe with a large profile and a perky rack who so far has been able to resist his advances but is trying to graduate from supporting roles in film, as the fact that she’s a headliner on the small screen has not helped with the quality of scripts she’s being offered, or with many of her auditions so far. She’s currently waiting on a big break and he’s trying to make sure it doesn’t happen, so that in her disappointment, she’ll come running to him, ready to wheel and deal.

Note: there are 4 famous names at play – the reject, the replacement, the power player, and his wife.

http://www.laineygossip.com/Casting-Couch-blind-item/15504

Apparently, Harvey threatened Lainey to keep quiet.

That threesome thing is similar to this:

There was no meeting. Mr. Weinstein was in a bathrobe, behind a coffee table covered with papers.

He told her they were contracts for his next three films, according to Ms. Dunning. But she could only sign them on a condition: She would have to have three-way sex with him.

Ms. Dunning said that she laughed, assuming he was joking, and that Mr. Weinstein grew angry.

“You’ll never make it in this business,” she said he told her. “This is how the business works.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/10/us/gwyneth-paltrow-angelina-jolie-harvey-weinstein.html

Did Harvey think he was being cute, three movies for a threesome?

And what about Shannon Elizabeth? After American Pie, she signed a three-picture deal with Miramax…

9 minutes ago, gotportugal said:

I cringe so much looking at these statements. They are so false.

Yes! I mean, not a lot of people are crusaders. So, it is somewhat understandable that people waited to see whether Hollywood would close ranks before speaking up. But I’ve lost a lot of respect for those stars who released a late and generic statement when Harvey had already spiralled down days before and more and more people had come forward.

44 minutes ago, Sanni said:

It's trully horrible ... Even in my mind, knowing Hollywood and the showbusiness was rotten like this, i keep continue being horrified reading all these things ... 

I thought in the worst case it was something ponctual, but not literally industrial like it appears to be now ...

My wild theory is that Anne Hathaway turned down Silver Linings Playbook because of Harvey Weinstein. Jennifer Lawrence went on to win an Oscar for the role. Maybe in revenge, Harvey started that whole Hathahaters campaign because some say that there was a lot of think-pieces written on Hathahaters and Anne vs. Jennifer but not a lot of evidence on the Hathahaters existing prior to all the talk about them.

Another publicist remembers showing [Sienna] Miller, who had just starred in the Weinstein-produced 2006 film Factory Girl, a gown by another designer that she liked, only to be told by her camp that because the star was sitting with Weinstein and Chapman at the Golden Globes, "he would be very upset if she didn't wear Marchesa." The same longtime L.A. based publicist also related that Felicity Huffman was told by Weinstein that he wouldn't put any money behind promoting her 2005 film Transamerica unless she wore Marchesa on the red carpet.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/harvey-weinstein-puts-marchesa-fashion-brand-tough-spot-1046926

Studio executives and directors doing this to women (and men) is a old as movies. It's assumed to be somewhat common but I don't think anyone can be certain how common. Since executives and directors are the ones with power it's not strange that the abused would be afraid to speak out on their own, and it's makes complete sense that once the person loses power or once there are multiple accusers that they feel comfortable speaking out.

I don't think I have seen other executives singled out in this way during the last few days, and that's because they are still in power and people want a chance to have a career. I seems to be limited to Wienstein and people around him, so far.

The idea of going up and grabbing people keeps reminding me of Trump saying he does that in that video. He, and likely the others also, seem to think it's their right to do this because they are rich / powerful / famous.

^  I wonder if that would be more difficult to be revealed. I imagine the powerful people involved in that would fight even harder to keep it a secret, and it's normally very hard for children to reveal abuse. This is just a guess, but I would think it might take someone who helped but was not directly involved being overcome by guilt to the point of not caring about the ramifications of telling the truth.

In general, i'm not optimistic, but I hope that ring doesn't exist as that would be the best case scenario.

Harvey Weinstein Suicide Threat Prompts Police Response

10/11/2017 1:49 PM PDT

Harvey Weinstein's daughter called 911 to say her dad was suicidal Wednesday morning, and police responded ... TMZ has learned.

According to law enforcement, Weinstein was at his 22-year-old daughter Remy's place when their argument spilled out onto the street. We're told Harvey yelled to her, "You're making it worse" ... and then flagged down a random vehicle driving past, begging for a ride.

We're told Remy convinced her father to go back in the house, and shortly thereafter -- around 10:30 AM -- LAPD and her alarm company showed up.

Law enforcement sources confirm officers responded to a call from Remy, who said her father was "suicidal and depressed." When they arrived ... Harvey had already left the home.

We're told when officers arrived Remy told them no suicidal statements were made, and it was purely a family dispute.

As of now, we're told Weinstein is still in L.A., but planning to fly out of town -- possibly to a rehab center -- before day's end.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/11/harvey-weinstein-suicide-threat-police/