Bellazon

General Celebrity Gossip

katchitup

• 3 weeks later...

I am amused at all the people surprised at the news that Adam Levine cheated on Behati.

90% of music/rock stars cheat when they are on the road. There are probably hundreds just like this tiktok girl who decided to kiss & tell who just kept their mouths shut about it.

This isn't even just limited to musicians, actors are the same. There are clips out there of RDJ & Jude Law discussing cheating on their girls whilst doing press for one of the Sherlock Holmes films they did together, after being confronted with a cute girl doing their interview.

10 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

Zac Efron says that he suffered a severe facial injury while working out, shattering his jaw on a granite fountain.

His face is really different now.  Basically he got uglier/more masculine looking lol:

SUeGd8r.png

That's what happened to him! I had wondered having seen recent pictures how his face has changed so much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Speaking in a live stream with Random House, Martin spoke about the latest series of House of the Dragon and the long-awaited Winds of Winter.

“It’s a big, big book,” said Martin. “It’s a challenging book. It’s probably going to be a larger book than any of the previous volumes in the series.

“The Dance of Dragons and Storm of Swords were the two largest books in the series. They were both about 1500 manuscript pages. I think this one is gonna be longer than that, by the time I’ve finished it.”

“I think I’m about 3 quarters of the way done, maybe. But that’s not 100% done. So, I have to continue to work on it. “

“I’ve given up on making predictions [of when it will be finished]. Because people press me and press me, ‘when’s it gonna be done?’”

“I’ve never lied about these predictions… But I guess I overestimate my ability to get stuff done and underestimate the amount of interruptions.”

“One day it will be done. And then, it will come out. And then, the next day, someone will tweet me ‘When will we see A Dream of Spring!?’”

GRRM has been working on this one for eleven years.

If he still has a quarter of the book to write, then we are looking at 14, possibly 15 years before he is done.

There is no way he will ever finish the seventh book at that tempo.

He might be pushing eighty by the time he releases Winds of Winter. If it ever gets released.

37 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

GRRM has been working on this one for eleven years.

If he still has a quarter of the book to write, then we are looking at 14, possibly 15 years before he is done.

There is no way he will ever finish the seventh book at that tempo.

He might be pushing eighty by the time he releases Winds of Winter. If it ever gets released.

Unfortunately, yes.  He is so busy with the new shows that the Winds of Winter must be written at a snail's pace.

I am currently 60% through Clash of Kings.  His books are so long, that they are 2 sizeable books in 1.  So in my mind he already wrote 10 books.

The audiobook for Game of thrones is approx. 32 hrs.  Clash of Kings, 34 hrs.  Storm of swords 54 hrs.  Feast of Crows 33 hrs  Dance of the Dragons 45 hours

The entire Witcher series was approx. 130 hours for 8 books.

Honestly I think it's better for fans to create their own fan fiction about how they would want their characters to end.  That's one of my purposes for reading the books.  

21 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

I read the entire series in between season one and two of GoT. So I have been waiting for the sixth book for around a decade now. :rofl:

out of curiosity, what kind of endings do you have in mind for all the key characters?  Are they the same as Season 8?

5 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

out of curiosity, what kind of endings do you have in mind for all the key characters?  Are they the same as Season 8?

I have no idea. I cannot imagine that the Daenerys ending will be like in the show. Or if it is, we get a slower progression to her becoming the villain. It felt all too rushed on the show.

I also find the idea that GRRM would let Bran sit on the Iron Throne at the end of it weird. So I think that too will be resolved differently.

Jon Snow going beyond the Wall after the war is over does seem more like a GRRM plot line.

And I think San-San shippers might be right that Martin at least originally intended to have Sansa end up with Sandor Clegane. Apart from her dreams and the amount of times she thinks of him after she departs King's Landing (IIRC there is just one Sansa POV chapter in which Clegane isn't at least mentioned), there is also the vision of her dark-haired children (can't remember what book).

Whether or not he still intends to do that remains to be seen.

A similar problem is going on with Robert Caro.  He is a masterful researcher and writer who won the Pulitzer prize twice but unfortunately, he is 86 years old.

"The Power Broker" is still one of the greatest books I've ever read. It is by far the best piece of investigative journalism that I have ever seen, it's literally in a category of its own.

I read his Lyndon Johnson series book 1-3  (the best is the Pulitzer prize winning "Master of the Senate") but I don't think he'll finish his gigantic research effort.  I haven't read book 4 yet.  But reviews (fans and professional) conclude that it was not as good as 1-3.   Master of the Senate is also amazing, and by far the best political science book I've ever read and encountered.

