Bellazon

General Celebrity Gossip

katchitup

44 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

Did you read the lawsuit? She sues them for wrongful termination.

They are not "forced" to employ anyone. This is not the point. The point is that there are rules to fire employees. They didn't respect the laws on how to fire her.

Also, they discriminated her since they used an argument to fire her and didn't use it on other employee. Another claim is that many employees and execs from Disney harassed her.

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/24410222/gina-carano-disney.pdf

When the first rumblings came out about her possibly suing, I read some experts who claimed her lawsuit had little chance of success.

It would essentially mean any actor who is dropped from a series could claim discrimination and forced to be rehired. I'm not sure how the industry is meant to work in that way.

5 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

They haven't been "only cartoons" since the 1940s (when they made films that were a mix of live action and animation) or 1950s (when they made their first 100% live action films).

When I turn on tv and I only watch Cartoons in this channel

Are you a teacher or schizophrenic?

8 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

When the first rumblings came out about her possibly suing, I read some experts who claimed her lawsuit had little chance of success.

It would essentially mean any actor who is dropped from a series could claim discrimination and forced to be rehired. I'm not sure how the industry is meant to work in that way.

I have heard "experts" saying she has a sure win... so, here's a fair question: how trustworthy are the "experts" in the media? My guess is often times: not so much. 😅

The "experts" I heard said that Disney didn't take all measures to properly fire her (she learned about it on... social media. Not very classy and quite borderline in terms of legality.

I guess we'll see what the court has to say in the end ;) (and I hope Disney loses).

15 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

I have heard "experts" saying she has a sure win... so, here's a fair question: how trustworthy are the "experts" in the media? My guess is often times: not so much. 😅

The "experts" I heard said that Disney didn't take all measures to properly fire her (she learned about it on... social media. Not very classy and quite borderline in terms of legality.

I guess we'll see what the court has to say in the end ;) (and I hope Disney loses).

Well it's not like I will be sad if Disney loses money.

But this case has implications far beyond Disney.

1 hour ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Well it's not like I will be sad if Disney loses money.

But this case has implications far beyond Disney.

Which implications?

My understanding is that Kathleen Kennedy and her woke goons didn't respect the basic laws.

BTW, there won't be many more cases like her. Modern Hollywood is full of neo-McCarthyism (the woke version). All actors have to bend the knee to the far left lunacies... and most of them do. The compliance is high in Hollywood (the ESG terror has the power).

Henry Cavill's Argylle bombed pretty bad and it's the first of a trilogy...

He was often talked about as a possible replacement for Bond (esp. due to A Man for Uncle).  His hairline looks pretty bad these days.

Argylle - Wikipedia

Daniell Craig wasn't a very good Bond imho.