The Years of Lyndon Johnson - Wikipedia

Robert Caro - Wikipedia

In November 2011, Caro estimated that the fifth and final volume would require another two to three years to write.[11] In March 2013, he affirmed a commitment to completing the series with a fifth volume.[12] As of April 2014, he was continuing to research the book.[13] In a televised interview with C-SPAN in May 2017, Caro confirmed over 400 typed pages as being complete, covering the period 1964–65; and that once he completes the section on Johnson's 1965 legislative achievements, he intends to move to Vietnam to continue the writing process.[14]

In an interview with the New York Review of Books in January 2018, Caro said that he was writing about 1965 and 1966 and a non-chronological section about the relationship between Johnson and Bobby Kennedy. Asked if he still planned to visit Vietnam soon, Caro replied: "Not yet, no. This is a very long book. And there's a lot to do before that's necessary. I'm getting close to it now."[15] In December 2018, it was reported that Caro is still "several years from finishing" the volume.[16] In January 2020, Caro said he had "typed 604 manuscript pages so far" and is "currently on a section relating to the creation of Medicare in 1965".[17] Due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, Caro postponed his research trip to Vietnam and a visit to the Johnson Presidential Library, but continued work on the book from his home in Manhattan.[18] In October 2021, Caro said that he was writing about Johnson's passing of Medicare and his escalation of the Vietnam War.

2 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

I have no idea. I cannot imagine that the Daenerys ending will be like in the show. Or if it is, we get a slower progression to her becoming the villain. It felt all too rushed on the show.

I also find the idea that GRRM would let Bran sit on the Iron Throne at the end of it weird. So I think that too will be resolved differently.

Jon Snow going beyond the Wall after the war is over does seem more like a GRRM plot line.

And I think San-San shippers might be right that Martin at least originally intended to have Sansa end up with Sandor Clegane. Apart from her dreams and the amount of times she thinks of him after she departs King's Landing (IIRC there is just one Sansa POV chapter in which Clegane isn't at least mentioned), there is also the vision of her dark-haired children (can't remember what book).

Whether or not he still intends to do that remains to be seen.

That's nuts.  I never heard of the Sansa-Sandor romance.  While I do understand them becoming great friends, he is so physically damaged and older that even after his redemption arc it doesn't necessarily mean that a like minded woman like Sansa would be attracted to him romantically.  And later on Sansa develops into a ruthless Machiavellian type, except with noble intents- the type of person that the Hound despises.   This is the same issue I have with the Brienne-Jaime romance in the show.  I don't know if this is in the books or a show thing.  There was also the fanbase going on about the Jorah-Dany romance thing. 

It seems like Dany has a budding sense of entitlement and she would rage if something got in the way of her destiny- especially after passing so many years of trials.  This is what I picked up in book 1/2.  And in the show her entitlement just grows and grows.

I have a sense that GRRM has a lot of great ideas for weird romances.  However I don't think he's a deep romantic writer and is missing some key insights.

Bran in book 1/2 has a really weird story.  It's like he's a developing mystic/jesus/buddha/Muhammad etc type figure.  I feel like the set up is to make him some sort of mystical leader with foresight, like a Seer of some sort.  But Seers are traditionally advisors, not leaders of kingdoms.  Seers could be religious/spirtual leaders or leaders of cults.  It will be odd to see this transition.  Maybe GRRM will change his original ending.  The vikings show had a seer that was very well done:

Unnamed woman alleges Herschel Walker pressured her into an abortion in 1993 | CNN Politics

1b71361b-062316-herschel-walker.jpg?ve=1

It turns out that candidate Herschel Walker is a serial adulterer with several children with different women LOL.

His own son said :  "He has four kids, four different women. Wasn't in the house raising one of them. He was out having sex with other women."

14 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

That's nuts.  I never heard of the Sansa-Sandor romance.  While I do understand them becoming great friends, he is so physically damaged and older that even after his redemption arc it doesn't necessarily mean that a like minded woman like Sansa would be attracted to him romantically.  And later on Sansa develops into a ruthless Machiavellian type, except with noble intents- the type of person that the Hound despises.   This is the same issue I have with the Brienne-Jaime romance in the show.  I don't know if this is in the books or a show thing.  There was also the fanbase going on about the Jorah-Dany romance thing. 

Yeah but you should realize that the books are very different from the series in that regard. For one thing, at the point of the story where the books are now, Sandor Clegane is just 29 years old. Whereas Rory McCann was already 42 in the first season of GoT. So they definitely went another way entirely with that character.

There are many hints at the fact that GRRM at least at one point planned something between them. One thing is the mention of Sandor in every Sansa chapter bar one (even after she leaves King's Landing). She also keeps his bloodied cloak (from when he comes to her during the Battle of the Blackwater).

As for Sansa's personality, it's true that they made her much more ruthless and cunning on the show, but that evolution is far less pronounced in the books. At least up to the point in the story where GRRM has gotten us. It might very well be that Sansa changes a lot more in the books too under the tutelage of Littlefinger.

Should also note that the entire subplot of Ramsey Bolton marrying and raping her is also something entirely of the show. So that is a huge deviation already from the books in Sansa story line.